* Author Topic: BFP Due a Date May / June 2017  (Read 23367 times)

0 Members

Offline Mylittlepink

• Gold Member
modify
BFP Due a Date May / June 2017
« Reply #300 on: 16/02/17, 21:05 »
Angel are yours boy girl too?   And wow lots of twins on our thread xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Kaz1980

modify
    « Reply #301 on: 16/02/17, 22:07 »
    It sounds like they're monitoring you well MLP so that's great. It's in my notes that I'll be tested for diabetes i think at 26 weeks as my dad has borderline diabetes. I'd actually forgotten about that. My cervix was measured at 3cm as well and they seemed happy with that.

24 week scan next Friday so hoping they're doing well.

So lovely to hear about all the twins.

Offline Angel75

modify
    « Reply #302 on: 16/02/17, 22:24 »
    Mylittlepink....yess boy and girl 😍😍🤗🤗😍...i have twins boy and girl 5 years old so is gona be a nice team🙄🙄🙄

Offline Angel75

modify
    « Reply #303 on: 16/02/17, 22:26 »
    Mylittlepink....yess boy and girl 😍😍🤗🤗😍...i have twins boy and girl 5 years old so is gona be a nice team🙄🙄🙄

Offline Lusitano

modify
    « Reply #304 on: 17/02/17, 15:53 »
    Hi ladies. Glad to see everyone is getting on okay & congrats to those who know what flavour they're having!  ;D
    I'm not finishing work until the last possible moment as I'm a Company Director & have nobody to do my job when I'm off. With my last birth, I attended a meeting on the afternoon after I gave birth in the morning! :o

I've been on a bit of a shopping spree this week. I've purchased my Bugaboo Twin, car seats & cot bed. It's all gone into storage, so not actually in the house. Not that I'm superstitious! Que sera is my motto.

I think most ladies on here are due well before me? My official date just about sneaks into this thread, but according to my consultant I will be offered induction at 38 weeks. Is that the norm for twin pregnancies? Or is it because I'm an 'older' mum?  ::) I've always had natural births, so the idea of induction scares me to death!
    I suppose if I can avoid a section though I'll be happy.
    Can't wait until my next scan at 28 weeks. But I have my 24 hour cardiac appointment before then. I'm sure time will fly!

Offline stelmat

modify
    « Reply #305 on: 17/02/17, 20:40 »
    Hello all, glad everyone is well :)

I'm now 29 weeks and time seems to be flying by.  Is anyone else still unable to think that this is actually going to end in a baby?  I'm loving being pregnant and feeling little one move about but I haven't made the connection that this is a baby yet, which sounds ridiculous!

Re mat leave I've given my official date as my due date, mainly as it is easier to bring it forward than to push it back.  My work is very easy going and informal about this sort of thing anyway (there are only 4 of us, one has booked holiday the week before I'm due and another has booked holiday two weeks before I'm due.  The other two are myself and my husband so that could be interesting as I am high risk to be early!).

Offline Abi07

modify
    « Reply #306 on: 18/02/17, 06:34 »
    Morning All,

Great to read your progress.
    Im almost 23 weeks now, and baby is a right little wriggler, even as I sit here typing he/she is all over the place!
    Stelmat, like you i'm finding it hard to connect this moving thing and big tummy as a baby, and I don't think it will really sink in until he/she has arrived. I'm convinced its a boy, and OH says its a girl.
    So excited to finish work and have a lovely summer with our little one - it just seems so unreal.
    Im due on 19th June and beginning mat leave on 19th May (with the first 2weeks being holiday.) I've only just realised that I am entitled to a full years holiday leave before my mat leave starts, so that was bloody brilliant.
    1 week in March, 1 week in April and 2 in May. Wahooooo!!
    We've now bought a few bits n bobs, but still lots to get. I'm planning on breastfeeding, but realise I still need to buy bottles, steriliser, milk etc just in case.
    We're off for a weekend away today, and planning on buying our first baby outfit, but feel like a kidder tbh, its very weird actually excepting that I can now!! Excited isn't the word xxx

Have a lovely weekend you yummy mummies xx

Offline Kep11

modify
    « Reply #307 on: 18/02/17, 16:14 »
    Wow - flurry of activity here in past few days! So glad to hear everyone is doing well. I'm finishing work on 16th march - I have 5 wks of annual leave so that plus the Easter break takes me to Mat leave starting 4th may just b4 my due date. I'm fully expecting baby to come early so I'm determined to get time to put my feet up this time round!

