Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

BCRM Current Cyclers 2016

77K views 1K replies 38 participants last post by  Amy76 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Morning ladies,

Really quick question i'm afraid. Day 3 of stimms today and feeling very very dizzy. Also very tired but it's the dizzyness which worries me as i'm epileptic. Is this a side effect of stimming with Menopur??

#3 ·
I never had that make a wish. I'd ring BCRM and see what they say xx

#5 ·
Hi everyone,

I had my scan this morning. Lining is ready to go so ET is booked in for Wednesday. No more nasal spray  ;D BCRM were really flexible too. Originally they said Thursday but as I'm working I asked if it could be Wed or Fri instead. They don't like to book the flexible ones in for Friday but agreed to Wed. So much more relaxed and I don't have to bother telling work so I can keep the people who know down to a minimum. Doesn't really seem real though. Not like a fresh cycle.

Kimmibobs how was injecting at the theatre? You're a brave woman  :)

Optimistic what time was your scan today (and how did it go)? I was in at 7.45 I'm guessing you are/were later on living further away.

Hopeful did you ring Mrs G?

Tiffin any news on appt dates yet?

Hello to everyone else xxx

#6 ·
Thank you for all your messages of support. Still feels so raw. Crying seems to just creep up on me. Back to work tomorrow so hopefully I'll hold it together.
Can I ask a question.... After a bfn when can I expect my period to appear? I know everyone's different but I think I need it to happen to help me get over and move on.

Good luck and hugs to everyone xx

#7 ·
Mine arrived the day after OTD LG but I think that's quite quick. It's good to cry and release the emotions. Hopefully work will take your mind off it a little tomorrow.

Good work on your lining Wolfie. Exciting stuff for ET on Wednesday! The BCRM sounded great with their flexibility. Glad you've found this to be a lot more relaxed, that can only be a good thing! Thanks for asking but no news on appointment date. Mrs AF's secretary replied saying she's put my query to Mrs G and will reply when she gets a response, so hopefully that will be soon.

Did you get hold of the clinic make a wish? Hope you're feeling ok.

Hello to everyone else, hope you're doing ok. x

#8 ·
Tiffin, wolfie, floozie: thanks for the advice. Phoned and spoke to the nurses, they reckon the dizzyness is buserelin related and not menopur related, so with any luck should improve the more I stim. Strange that today was my first dizzy day though even though I've been down-regging for over 2 weeks now!! Up until now just had tiredness, headaches and moodiness.

LG81: It's ok to cry, better to be true to your feelings than bottle them up!! Hopefully work will help to keep your mind off it xx

AFM: tonight after I injected a couple of drops of menopur seemed to leak back out of the injection site. Not too worried, but ideally don't want it to happen again..has anyone else had this?? Also, even using the vial snappers, is there any way to snap the solvent vial withough shattering it?? I've followed the instructions but still the glass in the neck of the vial shatters!!

#10 ·
Hi all, welcome DeepThinker. This is a lovely forum with lots of support.

Injecting at the theatre was interesting! I shattered the top of the glass vial and lost some of the liquid whilst cutting my finger, so not ideal! But managed to do the mixing ok and didn't get too flustered. Finally managed to not shatter my first vial tonight, hooray! Helpful video at

Hope your dizziness goes soon makeawish!!

Hope your scan was ok Optimistic.

Wolfie that's great news, good luck for Wednesday!!!

LG - still thinking of you ^hugme^

/links

#11 ·
Thanks kimmibobs.

My background: I got diagnosed with PCOS over 10 years ago and have been on the pill ever since. We started TTC 8 months ago and the GP - because of my existing diagnosis = referred me straight away for fertility help. My PCOS can be quite bad, have gone for up to 18 months in the past without a period so I've always known I'd need some fertility treatment when the time came, and we were told by the GP to expect clomid to help stimulate my cycle. But we had our consultation last week and found out two things: One, that my AMH is super high (171) which puts me at major risk of OHSS. Two, that my husband as male factor fertility issues. So, they are skipping all of the middle treatment and sending us straight for ICSI. Going from starting to TTC to ICSI in 8 months! It has happened all so quickly. I'm now on metformin and awaiting our patient information meeting (in a few weeks).

Can anyone tell me, do we get to choose when to start treatment after the PIM meeting or does it have to proceed immediately? I am NHS funded. The reason I ask is that between now and May I have the busiest time ever, with lots of critical stuff at work, exams (I am studying part time) and several weddings I am meant to be going to. Ideally I'd like to wait a few weeks before starting so that I am less stressed and can commit fully to the cycles when it all begins (things go from mega busy to nice and quiet after the second week of May) but I don't know if I will be able to delay things once we have the PIM? I just don't know what to expect and I am still getting used to the idea that I have to have the treatment, anyway!

