Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

ARGC - WELCOME, QUESTIONS, WAITING, MONITORING - Part 2

47K views 1K replies 106 participants last post by  Cloudy 
#1 ·
Hi everyone

This is a continuation of the welcome thread, for those new or considering the clinic and those waiting to start treatment. I thought it would be nice to pull things together in one place :) :) so people could ask questions and find out about the clinic.

I've also added some basic links to info below to get you started:

What's the treatment like? CLICK HERE

First cycle questions - CLICK HERE

Some idea of cost (although a bit old) - CLICK HERE

and there's more on the help and info pages - CLICK HERE

Happy chatting and lots of ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

Please note: this thread is not for pregnancy or cycle chat, there are separate thread for these.

KA xxx

See less See more
#2 ·
A lovely brand new thread... 

Thank Mrs B - I bought the turmeric precisely because of its anti-inflammatory properties...

Deedee - I've done about 4 sessions at the London Acupuncture Clinic in Wimpole  Street and have found it very relaxing.  I also think it's helped my headaches.  Although not so much with my immunes just yet  ;). I think it will be great to do when cycling... 

LRx

#3 ·
Hello everyone

I am new on here.

I received my appointment at Argc 1st consultation on 09/04/15, so excited but nervous too. I was hoping I would of got a earlier date.

I initially had all my test and consultation at the bridge centre but then after reading about Argc and seeing their states compared to bridge I decided to take the plunge.

:)

#4 ·
Pumpkin1981 my first appointment isn't long before yours: 27 March. Feels like I've been waiting forever and I'm very eager to get my immunes tested so that I can get going. I get the impression it can take a while. But I know its better to get everything sorted so that I'm in the best possible situation before cycling. My NHS cycle was with The Bridge (we had to take the eggs to them and I'd have had transfer there - if we'd got that far). I'm much more confident about ARGC. A friend had a BFP there so I'm hopeful. Good luck!

#5 ·
Oh dear, can't seem to stop crying today...which is a bit of a problem as am at work!  It probably doesn't help that AF is due on Monday and I had all this hope of being able to start cycling then.  I feel such a mix of emotions - anger, sadness, disappointment - and then I feel so pathetic because I haven't even got to the main event so to speak and other people on this forum have gone through so much more.  It's a bit hard because I don't have an OH to confide in or give me a hug, to be on this journey with me but that's what I signed up for and I should get used to it.  It's just today - I could really do with a hug...
Sorry guys for the downer post.  I thought that if I just wrote this down, I might have a better chance of getting through the rest of the day...
LRx

#6 ·
Larkrise - Don't be sad and stop worrying about the "me" posts. We're all here because we need a shoulder to cry on every now and again.

In everyone's journey whether it's the first cycle or the 10th, we all have our crying sad days and need support. Its good that you tell us your thoughts so we can try and pick you up.

Your journey is as important as the next person so don't think your story is less important than anyone else's.

You sound like a tough person that's strong. You wouldn't have decided to push forward with this alone is you weren't. To come to that decision in my eyes makes you one hell of a woman to look up to. I wish I had an ounce of courage. You're journey is inspiring other people. There is no right and wrong situation as everyone's scenario's vary so vastly.

I know the cytokines are getting you down and that you were mentally was ready to give this a go. Think of the bigger picture. You're in the right place that will make you perfect before starting the game. You'll be in the best position possible and that you've waited this long, what's another few months now?!
That's what I tell myself when things keep going wrong. We're all going to get there in the end. We just need to continue to be strong. ^hugme^

#7 ·
Thanks so much Cheeps for all you say - I appreciate it more than you'll know. The support from FF is just amazing.  I've managed to get the crying under control and am ready to carry on.  Have just paid for the next round of humira which will arrive tomorrow so bring it on!
Wishing you all a very happy and restful weekend.
LRx

#8 ·
I feel for you Larkrise. I really do. But now is the time to dig really deep, accept the position you're in, smile (it always helps) and use the time to your advantage. Like you, I had to do two rounds of Humira and it's ridiculously frustrating - my monitoring cycle was in October. Naively I thought I'd have cycled before Christmas!!! Laughable now. But hindsight is a great thing! Anyway, keep your chin up. Your time will come.  I take great comfort in the saying that 'what's for you, won't go past you'. This helps me stay strong when there are further delays or complications. And it helps me keep calm as I play this waiting game.

