Not open for further replies.

Bourn Hall - Part 6

13K views 244 replies 11 participants last post by  Mookie 
#1 ·
New home.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

#52 ·
Hi Girls,

the picnic was great - a perfect day! And the weather continues.... ;D

Fiona - I'm doing short protocol, so I'm on the pill at the mo (mainly to control the timing of my next period). I'll stop next Saturday and then have AF (hopefully) with a baseline scan the following Thursday. I'll be on stimms then, to enhance my own hormone levels, with ec scheduled for about 2 weeks after.
I hope December comes around quickly for you - I agree with Edna that it seems a long time to wait and the idea of a cancellation seems good?

Pickles - hi to you. How are you getting on?

Hope all you girls are enjoying some sun and relaxation.  ^holiday^

Roo
x

#53 ·
Edna,

Glad to hear you had a good weekend, obviously my brain isn't working as my appoiuntment is on 27th sept and not 27th dec.

It still seems ages away, but we are off to Portugal on Sat for a week, then on the 23rd we celebrate our 10th anniversary. The orgional plan was to go to Maldieves and re-new our vows on the beach, but of course as you all know you can plan Jack s**t when having treatment, so that was cancelled. Instead we are going to a hotel in Kent with 20 friends to have a 'do'

We fly back to Guernsey on the Monday then back to London on the Tuesday for our consultation. As you can see from my signature we are now thinking about DIUI, we just want another child and before elliot gets too old. He will be 4 in Oct. I know lots of people on this site haven't had any children and would love to have one, but we always wanted 2 or 3 children and just don't feel our family is complete. Elliot would make such a fab big brother. Plan A is icsi, Plan B DIUI and Plan C adoption. We are very determined people and will have another child. I just don't know how many more drugs i can put into my body, we have done this 13 times now!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry about the me post. i am a bit lost as to where to post aswell at the moment as the ARGC thread is too busy and i don't know anyone on it. I will stay here for now if that's ok.

Take care all of you and keep posting

Fiona

#54 ·
Hi ladies

What a lovely sun!!!!

Edna - The party's were great thanks, and an extra bonus that the weather was nice too!! Feel a bit lost today as not much to do, apart from gardening and house work!

Fiona - Yes the time is going so slow. So I know exactly how you feel. But pleased to hear you are keeping very positive and have 3 different options if things don't work out. Wishing you loads of luck for your appointment in Sept. Your holiday sounds nice and nice to hear your wedding anniversary is near. 10 years its something to be celebrate.

Roo - Glad to hear things are moving along for you, and your not far away from EC

Pickles, Edna, Tulip, Mookie and Cassie - Hope your all enjoying the weathers and hope babies are all ok.

Lots of love
Kez xx

#55 ·
Hi ladies,

Firstly, I am so sorry for being such a rubbish poster and being so AWOL. I keep meaning to post and then don't get around to it. It's a lousy excuse/explanation I know!  :-[

Roomby - I hope you are feeling well and positive. Won't be long before your baseline is here - sending you lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Fiona - Please do stay posting on the thread, it's great to hear from you and it doesn't matter at all whether you are still at Bourn or not. You sound very pro-active and positive in your considerations for ICSI, DIUI and adoption. With such determination I am sure Elliot will have a sibling before too much longer. We looked into adoption during our 2nd cycle too.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Kez - I am glad to hear your niece's party went well. I wish I could speed up time for you and Fiona - stay positive - the time will soon pass and you'll be on your way again. Sending lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ to you and dh. The bubble madness will all soon be revealed apparently and we'll find out just what they are for on September 1st!!!

Edna - glad the weather stayed nice for your concert. What sort of music/band did you see? Hope bubs is well, have you felt any flutterings yet from Small?

Cassie, Pickles, Tulip and Selfish - hope you are all well (Cassie - I've emailed you  :) )

DH, me and bubs are well. Bubs is moving about like a good 'un now and dh has felt some kicks! She's a bit partial to rock/heavy metal music - must be the heavy bass/guitars!!! We've been working on painting what will be her room but are taking it nice and steady as we're not the best decorators. So far so good though! I'm feeling a bit of mild backache and hip pain where everything is shifting about so I might have to go get clicked back together again soon but apart from that all is well.  :)

Should we maybe think about another meet soon for a proper catch up and a natter?  ^Bubble Gum^

Lots of Love

Mookie
xxx

#56 ·
Hi folks,

Mookie, I think we all have those days when best intentions don't result in much action ;). The concert was a picnic style last night of the proms affair and was excellent. Glad that your little ladys doing well. I can't feel Small yet but am looking forward to when I can it must be very comforting. I also think a meet up would be a fab idea.

