Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

IUI March / April 2015

60K views 627 replies 39 participants last post by  hopeful17 
#1 ·
A new thread for ladies having IUI March /April 2015

#77 ·
Still waiting for the phone call! Sooooooooo scared!

Mrsfw - so sorry it didn't work out for you. One day you'll get the BFP you're waiting for, I'm sure.

Jo xx

^pray^ ^idiot^

#78 ·
Thankfully my body is playing ball and got two follicles of 14 mm fingers crossed its second time lucky for me

#79 ·
Hi ladies, today went alot better. Insem was done correctly! DP sample still not preparing well but went ahead anyway. You'll be glad to know the lab lady that  messed up our sample yesterday has had to fill out many forms and incident reports! They now triple check everything that goes through the lab! (surely that rule should be in place anyway) so my 2ww has begun! As DP sample didn't prepare well again, we are being referred for IVF and if i get a BFP in 2weeks we will cancel. But my nurse didn't want to delay us any longer. I'm feeling alot more positive today :D thank you ladies for supporting me through my ordeal yesterday. Good luck everyone xxx

#80 ·
Hi ladies  ^wave^

Mrsfw I'm so sorry to hear it didn't work for you this time. I agree with CMJ, try to do something nice tonight and treat yourself to something you love because you deserve it and it's so important to try to balance out the tough times with the things that make us happy ^hugme^

Bella how did it go today? I hope it was a much more successful day than yesterday for you both.

CMJ have a fab weekend and I'll have my fingers and toes crossed that you get that BFP that we all need to hear. You are so great at answering everyone personally I can tell you will make an amazing mummy and deserve that BFP!!!! ^pray^  ^reiki^ You're right my partner and I have a similar age gap to you two!!! We are just a few years older  ;D you lucky things having a few more years of youth to add to your odds    ^goodluck^

Afm, well it didn't go so well today I'm sorry to say. On a positive note it didn't hurt at all and I had a lovely day out in Exeter with my DP. I also feel like we have ticked the first box and are one step closer to getting to IVF which to be honest is where I think we need to be. We have been offered four rounds of IUI and it feels silly not to take them if they are there, but today just proved that we might need to be on the ICSI route to get our BFP. DP wasn't happy with the amount he managed to supply and it turned out he was right. The nurse said if his sample had been that low before then we wouldn't have been offered IUI at all and would have gone straight to IVF. They were very sweet and went ahead with the little we did have (which was even less after the spin wash!) but they advised us to do as much BMS as possible over the weekend to make the most of the month. They have told us that we can do another one next month to check this was just a rogue sample and as DP had really bad flu last week we think it might be worth one more shot. DP was gutted and I hate seeing him like that. Funny enough I was fine about it all!

So all in all its been a bit of a test run for us but I still have a big smile on my face and am excited about next month now  ^daisy^

#81 ·
While I was writing that lambie, Jo-jo and hopeful all posted too!

Jo-Jo you must be busting with excitement and nerves and all the other feelings!!!!  ^goodluck^

Lambie not long now until the 11th!!  ^pray^ ^reiki^

Hopeful that's great news! Two at 14 sound really positive  :)

#82 ·
Thank you cinnamon, I cant really describe what im feeling to be honest!

#83 ·
Last time they were really slow at growing I'm on day 12 now last cycle on day 18 my follicles were only 11.5mm so for them to be 14 on day 12 makes me more positive

#84 ·
Hey cinnamon. I've wrote how today went a few posts back. Hope your good xx

#85 ·
Bella, that's much better news and I'm so glad you didn't have another stressful day. That woman definitely deserved all that paperwork  ^bigbad^ Sorry I missed your post  :-[ good luck on your 2ww!!!

#86 ·
Thanks cinnamon. Much better today :) how are you feeling? Whens your OTD? Xx

#87 ·
22nd March I think... 16 days from now. It's the exact day AF is due. When's yours Bella?

#88 ·
Sorry ladies, no good news from me.
Just had the call - BFN.
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

#89 ·
Jo-Jo  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ I have no words that will help right now so it'll have to be hugs instead. I'm so sorry to hear that, I had such a good feeling for you.

I've just had my first wee since insemination. I'm convinced it's all fallen out now  ;D I was really surprised at the fact the sample was a)bright pink and b) so runny!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

#90 ·
Girls thanks for all your love today, it really has helped. Jojo....  ^hugme^ , so so sorry, book yourself something nice to do this evening or tomorrow. It will be a new day, so hard though I know xxx

#92 ·
Thanks everyone xx

#93 ·
So sorry about your BFN Jojo :( keep your chin up and treat yourself :D sending hugs hunny.
cinnamon - my OTD is 20th march, 2 weeks from today xxx

#94 ·
Wow ladies.....can't believe how fast this thread has moved! I'm gonna attempt personals now...forgive me if I forget anyone...