It is so scary and it is really interesting reading about all your experiences and realising that there are others out there going through it all too

#12 ·
Welcome DeepThinker! You can absolutely delay the start of your treatment, there is no pressure. The clinic just need to tick off that you've been to the PIM (also it is quite useful/interesting!). Whichever cycle you decide to start on, you'll need to call the number they give you when your period starts so that they can book you in for a planning appt with a nurse and get your drugs sorted. Will you be doing a short protocol?

Kimmibobs, well done for stating calm during your theatre experience! Very brave

Makeawish, hope your dizziness is easing a bit. My husband did all my drug prep for me so not 100% sure about the solution vials but he tells me he just snapped the top off with his fingers. He also says you need to put the needle down to the hilt otherwise you can get some liquid flowing back - not sure if that's helpful at all but thought I'd pass across just in case!!

Great news you're ready to go Wolfie! Must feel so weird after a fresh cycle. I called and left a message with Mrs G but haven't heard back yet. Hopefully she'll call soon.

Hope you get to get moving soon Tiffin

I hope work goes ok tomorrow LG81. Thinking of you

Hi to everyone else

#13 ·
Thanks BCRM hopeful. Thats good to hear, yes I am on short protocol. I will need drugs to kick start my cycle first though, and apparently because of my AMH levels this could take a bit of trial and error as they can only give me really low doses to prevent hyper stimulation. Perhaps I will speak to someone at the PIM and ask if I can wait a few weeks to start on these.

Looking forward to reading more about everyone else's journey :)

#14 ·
Deepthinker, welcome to the forum, everyone here is lovely and friendly. As Brcm hopeful says, once you've had your PIM you can let them know when you are ready to start. I couldn't start for a whle after mine due the Xmas shutdown.

Kimmibobs, well done for managing the theatre injections, sound like a bit of nightmare to me! I was lucky having gonal f on my first cycle which is a prefilled pen so ready easy to use but hopefully will have NHS funding for my next cycle so will be on menopur which I am not looking forward to.

LG81, my period started 3 days after I stopped the pesseries. Hope work isn't too hard for you tomorrow, if you need more time I'm sure you could get signed off. Take care xx

BCRM Hopeful. I am sorry about your AMH result. I am not sure why it would go down so much, am I correct that you only had one ovary operated on? Mine is low at 4.9 too but that even my good ovary only made 3 eggs so I think that my body is just old for my age. Is it at all possible that when your body recovers a bit more from the surgery that your ovaries wil start making more follicles?

Make a wish- Hope that you feel better soon, the dizziness does not sound good , sorry I can't help with vials as I had gonal f pens on my cycle.

Optimistic, how did your scan go today?

Hope eveyone else is well.

My doctors appoinment went well. Doctor knew what forms needed doing and got them done. He was sympathetic about my failed cycle and said he though that everyone should get 3 goes on the NHS. So hopefully everything wil be sorted with the funding and I will be able get started in the next couple of months.

xx

Wolfie- Exiting that you wil be having ET soon

#15 ·
Brambles99, what region are you in, I am Wiltshire and I believe we get 3 goes. I didn't realise you need to go back to the GP again for another referral if the cycle doesn't work. I think I'll just focus on this cycle to start with - i'll worry about what happens next if/when I need to worry about it! There is just so much to take in!

#16 ·
Deepthinker. I am in Bristol where we only get one go. We self funded our first go but are now hopefully eligible for NHS funding. That is really good that you get 3 goes on the Nhs takes off the pressure a bit, I wouldn't imagine you'd need to apply for finding more than once xx

#17 ·
Morning everyone ...
Hope you're all ok ..
Hope you all enjoy the meet up tomorrow to who's going .. Sorry again I can't be there 🌻
Afm.. Ec for me on Monday, last day of drugs today ..
Can't believe it's nearly crunch time 🙏
I have quite a few at 14/16/17/18/20/22/27 a huge be at 27 eheh some small ones behind .. I still had injections tonight /last night and booster ovitrelle it'll be huge heheh
It grew from 19 to 27 in 2 days ..
Booked hotel for tomorrow night less pressure to get up there 0730 ..
Been pre warned again as the right ovary has been so high up this time after ec I'm going to be suffering .. This happened 1st time .

Lg81 thinking of you not an easy time for u xx

Hey floozie ..I wonder why the traffic was so bad the other day .. Sorry u was late.
Glad u get good results from reflexology , something I've never tried I'm a bit sensitive when it comes to feet , very ticklish ..