Fiona, I'm glad that its not December but as you say September is still a month away and must feel like forever. I think your plan is an excellent and is going to result in a sibling for Elliot before too long. As you say he'll make a fab big brother.

Kez, glad that the party was good. Hope you had a nice relaxing day sometimes its nice to have little planned.

Roo, great that your picnic went well. Hope you're doing fine. Not too long until you start stimms now...

Hope everyone is doing well.

lol

Edna

#57 ·
Hi ladies

Mookie - Glad to hear all is ok with you, DH and bubs. Yeah I would like another meet, as I couldn't make the last one  :( Anyone got any dates?

Edna - Yesterday was nice, doing not alot.

Hope everyone else had a nice weekend, and work today wasn't too bad.

I think my A/F has arrived at long last, so should be calling hospital tomorrow for some confirmed dates. Here we go rollercoast ride again.

Lots of love
Kez xx

P.S Mookie - the bubbles have really got me thinking. Will love to know more on 1 Sept

#59 ·
Kez,

So pleased that you can get dates agreed and get started. Fingers crossed that this is your cycle.

lol

Edna

#61 ·
Hi everyone!

Kez - glad to hear your AF has arrived  ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ and loads of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ vibes for this go!!! I have everything crossed for you hun x

Roo - sending you loads of ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ and  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ vibes too, I have everything crossed for you aswell!

Fiona - it's really good that you are sounding positive with your options, it's the only way to get through this awful time, I really hope it works out for you x

I hope everyone else is doing well!

We are fine, we had a 10 week scan last week which confirmed what Bourn said, that we were having identical twins, it was lovely to see them both wriggling away together, unfortunately they are sharing a placenta though which can lead to twin to twin tranfusion syndrome, so we are back for another scan in a few weeks and then will be scanned fortnightly from 20 weeks, so it's all a bit scary, we are really, really hoping we manage to avoid it, I think we have had enough complications to deal with!

I also have forgotten what I need to do about my Cyclogest, is 2 up until day 77 and then one a day for a week?? Can anyone remember?

Thanks

Tulip x

#62 ·
Hi everyone

Wow loads of posts from everyone since the weekend!

Tulip - love the smileys, what a lovely bright post!  Re cyclogest I did 2 until day 77 then 1 for 7 days.  Its great when they end - no more wax!!!!!!!!!!

Kez -  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ glad to hear that you are set for your cycle.  Everyone's rooting for you, fingers crossed this it your time.  ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

Roo - not long now hun until you start.  We're all with you in spirit  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^.

Mookie - good to hear from you.  Glad things are still going well.  I've been wondering if I can feel the babies moving but I'm only 15 weeks so perhaps its wishful thinking!!  Meet up sounds like a fab idea.

Hi to Edna, Cassie, Fiona and everyone

Love
Pickles

#63 ·
Hi Gals,

Kez - that's great that AF is here!!! When do you start now?

Pickles - nice to hear from you. Glad all is well with you and the twins.

Love to mookie, edna, tulip, cassie and anyone I've missed. Time for a  ^Cuddle^ everyone!

Roo
x

#64 ·
Hi ladies

Well I must admit, I am very p'ed off today.
A/F has def arrived (and I am sorry if TMI) but I'm not bleeding with clots, which I hope is a good sign and its thanks to the acupuncture I have been having!

But bad news..... as our treatment might have to be delayed. When I spoke to the nurse she said I had to come in next Thurs and pick up medication. Then I will start sniffing on 20 Sept. Then she said your HRT will start on 5 Oct, but I need to go for a scan on 3 Oct.............yes you have guessed it, of all the  ^censored^ weeks it has to be is when I am in Scotland on my hols. I am not happy. We even delayed the treatment by 1 month so this wouldn't happen!!! Anyway she said if A/F arrived before 29 Sept, then I can have scan and still start on 5 Oct, but my periods are always 30 days + and I'm 99% sure it wont arrive by then. Trouble is she said because of dates etc, it will mean E/T will be delayed by 2 weeks. So means that E/T wont be until w/c 7 Nov.  :(
She said if A/F doesn't show I have to continue sniffing until I return from hols, so I hope this wont make things go wrong for us! I am so angry with my body.

Sorry ladies for the ME, ME, ME post, but had to tell someone.

Tulip - Thank you for the wishes mate. Hope all is ok with you and babies.

