Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

GENNET - Cycle Buddies Part 10

72K views 986 replies 45 participants last post by  bundles 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Aandl, it is still early, says me who's panicking that my tests aren't getting any darker on day 6! Try a first response maybe? X

#3 ·
Cornish - thanks for the info on their email system changes. I forwarded my previous email to them yesterday before we got your message, and I didn't get the automatic reply so was starting to worry, so thank you!

Aandi - I hope your tests are showing BFPs and not the booster. Fx for you!

Katkat - hope you enjoy your 2 week business trip.... Where have you gone?

Ivfjean - you're very brave testing out the booster injections. I really don't think I could do that! Btw, I think headaches (although migraine isn't great) are a good sign... Hope you get your BFP in a few days. x

Thisistheyear - hello! Good luck with your cycle for July. Fx it works for you. Mindfulness is supposed to be good for relaxation/stress/anxiety, although I haven't tried it myself but keep meaning to!

Bubba - your HCG levels are sounding great! Hurrah! Might be worth checking with Gennet about your progesterone levels. I know City Fertility in London have been wanting ladies to get their progesterone levels a bit higher than was previously recommended, but not sure what Gennet's position is on this.

Afm, got my final protocol through this morning. It all looks ok, although they've got me starting Clexane 18 days before ET and I usually start it when I start taking progesterone (so 5 days before). Can anyone else who's had Clexane in their protocol tell me when they've started taking it?? And I assume Estradiol or Estrofem is the same as Progynova? Sorting out the drugs is the bit I don't like!

Hi to everyone. Hope you all have a good day!
xx

#4 ·
Congratulations on great numbers Bubba.

Peggy: I got my protocol for the ERA test and it included Estrofem but I have quite a few boxes of Cyclacur (which I think is the same as prognynova) at home so asked if I could use those instead. I am still waiting for reply but can let you know once I hear something.

#5 ·
With apologies to anyone I miss as I'm struggling to read back....

AandI I hope it isn't just the booster and the line starts to get darker again. It messes with your head so much doesn't it!

Ivfjean, anniversaries are hard. A photo popped up on ******** earlier this week which I know was taken just after egg collection on the cycle I got a short lived bfp which also got me thinking. I agree you are brave testing out the boosters. I'm in the head in the sand for as long as possible camp!

Bubba, fab news on the numbers. Here's to a smooth and stress free 9 months ahead.

Peggy, I've got clexane from day 1 of my cycle on my protocol too. I thought this seemed earlier than I'd read elsewhere but when I spoke to Tereza yesterday she was happy with it. As I have lining issues I wonder if starting it early might help with that? I can but hope! Yes, I think extradiol is the same, I'm planning on finishing the half pack of progynova I have before I start the new drugs. You can tell I used to run a shop, everything has to be date rotated!

Chai, I hope you are ok.

Our Prague trip went well, I'm so glad I went over and saw the clinic etc before transfer day. I'm a bit funny about knowing where places are etc so it should hopefully make the whole thing much easier. The other halfs contribution has also been deemed suitable for fertilisation too which is one less thing to worry about. Not that we expected it to be a problem, but always good to tick something off. We also treated it as a bit of a holiday so enjoyed a few beers and too much food. We did walk miles (about 10 a day I think) though, so I don't feel too bad about it. The only minor drama was that I hadn't realised how big the clexane boxes are though, it was a challenge packing to come home!

Decidedly sleepy now though and have 2 grumpy cats demanding attention.

#6 ·
Juju, thank you so much for your reply! Such a minefield and stressfull that we have to make all these decisions ourselves!

Bubba, what wonderful news to wake up to! Congratulations confirmed then! The numbers are great. As the girls have said just CF wanted to see around 100 but from what I've read you're right that over 35 is supposed to be fine. When you ovulate normally some have a positive ovulation test and then 7 days later any lh over 15 shows ovulation so surely over 50 should be really good.

Peggy, I am in the US now and just got up :)  I really don't understand why Gennet not automatically error Progynova on it when they know your from the UK - that's the equivalent here. So I had Gennet re-weite my prescription. I've only ever taken clexane after ec. So in your case that would be 5 days before et. Maybe it's different if you do de or get?

Good luck ivf Jean and aandl!

#7 ·
Hello. Thanks for your replies ladies!

Katkat - my friend has just gone over to NY with work. Hope you can have some fun while you're there! I googled Estrofem, and estradiol and came to the conclusion that Progynova would be ok, but its good to have someone say its the same! Thanks to Cornish and Jenso as well.  :-*

Cornish, I'm confused about Clexane. I've never had problems with my lining, and on both cycles using City Fertility I started Clexane either on the day after my EC or the day of DE collection, so its weird to start so early. I've got 11 syringes leftover and so I'm short by 5... not sure what to do as I'm trying to save money, so will get some of the drugs here and some in Prague - the injectable progesterone is a million times cheaper over there! I'm 2 days short on injectable progesterone but have a brand new box of Utrogestan so not sure whether to use that as well before getting more of the injectable stuff in Prague.