Make a wish hope your ok sorry to hear if your dizzy spells .. Hopefully it'll pass, I'm on a different medication. We all react differently to the meds .. With lots of the meds there seems a general consensus about being tired, less energy, lethargic.Hopefully the nurses was able to sort it for u .. Good luck with your stimms .. Not far from scan x

Hey wolfie .. That's fab your booked in for on transfer good luck for Wednesday ..
Glad they was able to be flexible with u makes it easier for u xx

Hey deep thinker welcome .. Good luck with your new journey .. Your in good hands at bcrm , we are a nice friendly Bunch in here , we are all here for u ..
In some ways it's good you've been fast tracked in that time .. It took us years to get answers from nhs .. As in our area the criteria Is only one cycle ,also bmi is based on both people of the couple in the criteria .. In which years later we are self funding all our 3 Isci cycles X

Hey tiffin how are u doing ? Any news on your op , was you able to speak to the gp X

That's great news about things moving forward brambles ..

Hey Disney who are u doing ? How was the appointment ?

Hey everyone else ..  Hope yOur all well

I see we moved also xx

#18 ·
Hope all goes well on Monday, Optimistic 13. Looking forward to hearing how you get on. 7.30 is an early start, the hotel sounds like a good idea and should make it all a bit less stressful for you

Today I got a copy of the letter that the clinic sent to my GP, and it said my endometrium thickness was 6.7 - does anyone know anything about this and what is normal? I looked online and it seems that this might be a little low. I guess this is all things they can try and sort out as part of the treatment. All this new terminology and numbers is taking me a while to get used to!

#19 ·
Hi everyone,

Sorry - quick one from me because I've been so busy! I'll catch up with everyone properly in the next few days. Hope you're all well!

Good luck optimistic! I'll be thinking of you!! Ps thanks for asking - appointment this Monday coming x

LG - hope you're holding up ok. I've been thinking of you. No harm in calling in sick for a few extra days yo loom after yourself xx

Welcome deep thinker and good luck with your next cycle.  I think 6.7 is ok - my first cycle was a successful one (although ended in MC at 12weeks - and I've been told v u likely to be related to lining issues) and my lining was 6.9. It can be thinner for some people and that's their norm... Worth questioning to put your mind at rest though but good to know pregnancy can be acheived. Did they mention it at your follow up?

Hello to everyone else xxx

#20 ·
Morning ladies!!

Deep thinker: My lining was about that when I was referred I think, I wouldn't worry too much though as the medications will change it all anyway!!

AFM: random question..i am STILL bleeding from norithisterone, day 8 of my bleed today and day 5 of stimms...is this ok?? I know they said the bleed may be different to usual but surely it needs to stop before my 8 day scan on weds???? I feel so clueless, if anyone can shed any light please do!!  :-\

#21 ·
Hi makeawish, my bleed was very heavy days 1-3 then tailed off, but lasted a good 8 days, which is long for me. I'm sure yours will be stopped by Weds. Lots of cramping this morning, like AF is about to start. Hoping this is normal!!!

Good luck on Monday Optimistic!!

#22 ·
Kimmibobs: My bleed seemed to stop on day 4, but now each day keep getting very light bleeding. Hopefully it will stop soon!! As for cramping, I've had a little the last couple of days, also lower back ache and a little lower abdominal bloating. Assuming it's due to Stimming!! Also I seem to have massive urges to bake and generally 'nest' the last couple of days..very strange, again putting it down to the menopur.

#23 ·
Hey all sorry for no personals I will catch up after egg collection ..
Egg collection In the morning .. Feeling a bit apprehensive but nothing I haven't felt each time..
Hoping to get some good ones tomorrow .. Our last shot at this
Thanku for your wishes. X X x🙏🙏🙏🍀🍀🍀

Hope everyone that's gone for the catch up today enjoyed themselves 🍰

#24 ·
Optimistic: good luck tomorrow, sending positive thoughts your way!!! Xx

#25 ·
Best of luck for tomorrow Optimistic.

Make a wish, I was bleeding for ages on my last round too. It only just stopped in time for my first scan!

Welcome DeepThinker & good luck. I'm in Somerset where we get 2 funded rounds & for us they authorised 2 rounds from the start so we didn't need to go back to sort funding again. Fingers crossed you'll never need to find out but if you do, BCRM will tell you (it's worth asking rather than waiting for them to say as they can be a bit rubbish on admin sometimes).

For the saline vials for injections, there's a little groove in the neck of the bottle. If you put the plastic breaker thing on & push away from the groove, they break cleanly  :)

#26 ·
Hi All,
this is my first time posting on here (although I have been keeping an eye on the thread for the past few months).
We had our first round of ICSI in November. Everything seemed to go fairly well in terms of drugs etc. but sadly, it didn't work. Having decided to try egg sharing, I have a long awaited consultation at the end of the week and hope to start again in mid April.
I've really appreciated reading all of your journeys to date and hope that I'll be able to share some of my 'next chapter' too.
Best of luck everyone x

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.