Pickles - Glad to hear scan went well and babies are moving around together. I am keeping my fingers crossed that all will be fine with babies. Thank you for your wishes, means alot.

Roo - How are you getting on, have you got a date for E/T yet?

Cassie, Mookie and Edna - Hope you found it ok with the weather today?

Well better go and eat a BIG bar of choc to make me smile again

Lots of love
Kez xxx

#65 ·
Oh Kez, its so frustrating when our bodies don't cooperate ^Cuddle^. I haven't been on the short protocol but is there any chance of delaying the scan a day or two rather than putting it all off?

Tulip, glad that the twins are doing well. You'll be well monitored so fingers crossed that sharing a placenta won't be a problem. As for Cyclogest I followed the same regime as Pickles. So happy when that last pessary was used certainly not one of my favourite things. 

Hi Mookie, Cassie, Pickles and everyone else.

lol

Edna

#66 ·
Hi Edna

I asked that question and because I am due to start HRT whilst on holiday, they can't. Cause I need to scan before I can start HRT. I have appointment at hospital next Thurs, so I am hoping things will change again after speaking to her.

Hope your ok

Lots of love
Kez xx

#67 ·
#69 ·
Kez -  ^Cuddle^ really sorry to hear that your treatment schedule is all later than you thought :(.  Its so frustrating when you have mentally prepared for "going for it" and then there is a delay.  Try and stay  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ as hopefully the time will go very quickly, especially because you'll have a holiday during that time.

Love Pickles x

#70 ·
Hi girls,

Kez - poor you, it's so frustrating trying to get the dates organised and still have a life. But try not to be angry with your body - you need to be friends with your body right now. Think of it as the universe getting you all lined up for that BFP - a two week delay is nothing if it's necessary to get you the right result. I'm feeling very  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ about you, so big deep breath and go with the flow if you can. Think calming thoughts etc, and here's a big  ^hugme^ to say don't worry, Kez, it will all be alright.  ;). (on a practical note, is it possible to have your scan in Scotland somewhere? You'd probably have to pay to have it done, but there's sure to be a clinic somewhere that you could go to?)

As for me, I take my last pill tomorrow, which is supposed to mean that AF comes before my baseline scan on Thursday. Fingers crossed, please, everyone!

Roo
x

#71 ·
Hi there guys,

Roo, all fingers and other digits crossed for you  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Hun, thanks for the heads up. I'm seeing my Mum or would join you. Let us know when the next meet up is.

Kez, hope you're feeling OK today.

Pickles, Mookie, Cassie, Tulip, trust everythings fine for you.

Catch up with you all later.

lol

Edna

#72 ·
Hi ladies

Thank you for all your nice words, it means alot.

Roo - Me and DH have decided that an extra 2 weeks isn't going to kill us, so we are going to do that. Starting to get excited about it all, not really sure why at the moment. All the best for Thursday mate. I really hope that last pill does the trick and your A/F arrives before baseline.

Edna - Hi, I am fine thanks. You? Was naughtly last night and went out clubbing. It was a great laugh, so now that is all out of my system, its straight ahead with the tx.

Pickles - Hope you are well. Your right the time will go fast, specially with our hols. Just can't wait to get away from home and work for a while.

Hello to everyone else. Have you got anything nice planned for the weekend?? I have Monday off so an extra long one again for me  ;D

Lots of love
Kez xx

#73 ·
Hi there folks.

Looks like its going to be another lovely weekend.

DHs aunt had a 60th birthday cum retirement party today on a boat cruising up the Thames which was a fantastic way to relax and enjoy the sunshine.

Hope you're all having a good time (Kez I'm sure clubbing isn't banned even during a transfer it just may be a little dry).

Catch up with you all later.

lol

Edna

#74 ·
Hi ladies

Hope your all ok and enjoying the lovely  ^sunny^. Today you can really believe its September.

I haven't really been up to much, just sat outside and watched footie.

Edna - Sounds like your DH aunts party was nice, glad the weather was ok. Makes it so much nicer.

Roo - Hope A/F has shown so you can have baseline scan

Mookie and Cassie - Hope your both ok.

Tulip and Pickles - Big hellos to you both. Hope all is ok

Fiona - Nearly time for your appointment hun

Hello to everyone else, so sorry if I have missed anyone off.

Lots of love
Kez xx

#76 ·
Hi folks,

Kez I don't think we have a date yet. October could be good but we're planning to be away at the end of the month so may not be able to make it if we hold it then.

Hope everythings going well with you.

Roo, how are things? Still on for your scan on Thursday?

Hope everyone else is well.

lol

Edna

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.