Hi Bella I'm doing ok now thankyou just had a bad couple days with cramps but feeling a lot better today being in work killed me just wanted to rest but couldn't :( sorry to hear your iui didn't go as planned first time around and glad the lady had all that paperwork this time she shouldn't of messed up!! Fingers crossed for you sweetie, my otd is 18th but tbh I might hold out til the 20th same day as you I will see, least we can go through the 2ww together hey :) do you have a 2nd shot of pregnyl to take too? Hope you're feeling ok today? Xxx

Goodluck and welcome glitter.....hope Monday goes well for you when you start :) xx

Ahhh jade I'm so sorry t hear about your car crash :( I hope you wasn't hurt how awful :( how are you feeling now? Hope your ok  ^hugme^ When is your otd again? Xxx

CMJ how are you my lovely? Eeeek it's test day for you isn't it?! I have everything crossed for you send you lots of luck an bighugs and look forward to hearing your result please let it be BFP were so due one on here  ^hugme^ ^pray^ All your symptoms sound promising will be thinking if you this wkd xxxx

Hi cinnamon how are you doing hunni? Hope your iui went well yesterday? Just remember that it only takes one....I have everything crossed for you  ^pray^ Hope your feeling ok too? Xx

Aww mrsfw I'm so sorry to hear your got a bfn I'm gutted for you  :'( I hope your ok and sending you big hugs  ^hugme^ What is your next plan? Are you moving on to ivf? Xxx

Hi hopeful glad to hear your follies are behaving and playing ball this time....goodluck :)

Goodluck with your journey Sarah Lou hope your baseline scan went well an your injections :) xx

Aww jojo I'm gutted for you....so sorry to hear it was a bfn  :'( sending you big hugs too hunni I hope you're ok  ^hugme^ Xx

Hi lambie hunni how are you doing? How's your 2ww going? You sound like you have good symptoms let's hope this is your time, I have everything crossed for you really do  ^pray^ I'm feeling much better now still got the odd cramp but that's fine an it's probably the pregnyl too but think I've got over weds didn't help I had to still go into work  :'( hope the building work is going ok too?  ^hugme^ Xxx

Sorry if I've missed anyone I bet this is one mammoth post too, ope everyone has a lovely wkd xxx

#95 ·
Hi MrsA85 i know how your feeling I've had severe cramping since trigger shot 4 days ago! They got worse after insem yesterday. Woke feeling really crappy today tired and aching all over. I have a shift at work today but to be honest i would much rather stay home and be pampered by my DP :p
I only had to do one pregnyl shot. Do you have to do 2? Xxx

#96 ·
It's really not nice is it I do feel your pain :( although mine seem to of eased loads since Thursday an yesterday! Oh no do you? What do you do as your job? Can you not ring in sick? I wish I had of done now :(
Yeah I've got 2 I had the first one on Tuesday night and have to take the other one on Wednesday....do you have the pessaries too? I asked my hospital for them but they said no :( try take today as easy as you can and I hope your feeling better soon it does pass though 😘 xxx

#97 ·
Glad yours have eased off hunny, im waiting for mine to do the same. I work in a coffee shop so nothing too vigorous lol but still don't feel like going in. I'm hoping its quiet so i can come home early. Yes i have to do pesseries one in the morning and one at night. They aren't very nice at all, giving me loads of symptoms like sore boobs bloatidness cramp ect. I've also felt alot of what feels like popping in my tummy (any idea what that could be?) xx

#98 ·
MrsA85 I have to take a second Pregnyl shot on Wednesday too and like you I don't have any pessaries. Maybe it's one or the other?

Bella, sorry to hear your cramping still hasn't gone away  ^eyes^ Maybe it's a good sign??

Afm, I don't have any symptoms at all but then I don't even feel as if I'm on a proper 2ww as it didn't go so well with the sample. I feel really happy today though  :) I'm going to want to wish this two weeks away though just to get to next month and try again properly. Must have been the pressure getting to DP in the clinic yesterday as he was fine last night  ;D  ^BMS^

#99 ·
Hi Cinnamon-Im hoping its a good sign! Fingers crossed ay!! Sorry to hear your DP sample wasn't as good as it could be, my DP was exactly the same his sample doesn't prepare very well. So like you im wishing this 2ww away so we can try again, only difference is we will be going for IVF next :( hopefully we wont have to go that far :D Hope your good xxx

#100 ·
Hi Ladies,

I had 2 IUI cycles, first one with Fostimon Injections without Trigger shot natural surge BFN, this month 2nd IUI cycle with Fostimon injection with trigger shot and BFN(though got natural surge) lied as the hospital wouldn't give a trigger shot if natural Surge,

My question is this month for my 3rd IUI i tried calling the hospital and they said they are fully booked for day 3 baseline scan which is for monday and therefore wouldn't do IUI this month which is bloody annoying.

My question is why can't I have a baseline scan on day 5 and start injections on day 5, according to nurse she says it will be too late to start the injections.

If i want to go for a natural cycle(as I know I ovulate naturally) then I don't need a baseline scan, and also does hospital will give me a HCG trigger shot with natural ovulation?? Nurse said to book for day 10 Ultrasound for natural cycle.

Please let me know ladies as this is my last(3rd IUI cycle) before moving to IVF also I'm relocating to NI from London therefore have to complete this 3rd IUI cycle and start everything from scratch at NI.

Thanks
Su

#101 ·
Hi Su.

Sorry just seen this post. I would call them again first thing Monday morning as they normally do squeeze people in and over book for scans when they are needed. If they still don't allow it then I would speak to them about scanning on day 5 (Wednesday) otherwise I would put in a formal complaint. There is a lady there who handles all complaints. They should squeeze you in.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.