This is all giving me a headache!

Ivfjean - I think it was you asking about Duphaston? Did you get your over here in the end or in Prague? And I echo Cornish about anniversaries. I remember the due dates from both of my miscarriages....... Hopefully we'll all have good anniversaries soon.

I think I need a lie down....

#8 ·
Hahaha Peggy,  it's all very confusing. Well, I shouldn't  say it but I just split the clexane when I ran out and gave myself half the dosage the one and the other half the next day.  Yup, same needle. Didn't kill me, have done it twice now as was told to take 0.2 clexane which costs almost as much as 0.4 clexane. I just wiped it with sterile wipes  ^idiot^ (and only the second time when I read that someone else has done so; I also didn't have enough sterile wipes either  ;D ) I think 6 cycles have me improvise a lot!

Am further south (Deep South), with 33c and 92% humidity! Although it is freezing inside this hotel am at. I will have fun and I will even have a couple if beers while listening to local music aka country, western, blues and jazz  ;D  would love to go to NYC,  last time was when I was 20! 20 years ago!

#9 ·
Deep South Kat?! Blimey, what's your job?! Warm and humid, yikes  :eek: Going out sounds like it'll be good. Enjoy yourself! Those Clexane needles seem a bit blunt already (ouch) but maybe I'll give what you've done a whirl. I think I might give myself a super load of Utrogestan and start injecting just before I go over there and then stock up. I'm going to jump on the tube tomorrow or Thurs and go to Ali's in Shadwell and show them what I need and see what the cost will be. Would rather have a chat face to face so I know what I'm doing!

Last time I was in NY was 1999. I need to get there again soon!

Make sure you don't come back with a southern drawl and backing Donald Trump!

#10 ·
Does anyone know if Gennet's price list in GBP is likely to change if the pound drops against the euro does that not affect it? 

#11 ·
Ooh Kat that sounds fab. I think the most glam place I'm going for work this year is Glasgow  ;D. I also love your improvisation.

Jenso I think they use a fixed exchange rate, but if it all goes bananas after the referendum I guess they may revisit that. I suspect they have some flex built in though.

Peggy, if you do ask about why you're starting clexane so early I'd be really interested to hear the answer. I've not used it before so didn't really question it but I am now.

#12 ·
Jenso, I've seen the prices change regularly over the lats 1.5 years so with an 'out' am sure they will get more expensive in gbp.

Cornish,  I love Glasgow, I really do! And you can do great trips from there to the lochs.

Peggy, that would be a funny accent -German-English with a Southern drawl! Working in travel so here to check out hotels in the region and attend a trade show. So if you don't here from me again then I've probably not made it to Nashville today. I really thought I won't have any time for this forum but seems I have even more time now that I am on my own. Emoticons don't work here so imagine a laughing face

#13 ·
I've just realised I probably won't be testing out the booster just hoping it gets darker as I'm 6dp5dt today so should be showing positive soon, hopefully!

Last booster is tonight

X

#14 ·
Hello lovely ladies!
I haven't posted in a while, but kept reading your messages and your stories.
Not much to say about me, except that I am about to start all over again he he... ^pray^

I have emailed Gennet to book a slot for preop scan/tests/collect meds. I will fly over and back in a day, as per lovely Kat's recommendation:). It is way cheaper than doing them here + buying the drugs. And all in all less stressful as I will do everything in one go rather than having to book separate appointments, look for drugs, translate prescriptions and all the fuff that this implies. Fingers crossed!
After that I am pretty much on track for an end of July EC. It will probably be a Saturday, but I noticed they upped my meds, so perhaps it might be a Friday. Never mind:).

On this subject, do you know if City Fertility gives scans on Saturdays? I think my first scan will have to be a Saturday.

My OH has seen Mr Ramsay a number of times already but unfortunately we don't know yet the cause of the problem. We managed to find a way to get to ICSI and possibly PICSI without too much trouble (short wait between samples, so possibly two samples left on day of EC). But other than that it's difficult to get his total count up. Mobility has greatly improved for the few normal swimmers, but they are not a lot let's say. The infection is still there and survived to the antibiotics, so there is kind of nothing to do but to keep it under control. And we could not do the dna test on the swimmers as they were too few. We will try again before this cycle anyway. If we find out they are ill we might have to go for a donor.
Honestly this is not what we want to hear, so we will 99% go again for our own eggs/sperm, hoping that by providing better quality sample will make the difference (in the end, for the last 4 cycles it was one sample only, and about 5 days old).

#15 ·
Girls I'm sorry to bring down the mood but I'm in a heap here.