Much love and a huge hug, you should be incredibly proud of yourself for pursuing this option and coming this far already.

Mrs B xx

#9 ·
Thanks Mrs. B - I feel better and what you say makes such sense.  I really like your saying as well.  I think it just all got to me a bit today... 
LRx

#10 ·
And good luck with your retest on Monday - the results seem to be coming back pretty quickly now so hopefully the wait won't be much longer...

#11 ·
Larkrise - thanks for the acupuncture recommendation. I might use them.

Like Cheeps said, don't worry about all the me posts. That's what the forum is for. The tears are understandable when treatment is delayed - it's not like we haven't waited enough to become mothers. It's like water torture.

ARGC is the best place to go. Getting your immunes in good shape does mean you'll have a better chance. I can see why the give humira; why test for things like DQ alpha  matching when humira is the potential solution.

You are being incredibly brave doing this alone and admire you for taking this path. We'll do our best to help support you as much as possible - I know this isn't the same, but at least we'll understand the IVF part. Do you have family/friends that can give you the hugs?

My AF is due Tuesday so we're on the same schedule. I am hoping I can start in a month, but it more likely in 2 months. If it doesn't start this month, there is a risk that egg collection/implantation will be around the time of my cousins wedding.  :-\

Have a good immune busting day girls.

xx

#12 ·
Thanks Deedee - am much better today.  hope you are doing ok?  What's the next stage for you after the intralipids?
Hope you're having a lovely Saturday.
LRx

#13 ·
Hi all, ive been hovering and have posted a little a while ago. I had a failed tx at ARGC 3 years ago so finally have the money to go again!!! Slight delay as they want me to lose a little more weight so im on that! Done monitoring cycle and cytokine repeat test . Just so impatient to get going again and my body doesnt seem to be playing ball re the losing weight at a good rate, its plodding!! Slight delay also due to dh work so looks like i will be doing the process alone except the big egg collection day of course!

Sarah x

#14 ·
Good morning all,
I hope it is ok to join you all! I had a successful round of ivf at Argc 4 years ago and we are now trying again. We had 2 unsuccessful rounds last year closer to home so we have decided to return to Argc (wish we did that last year now!) and hoping to start treatment in April and hopefully 3rd time lucky! This forum is what has got me through both our success round and unsuccessful journeys.
What sort of things are you doing to get ready. I'm doing the vitamins, have only been drinking on special occasions. I eat pretty well anyway as II'm doing slimmimg world and determined to get to my target weight before treatment! Any other tips from anyone? Xxxxx

#15 ·
Larkrise - I get immune tested on 11th March to see if more intralipids. In the mean time, I'm trying to treat all my underlying issues and build up strength. Are you feeling better? I got AF this morning. :-(

Joshie - Welcome back. Sorry about your unsuccessful cycles. ARGC is clearly the best place. To prepare for IVF, I've tried to work out my underlying fertility issues and treat them the best I can. That is my advice to everyone. We all have different fertility issues and we need to see what we can do to solve our own.  It's not easy, but in the long run I will be healthier. We have a pretty healthy fish/veg diet. I am guessing that balancing immune issues would be my advice -quality fish oil and veg.

Sarah1712 - Good luck with the weight loss. Hopefully, your body will start behaving playing ball.

Everyone else - happy, happy Monday.

xx

#16 ·
Quick question:
Does anyone know how much the ureaplasma & mycoplasma test costs to have done through the clinic?

(My NHS surgery is unsure what this is so it's looking like I'll need to do this one through the clinic. I don't see it listed on the price list.)

