* Author Topic: Bourn Hall - Part 6  (Read 6511 times)

0 Members

Offline mp

modify
Re: Bourn Hall - Part 6
« Reply #100 on: 15/09/05, 06:04 »
Hi Everyone

My partner and I have our first consultation with Bourn Hall at the end of October. We have to travel from the Channel Islands which is a bit of bother, but I was more worried about the timings. I presume they don't recommend running over the Christmas period or at least finishing around that period?

Typically if we visit at the end of October what kind of dates and length of treatment (male factor icsi) could we expect?

Thanks in advance

MP

Offline Roomby

• Bourn Hall
modify
« Reply #101 on: 15/09/05, 11:17 »
Hi all,

Welcome mp. Sorry that I can't help you with dates and stuff. It all depends what treatment you need & so on. I know that waiting is the hardest part, so try not to let it get you down. Then end of October will be here before you know it. Sending  ^reiki^  ^reiki^ vibes for you.

Kez - poor, sick you! You're bound to be feeling down when you're struggling with a nasty bug. Take some time to get over it and try not to look too far ahead until you are feeling better and stronger. I know you can cope - I have absolute faith in it. However, here is a big  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ for you right now. Get better, hun, and it will all seem more doable.

Edna & Pickles - thanks for the sympathy about my journey. Edna, sorry you had it too. Travelling in to London feels a bit like Russian roulette these days, so the delays and frustrations just make it worse.

Some me news - we went for our scan today and it is not looking good. I only have 3 follies growing and they are still quite small (around 9 mm). It's my worst nightmare come true - I don't seem to be able to produce the eggs we need. We have to wait until Saturday and see how things look then. I don't want to abandon again, especially as we are funded this time, so I need a great big follie growing dance from you all. If they don't get big enough, we won't be able to go ahead at all, but if they grow then we can go ahead with those three and try not to think about how slim our chances will be. I'm feeling pretty gutted right now, but trying to keep my chin up. I'm not sure I can cope with abandoning again.  :'(. I just want my chance.

Roo
x

Offline fiona1

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
« Reply #102 on: 15/09/05, 11:22 »
Roo,

So sorry to hear your news. I don't really know what to say. Having 2 abandoned cycles this year i know how stressfull it is to gear yourself up for treatment only to have it cancelled.

Keep your chin up and good luck on Saturday.

Fiona

Offline Edna

• VIP Member Sponsor
  • Evelyn's First Set of Wheels
modify
« Reply #103 on: 15/09/05, 17:28 »
Roo,

What bad news, can they up your dose of Gonal F to help?

Sending you lots of positive  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ to get those follies back on track.

Really hoping you don't have to abandon.

lol

Edna

Offline Edna

• VIP Member Sponsor
  • Evelyn's First Set of Wheels
modify
« Reply #104 on: 15/09/05, 17:50 »
Hi there MP, welcome to the thread.

My first consultation was in early November last year and we were told we'd have to wait until at least January to start. I guess they want Christmas holidays too. After that, there shouldn't be a problem booking in your cycle.

As to length as Roo says it does vary depending on you and the protocol. I was on the long protocol and my cycle went something like this.

First day of period phoned BH to book the cycle.
Day 21 of that month started d/r using Synarel (horrible stuff but at least I got to sniff not inject)
Ten days later AF arrived followed shortly by the baseline appointment / scan.
Next day told to start stimming which in my case went on for a week.
Trigger shot to mature the eggs.
Egg Collection 36 hours later.
Embryo transfer 2 days after that.
Then the dreaded  ^2ww^.

All in all it took about 2 months but depending on your response to the drugs and timing of AF it can take more or less time as they adjust your protocol and the length of time you stimm to give you the best chance of success. This should all be covered in your initial consultation and they should give you a fact sheet (or several) to refer to which is helpful.

