Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

how to deal with cycle buddies and their BFP'S?

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Dory10 
#1 ·
Me and my partner have been ttc for a year and 3 months now and i still get the dreaded "we cant do anything for you until its two years" from my doctor. Anyway during that time ive had two cycle buddies and both have become pregnant. The most recent one we became unbelievably close & yes it did hurt when she got her bfp but i supported her. But now shes distancing herself and saying i cant really help her as i have no idea as to whats going on with her and her body through pregnancy. I feel so hurt and used! How do people deal with their cb after the cb has a bfp?

#2 ·
Beffiecat

Sending hugs  ^hugme^ .  It's really difficult when cycle buddies become pregnant, you've been united in your journey and struggles and then suddenly things change.  I'm sorry your cb feels you can't support her, perhaps she is distancing herself because she feels bad that she's pregnant and doesn't want to push it in your face but the way she's explained it has given the impression she doesn't care.  It may be worth sending a message to her explaining that you may not be able to offer pregnancy advice but as a friend you'd still like to offer support and stay in touch as you've been through so much together?  If she doesn't want to then sadly there isn't much more you can do but at least you've made the effort.

Good Luck  ^reiki^

Dory
xxx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.