Thanks for helping if you can. And happy Monday!
NE

#17 ·
Noteasy - the test is £100 including both tests. If you test positive, the antibiotics, in my case, were cheaper via a private prescription than via NHS: I think it was £3.50 for 10 days of doxycycline.

x

#18 ·
deedee_spark said:
Noteasy - the test is £100 including both tests. If you test positive, the antibiotics, in my case, were cheaper via a private prescription than via NHS: I think it was £3.50 for 10 days of doxycycline.

x
Cheers for this, deedee.

#19 ·
Deedee - will keep my fx for you...  My AF arrived yesterday!  LRx

#20 ·
Hi Ladies,

How is everybody?

DeeDee - Can you tell me how the intralipids work? ie how long does it take and last and how often you have to do it and cost?

I'm having my immunes retested tomorrow after one round of Humira. They are currently at 35 but thinking if they havn't gone down to the elusive 30.6 then wonder whether to do intralipids. Just don't know anything about them though  :-\

Noteasy - definitely worth getting ureaplasa/mycoplasma done as that's one thing you can tick off the list of things that could be wrong.

Joshie - Good luck at ARGC. Hopefully, they'll give you the same results as your first time.

Sarah - Good luck with the weight loss. Hope it speeds up for you. I'm like you, I hate the waiting game!

AFM - will retest immunes tomorrow and really hoping it will work after one round of humira. My AF is due next Fri so hoping my results come before then and hopefully, I can make a start. Might be wishful thinking but we'll just have to see.

#21 ·
Hi Cheeps,

I think it was £300. I haven't got my notes on me right now but I am sure it was cheaper than the test. It was an ok treatment. I had a slight headache afterwards but felt very relaxed. I think it lasts 6 weeks and so more testing once you get pregnant. It is only soya and egg so I think it is relatively safe. Not sure about effectiveness though. I think they are more effective if you have high natural killer cells and high TNF-a. I only had high TNF-a. :-/ However, I believe they balance the immune system rather than suppress one part of it. I've seen some very good clinics in the USA use intralipids instead of humira (with other drugs) and get similar results to ARGC. It's hard to know what's best. ARGC do say humira gives the best chance.

xx

#22 ·
Cheeps - Hope all goes well tomorrow.  My results came back in a week so should definitely be back in time for AF on Friday week.

#23 ·
Good luck Cheeps! When I had my last re test, the results were back in 4 days! Hoping it's the same for you. My re test is next Monday, can't wait!

#24 ·
Hi Ladies,

Thanks for your help.

I got there at 7.35am and couldn't believe how quiet it was at that time. I got a seat in the waiting room!!! I'm so use to standing around and waiting about 45mins!

Was done with paperwork and bloods in approx. 20-25mins - woo hoo. I've got to say I love the lady in charge at bloodwork clinic - she runs it like a well oiled machine, keeping everything in order. Had a joke with hubby saying I would be just like her - lol!!!! Love to organise and plan!

Was back home in Reading by 10am. Not bad for a day's work. So I'm hoping my results come back next week before AF. I know I'll feel disappointed like LR did the other day if they don't. It's just because we've all waited so long that it just seems never ending. Will deal with that next week though.

Boo - Not long to wait until Monday. Fingers crossed.

DeeDee - thanks for the info - very useful if I need to take that route.

LR- hope you're feeling better hun. Have you started the humira again yet?

Hope everyone else is ok x

#25 ·
Good going Cheeps - love it when it all goes smoothly!  Yup, back on the humira - first injection was on Sunday so retest day is Easter Day!  Won't be able to retest until the following Tuesday I guess - will need to check out what ARGC's opening times are over the holiday period.  Can't believe we are talking about Easter - it feels like it was just Christmas!!!! 
LRx

#26 ·
Have just been quoted £10 - £14,000 for a natural FET cycle at ARGC!!!!
Is this really how much it will cost????
The figure on their website says £1000 for the thawing and transfer.
The person I spoke to seemed a bit shaky on the facts, and said that it is very unusual for anyone not to have to have courses of treatment for immune issues first??
I explained that I'd had tests for all of that and a lot more, and she said they always have to repeat them all as you'll probably need to have treatment.

Am looking for somewhere in London to have a natural FET cycle. We're at the end of the road really, and I just want to give the frosties a try before closing the door on all of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.