Best of luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Loopy, I know what you mean it can all be pretty confusing. I had a notebook with me so I could take notes and refer to them afterwards as I couldn't take everything in. Have you been issued one of their factsheets about your protocol? I found that very helpful particularly as I could then map the weeks / events onto a real calender linked to my AF cycle.

Pickles, I agree completely. I enjoy the buzz of the city but hate the journey. Not sure I'd be any happier driving though as at least with public transport I can read a book and disappear into my own little world. 

Before I go a quick "me" update. I had the 20 week scan today and delighted that all is well. Also found out that its Little Miss Small (probably), BHs run of girls seems to be continuing...so am now planning to buy some of that cute pink stuff I've been looking at.

Take care everyone.

lol

Edna

Offline Roomby

• Bourn Hall
modify
« Reply #105 on: 15/09/05, 17:53 »
Hi girls,

Fiona, thanks for your sympathy. I'm just so worried that it will never work.

Edna, I'm already on the maximum dose of Gonal F, so they can't increase it.

Still, the plan is to get three big, quality follies, have them all fertilise and put back (they've said I can have 3 put back if that's how many we get) and become pg with twins - one boy and one girl - and never have to do this again. So, it's all very simple  ^Nod^

Keep your ^fingerscrossed^ for me, please, girls.

Roo  ^idiot^

Offline Roomby

• Bourn Hall
modify
« Reply #106 on: 15/09/05, 17:55 »
Edna! Our posts crossed. That's great news. Sending  ^hugme^ to you, DH and Little Miss Small  ^pinkted^

Roo
x

Offline Mookie

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #107 on: 15/09/05, 18:49 »
Roo - Really sorry to read your post and hoping that those three follies do continue to grow so you don't have to abandon.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ Good to hear though that they will put back three embryos if that's how many you get - it only takes one remember so I will keep everything crossed for you and dh. I don't know much about the maximum doses but is there a reason they can't boost you above 450? I know on my first cycle they gave me a "booster" shot so to speak and then I reverted back to the normal dose?

Edna - congrats on your scan and Little Miss Small!  ^pinkted^ Hope that helps you and dh with picking a name!!!

Kez - sorry you've been feeling rough, big sprinkling of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ to you. Hang in there hun.

Hello to everyone else - sorry this is so short.

Mookie
xxx

Offline kez23

• Gold Member
  • My daughter Casie-Mai at 1 year
modify
« Reply #108 on: 15/09/05, 19:05 »
Hi ladies

Thank you for all your posted. I went back to work today, so not totally better but getting there.

Edna - What wonderful news mate. A little Miss Smalls  ^pinkted^. I went into Next the other day to buy my Niece some clothes, and there are some really really sweet outfits in there.

Roo - Sorry to hear you scan didn't go well mate. I really feel for you and sending you a big  ^Cuddle^. I wanted to wish you all the best of luck for Sat and here is a growing follies dance ^head spin^  ^banana^ ^reiki^  ^reiki^ ^banana^ ^head spin^

Mookie - Hope you are well. Time is going so fast for you, it doesn't seem 5 mins since you got a bfp. Soon we time to keep check on birth. How exciting.

Fiona - Yeah the B/Hall thread has had its BFP over the past few months. Lets hope we can all get there soon.

mp - Welcome to the thread. Sorry I can't help with dates as I am half NHS, half private.

Loopy - The success on this thread has been great, lets hope its us next mate.

Pickles & Tulip - Hope your both well mate and your starting to show ^pregnant^

Big hello to everyone else.

Lots of love
Kez xx

Offline mp

modify
« Reply #109 on: 16/09/05, 13:26 »
Thanks for the replies  :)

We are committed to the whole process but my partner is slightly afraid of the physical requirements on her for the ICSI including the impersonal nature of the whole process. My parts easy and as the problems stems from me I feel even more guilty.

Can anyone give us an idea on how the injections feel, the effects they may have and how you coped with the scans and procedure itself. Was anything very uncomfortable or painfull?

Any info very welcome.

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal