#2 ·
June:
Skiwizzard fet
Aster fet
Lovely meg

August:
Sasha
Eternal

Bfp's    ^banana^ ^banana^.                                          Bfn  ^hugme^

Mrs G  d/e  set  1x 5 day blast                              Tulipan eSet 5 day blast
Malwic d/e set 1x 5 day blast                              Aster eSet 5 day blast     
Emily d/e set 1x5 day                                          Shaswee
Forest d/e 2x5 day blast 
Mrs TC d/e 2x5 day blast                                 
                                                                                    ^angel^                                                                     

Due dates: ^storkboy^ (guesstimated).                              Llass
Baby G 6 June                                                      Skiwizzard
Baby m &m 15 August

Graduates:  ^babycrawl^
Stacey
Daisy dee
Elass
Firefly

#3 ·
Thanks bundles :)
Yoni if you don't go back and read the last page or so, the travel insurance for ivf is called Travel Sheild :)

#4 ·
hi everyone - thanks for all the info - well needed!  we'll look at the travel shield tonight - think we are  just being apprehensive.  Can I ask how long your husband was away for?  my husband is the same - but tbh - It has taken me 3 years from my 1st ivf and learning that I needed d/e to get my head around it!  Quite a shock!

we seem to feel that we are quite naive with the whole thing (reading books from amazon) - and not really too sure what we should be asking!

I did start taking the tablets last Tuesday - the jab was fine - slightly sore on day 2 sitting in work - and left like a large hard egg under my skin .  I had quite a bad reaction to the drugs on IVf - so really I'm quite pleased so far that it's been OK.  I suffer from high blood pressure - so, My doctor had changed my tablets last week - he also had given me folic acid to take.  I have  just bought pregnancy Vitim's to swop my regular ones for.

Just a shame that you will be there after me!

I will ask for the Valium - But I've never taken one before!

We have to travel from Belfast - so we are flying Dublin to Prague - then hire car.  My husband - thought it was too much with 2 flights incase one was delayed.  he doesn't mind driving.  we have lots of layers bought!  we are staying in the hotel - we thought it was better as we know we don't have to move.

I've been checking the weather everyday also!

we got an update last week with our donor details = I have to say they did make me smile!

#5 ·
Hi all,

Ah Yoni, it's special getting that email, glad it made you smile. Ask anything you need on here, one of us is bound to have been in your shoes and no question is a silly question. I remember getting obsessed over what to wear for transfer!

Hope everyone's doing ok xx

#6 ·
Hi Yoni, Afternoon All!
I had the exact same problem with suddenly realising I wasn't sure what on Earth I needed to be asking. Although I had a big long list of questions in my head only a few weeks before I got to Zlin for our visit!
Glad that your donor details made you smile, by my reckoning it should be pretty soon that I get the donor details through too. Malwic got hers the equivalent of this coming Friday. Yikes. It is a very strange thing to be waiting for this sort of information. I was fine about it until about 2 days ago, when I realised it was coming up soon.
Just had a look at the weather forecast and think that you may need the thermals. Dropping to -11/12 over night at the end of the month. I am going to go with LOTS of warm things cos I hate being cold.
If you have any questions, ask away as Mrs G said. One of us [probably the others who've been already] are sure to know the answers. I was most concerned initially about practicalities of getting there. I am now most worried about whether I will get an 8mm uterus lining in 3 weeks time and whether I can do anything to 'plump it up' !!!

Better go, as I should be teaching, but I seem to be getting more and more pre-occupied with my uterus!!!!!!! ;D
Hope you're all ok xx

#7 ·
Hi Yoni,

It was a very short procedure, approx 30 minutes under a short acting general anaestetic. Easy, peasy lol.

Well girls, ERPC finished, recovered well, bit of bleeding and passed a couple of clots at the hospital but back home, bright as a button and seem to have stopped bleeding. Relatively pain free too. So glad it's all over and we can move on now. Giving myself this week to relax, then it's back on slimming world and start exercising again - start with walking wee Bobgirl over the fields.

Hope everyone is good.

Xx

#8 ·
hi all - thank you all again for the info so far!!

ll - I will let my hubby know (I think he is still traumatised from the reversal a few years back!)

Emily - all very strange!!  but the details did make me smile - I have to admit all surreal up to now - the details made me realise it's only next week !  we never thought of the weather - just booked it.  Yes - it seems freezing!! I have a daily update on my phone, and probably have too many thermal vests, socks etc (however probably not enough clothes)!  Good luck with the lining - I have my scan on Thursday morning. As it has came closer I have to admit not as stressed out - our friends and family think we are just going for a holiday - I have to admit - relieved some of the pressure

thanks mrs g - and stacey!

xx

#9 ·
Good to hear from you LL. I am glad that you completed your procedure and you are recovering well.