My 28 wk scan was on thurs and baby is measuring at the top end of normal for my height/weight. Thankfully my placenta isn't particularly low lying now either - just need her to turn head down and we may be all set for a natural birth this time! She's very very wriggly, much more than my eldest was, so I'm sure with some coaxing via special poses I can get her out of breech position!!!

Offline Squiggly

• Joy is contagious!
    modify
    « Reply #308 on: 20/02/17, 00:27 »
    Oh man, it's so hard to keep up with the posts on here. I'd have to be on here every day to do it properly and there are just too many other things to do! You all seem well, which is great.

Re: sickness in the 3rd trimester.... I'm not quite there. I'm 26w5d. But had heartburn and acid reflux for over a week now. I can see how that could cause nausea perhaps. I just feel constantly full and get this horrible acid coming up and sometimes a little food comes up. My memory is so rubbish that I can't quite work out how often I'm managing to poop, but think it has been 2-3 days sometimes. Damn sure that isn't helping! I've started adding in a few prunes and chia seeds to help digestion. Thankfully, it is working!! My tummy feels a bit less tight.

If anyone else is suffering with acid while trying to sleep etc., this is helpful. I had a couple of olives before bed last night and slept so much better! http://www.mamanatural.com/pregnancy-heartburn/

Hubby felt baby move yesterday, which was great. He'd sort of felt it once before, but it was so faint, he wasn't quite sure.

Re: maternity leave and pay.... I don't get much as an agency worker (hopefully statutory maternity pay), but I do have the capacity to refuse work, which means I can work as much or as little as I like, depending on how I feel. For now, I'm happy to work full time if work is available to me, but imagine I might go to half days in the last 3 weeks or so.

Have a great week, ladies!

Offline kabuk1

modify
    « Reply #309 on: 20/02/17, 13:17 »
    Wow, I get busy and things really pick up on this thread. I'm glad to hear everyone is doing well and pregnancies are coming along nicely.

I had my 28 week scan and mw appointment last week. He was head down and being shy. They tried to get a 4D pic of is face, but he just wouldn't move his hands. My placenta is now high and my little boy is growing well. The consultant was very happy at the scan, so my next growth scan won't be until the 29th March @ 34 weeks. The mw thought I looked small, but when she measured my bump, it was spot on at 28 weeks. It's just all baby! He is very very active. I love waking in the morning to his movement! I enjoy just watching the movement. If he keeps this amount of movement up, I'm sure it will be unpleasant in the near future. At times it's already a little uncomfortable depending on how I'm sitting.

I can't believe I'm 28+5. It's going to fly now. We flat is finally coming together. Our furniture arrived this week, so we now have a sofa and are no longer living our of boxes. We will have to box up our kitchen soon as we are getting that redone before this little one arrives, but at least everything else is in order.

We have finally started our baby shopping. We only have one sleepsuit and bib at the moment, but I finally tracked down a Bugaboo Bee plus on gumtree that it's top condition, and in the special edition denim too! Now we are looking for a good changing table and some storage for his clothes. This will go in the living room for now as he'll be staying in our room for a little while. When I go back to work in Jan 2018, we'll have to get an au pair as nursery is too expensive and we don't have family in the country, so we need the spare room for the au pair. We'll get a space saver cot for after outgrows the next2me (which will be our next purchase) and keep him in our room.

I've finally gotten through to the new hospital, so I have my booking in for transfer of care tomorrow. I'm a bit nervous to change as I've loved my current hospital- everyone has been fantastic- but it's over an hour commute with only 2 trains an hour. The hospital I'm transferring to is a 15-20 minute walk from home, probably more like a 30 minute walk when in labour. But lots of busses there too. The mw I spoke to was lovely and has put me a little more at ease.

I have 9 weeks of work left with 2 weeks of holiday again in 6 weeks (teacher). It's about an hour commute, but I'm going to try and work up until the week I'm due- so due on 10 May and my last day of work is Friday, 5 May. I hope I make because my maternity already included 13 weeks unpaid. I really can't afford to at more unpaid time to that. But my legs and hips are killing me with all the steps and transfers.

Anyone else having cramps in their feet or calf muscles? Both kill me after lots of walking and both cramp badly. I think I need a pamper day.