I am 11dp3dt (FET) and 6 days since last 1500iu.

I test VERY faint positive with boots strip on evening of 9dp3dt .

on morning of 10dp3dt I got a darker line on same test.

This morning 11dp3dt I got same shade line on same test.

I am now all out of these tests so went to poundland and bought FIRSTVUE. 3 for €1.50.

i took it this evening and it's negative. I could convince myself there is a faint but my OH can't see it. I can't actually see it now.

I can't breathe
I have FRER but don't want to take them in case they pick up booster.

#16 ·
Aadl-wait and test only with the first urine of the morning when the hcg is concentrated. i did a clear blue first thing in the am sat and the line come up straight away. later that day, just to be a weirdo and the desire to see the line come up again, i did another clear blue---this time no line appeared...maybe a faint one if i really wished it. Please wait till tomorrow and try again. And really blood test is the best and most reliable.
Sending you a big hug.

#17 ·
Hi. Quick reply for Aandi. Try and stay calm. If there was a line this morning, try and keep positive sweetheart. Wee in the evening will be v diluted, and all these tests detect different levels of hcg. Just leave it for now and test again in the morning. That's all you can do. There's a good chance it's all ok. Try and distract yourself this evening as much as possible. Huge hugs. This is very difficult and we all understand what you're going through.  ^hugme^

Hi Barlume! I'll catch up properly tomorrow. X

Katkat - you're going to come back with a v weird accent! Love the sound of your job, although I suppose there are downsides.... Are there??

Ivfjean - I've got everything crossed for you.

Cornish - I'll see what I can find out about Ckexane, but I might just eek out what I've got left.

Xx

#18 ·
Thanks girls, I'm feeling a bit down.

Going through the that phase of will it work? With my last bfp I didn't think any of this and when I did I stopped myself and said it has worked but I can't seem to do it this time, I'm having cramps and I always get the the week before AF is due.

I took a hpt when I got home and the hcg had gone but I got down about it and wished there was a faint line as my tests should be getting darker if it's worked, I got my bfp at 8pd3dt last time so today should of been the day  :'(

Apples and northern I have sent your needles today, I wanted to put a little good luck card on for you but I got interrupted and took longer than I though and o was on my lunch, sorry.

Sorry for waffling! X

#20 ·
Aandl and ivfjean try not to worry - its still early and you're bound to get a different result with different/cheap tests and testing later in the day. Hold out as long as you can and then confirm it all with bloods on otd!
Thinking of you both xxx

#21 ·
thanks ladies , so i tested this morning with a FRER and it was faint but there line. I know at 12dp3dt it should be a lot darker.

#22 ·
Aandi at least it was a line, and hopefully it will get darker. Ivfjean, I hope you get your line back today, I think hcg levels can vary by pregnancy so maybe you aren't out just yet as it is still early even if you did have a faint positive at this stage before. Fingers crossed and hugs for both of you in this horrible stressful time x

#23 ·
Thanks Cornish, trying to stay positive and stopping googling and comparing pics!

#24 ·
aandl-like said before everyone has different levels...a friend was telling me she had 800 with her twins while in one of my pregnsmcies i was at 3000.  i d reallt just go for a beta as soon as you can. i do think that the fact there is a line is great and pretty sure the booster must be out. please keep us posted-thinking of you.
ivf jean- when is your beta day? thinking of you too.
peggy- my de cycle in Spain clexane was only from cd1but on this one it was only going to be from transfer but because my esyrogen use went so high started it early. i don't think it could dp anything but help...except your wallet..funny how i was finding it quite painless and easy up to about 5 days ago.

kat-enjoy yourself!

afm second beta today. Hopefully results by the end of the day.  tbh being very cautious about being happy...lot of heartache to ovrrcpme as sp many of us unfortunately understand.

#25 ·
Aandi, a line is a line, and that's great! I think you need to get your beta as soon as possible so you know for sure what your levels are and you can check that they're rising. I'm pretty sure it's not the booster.

Bubba - good luck with your second beta today. Fingers crossed the level is rising nicely! Let us know later. Interesting what you said about Clexane. I think I'm going to stop them a line and ask, as they don't know what my oestrogen levels are and haven't asked for them to be checked, so I still can't work out why it needs to be from CD1, although I suppose they know what they're doing!

How you doing ivfjean?

Hi to everyone else.
xx

#26 ·
Bubba: Good luck with beta today.

Aandi: it is so difficult with the different hpt so if you are able to perhaps the best idea would be to do a blood test.

Unfortunately I couldn't use the boxes I had for Cyclacur for ERA so I need to buy four boxes of estrodiol for this cycle and then get everything for the treatment when I am out there. Does anyone have any ideas for the most cost effective way of buying a small quantity? (I live in London)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.