Yoni, we are also going on "holiday" to Czech Republic. Friends and family though find strange the time of the year we chose to travel to Central Europe  ^idiot^. What car rental agency are you using? We need to rent a car for our trip in March.

#10 ·
Thanks Tullipan. Just for info, we used budget, not the cheapest but not overly expensive, decent quality cars each time. We hired an automatic car, just to allow us to concentrate on the roads a little more rather than fumbling about with a gear stick on the wrong side lol.

Xx

#11 ·
Hi ladies,

LL, welcome back  ^hugme^ What a huge event for you today, hope you're still mostly pain free. Great idea to give yourself some time off life, recovery is the thing now. Big hugs to you, LL Xx

Emily, we all obsess about the stage we're in! I remember googling ways to plump up my lining then stopped because I didn't want it too thick! I thought if it's thin at least I can bump up the tablets, but if it's too thick then that's bad news! The process takes over your life. Will you be waiting on edge on Friday for your email?

As for me, I'm slowly coming out the other side of a bit of a meltdown. I'd been getting myself worried about a few things, partly driven by everyone telling me "oooh, 19 weeks, you're almost half way there already!", and also hormones, feeling pressure to be a great mum (because surely I must be a natural if I've gone through IVF and even used an egg donor!), worried about how I'll cope as a mum, worried I'll be the same as my own mum and leave my family, worried about money, worried about the changes to come for my marriage, and feeling a bit lonely really, wishing I hadn't distanced myself so much from friends when they had babies and I couldn't, then it wasn't until I was having a cry on Mr G earlier that I realised just how much I wish I had a mum around - it really hit me. So now in that sort of shaky stage after you've had a sobbing session where you feel better but still a bit on edge. (LL, I'm not ungrateful at all, and I hope this hasn't come across as insensitive especially with everything you've gone through today, I just want to be honest about the feelings so if anyone else finds themself feeling like me they'll know it's okay.)

Off to do a bit of washing up then settle down with a nice decaff cuppa I think :)

#12 ·
Hello ladies  :) It's been a busy day, two new students in the lab and a deadline to catch. January-April is always the worst. But maybe that's good, it will hopefully keep me occupied and the time will past faster.

LL - so happy it all went smoothly. Just look after yourself now and don't overdo it, I think it's even more important than after the ET. Bobgirl looks like she can't wait for you to fulfill your promise  ;D

Yoni - it is a lot to take, especially the very idea of using DE. I do remember getting the email, my hands were shaking when i was opening it. DE is so much easier on us than OE, isn't it? Something to think of is how many embryos you'd like to transfer.

Stacey - thanks a lot for keeping n eye on the updates. Three more weeks?! Is it a summer school break right now?

MrsG - any more buys? have you decided on a pram and car seat?

Emily - if the lining is too thin they will increase the dose of estrogen for you, some ladies take at least some of it vaginally which is supposed to work better but I wouldn't do so without asking the clinic. From other things - staying warm, eating brazil nut and drinking pomegranate juice - I think these are the things I've seen ladies to mention on the boards. You should be really getting your donor info VERY soon.

Tulipan - We were on a short holiday too  ;D In Vienna  ;)

#13 ·
MrsG, sorry I missed your last post. All these worries sound very reasonable to me. Many of them are on my mind too although I'm not quite settled into this pregnancy and I still have other things to worry about first. I think you will do your best to be a great mum and tbh there is no such thing as a perfect mother. And if it is she would be rather annoying. You are very honest with who you are and what your feelings are and that's something MrG and Little Gorilla will appreciate.
You will feel much better when you see Little G again  ;D Have you thought about names?

#14 ·
Aww MrsG  ^hugme^. Relax, I don't begrudge anyone happiness, and nor do I think you're being ungrateful. I do think you're being way too hard on yourself though.
If I'm being honest, I'm a bit worried I'm taking the MC so well, I genuinely don't feel that uspet, had a good cry at the first scan, but I knew it was over then, so dunno if I've just been prepared for it, but my friend who had a chem preg a couple of years ago, came over (minus her new baby) for fear of upsetting me. I felt a bit bad that she felt she had to do it, but then she explained how she felt when she lost her pregnancy and I wonder if there is something wrong with me for not feeling so grief stricken?

Xx

#15 ·
Llass good to hear all went well and you have minimal pain/bleeding  ^hugme^
I think your probably reacting pragmatically about everything which is how I have reacted to miscarriages in the past, I've felt sorry for the baby that didn't make it etc but I couldn't change what's happened and time to move forward, there is no right or wrong way to react, and your doing exactly what's right for you.
Mrs G I'm sure everyone feels those feelings and self doubts that your feeling, what's really good is your acknowledging them and you have Mr G to talk through your worries with them, I'd be more worried  if you thought motherhood etc was a breeze and you were going to waltz through the whole thing without a problem !!
Malwic, yep summer holidays  ::)
Hi to eoe

#17 ·
Absolutely not a cretin, LL, we all deal with things the best way we can for us. I think perhaps your access to counselling services through your psych, even if you've not been recently, gives you the skills to cope a little better in stressful situations. You sound ready to think about the future, which is a BIG step in itself Xx

I'm trying to draw on my own counselling experiences at the moment to help tide me over this episode of anxiety. I know it will pass, sometimes just accepting that is half the battle, and I understand that I'm not at my absolute best because my body is under siege from hormones! I'm just going to try and go easy on myself, keep eating well, getting fresh air, try and stop thinking I have to be perfect and do everything perfectly and allow myself to be human!

How is everyone doing? Emily, Tulipan, Yoni, any niggling questions to ask? Malwic, you okay? Stacey, hope you're enjoying the holidays!

Thanks ladies for your support, as always  ^hugme^

#18 ·
It's funny, I thought I was going to be more vulnerable given my history but I do actually feel at quite an advantage.

Yes, thoughts turning to the future, but weightloss a priority for me.

Back to yummy slimming world next week.

Xx

#19 ·
Hi all,

How is everyone? Emily, any effects from the bj yet? How are you feeling about possibly receiving your donor info tomorrow? Yoni, how's it all going?

Hope everyone's okay :)

#20 ·
hi all!!

Hope everyone is doing well on this cold morning!  thank you all for the support.

I had my lining measured today - it is 7/8mm - at least something is going right!!!

thanks - but I'm not even too sure what to ask - I will probably get over there and have quite a lot to be asking then!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

#21 ·
Fab news Yoni! Another hurdle jumped, you're on your way!

#22 ·
Hi MrsG, hi all  ;D

Not much to report here, I suppose that's good  ;D I seem to have quite a bit of cramping recently, not painful but just there and noticeable. That's probably quite normal. Some clothes are getting tight! And no, no baby belly yet, the reason for it I'm eating like there is no tomorrow. It doesn't help I don't have any aversions, just the mother of all hungers. It also seems like the nausea has been going away for the last couple of days. It was pretty bad Monday night, I spent the whole night snoozing on a sofa, absolutely exhausted. But yesterday and today, not much and I even had some energy last night. When did you start feeling better MrsG? Otherwise, work got busier but I finally submitted my report last night at 10, yay! So happy I did too because now I can see their website is down and I would be stressing over it. Today is the deadline.

Really looking forward to the news from yoni, Emily and Tulipan.

Are you feeling any better MrsG?

LL, we all deal with things the best we can. There is really not much point of sulking in the past, now is time to look forward and that's exactly what you are doing. As Stacey said it looks like you are a pragmatic person and this probably helps you. What is your plan for weight loss?

Hi Kym and Stacey, hope all is well  :)

xx

#23 ·
That's great yoni, you are good to go! Now it becomes real, doesn't it?  ;D

#24 ·
Hi all,

Malwic, everything sounding good for you! I felt reliably better at around 13 weeks, up until then the sickness would taper off for a few days but then come back. Also I'd have days where I could eat everything in sight, other days not much. The tiredness was worse done days than others too, I still find the afternoons tiring! Cramping they say is normal as long as there's no blood, it's your body changing and uterus growing :)

As for me, I feel like a new woman today! It's such a relief. I'm getting anxious though for the 20 week scan which we're having at 21 weeks, so just over two weeks to go. I've felt my first movements! But they're not regular yet and I've not felt anything today so trying not to worry about that. Got an appointment with a haematologist at the end of the month about my MTHFR, Will let you know what they say :)

Right, back to work :)

#25 ·
Mrs. G will you find out gender at your next scan?

Nothing new here, I am taking my bc pills and counting days until the bj day. Will pay our deposit soon (8 weeks before the arrival).

We are reading on Prague, Budapest, Bratislava and Vienna - planning our TRUE holiday portion of the trip. Bought tickets to the "Snow Queen" ballet in Prague and planning on attending a performance in Vienna as well. Wow: hotels in Vienna are super expensive! We may need to stay away from the city center.

Have a great day everybody!

#26 ·
Gosh Tulipan time is moving quickly now for you! I think Malwic went to a show in Vienna, great that you are able to plan your holiday part of your trip.

No, we'll try and keep it a surprise whether we're having a boy or girl gorilla. We thought that, knowing as much as we have known about the whole process, it'll be nice to have a surprise :)

Malwic, forgot to mention in my earlier post, the wind doesn't get any better....you may, in fact, find yourself farting so loudly in your sleep that you wake yourself up! ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.