* Author Topic: BFP Due a Date May / June 2017  (Read 23339 times)

0 Members

Offline Kep11

modify
BFP Due a Date May / June 2017
« Reply #340 on: 11/04/17, 17:54 »
Hey Kabuk - hope the new kitchen is coming along ok! At least it'll all be ready for new arrival 😊. We're in the process of moving house and were  hoping to complete on Thursday but that's not going to happen unfortunately. We've now been given a date of 12 th may when we'll have a very young baby - eek! Although I figure whether baby is a few days old or a few weeks old it's going to be tough so we'll just have to get on with it! I reckon we'll be calling in lots of favours from friends and family!

Think I've been having lots of braxton hicks over the past 24 hours - bump has certainly felt very hard at times. I was also given a tip about eating dates from 36 wks as some studies show they can reduce time spent in first stage of labour and reduce the need for induction. Worth a go I reckon - they're a good snack to have during labour anyway and super yummy!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline kabuk1

modify
    « Reply #341 on: 11/04/17, 18:44 »
    Ooooooo - I love dates.

The kitchen is coming along nicely. The floor looks fantastic. It's small with only one window and is north facing, so not a lot of light. The new kitchen is a very light glossy grey with a glass effect white counter, so that should brighten it, but we are going to risk a dark colour (dark blue) on the 2 walls with cupboards. Our splashback is also steel, so that'll be reflective. The wall opposite the window will be white. Hope that will keep it light and allow a nice colour. Every other room in the flat is so neutral as we needed to save time and money with the entire flat needing a new paint and some new plastering. We opted for an engineered wood floor in the kitchen, which I wasn't too sure about, but love it!

Sorry to hear about your completion date being pushed backed. That really bites. We really lucked out with this place and having sellers that needed to complete as quickly as possible. Hopefully it won't be too stressful. I would suggest that you seriously consider hiring professional packers. We wished we had after everything was said and done. We did pay for movers so we didn't have to do any lifting, but the packing was exhausting.

Offline Kep11

modify
    « Reply #342 on: 12/04/17, 08:21 »
    Kitchen sounds fantastic - we had ours done about 3 years ago and I'll be sorry to leave it behind. As excited as I am about moving, and it's definitely for the right reasons, both hubby and I are going to miss the kitchen and bathroom in our old place as these were things we had done to our taste and specifications. He's already demanding we have to get underfloor heating and a back lit bathroom mirror with demister as he doesn't know how he'll manage without 😂!

Thankfully we're ahead with the packing (there are advantages to being a control freak!) and we've already put a van load of stuff we want to keep but don't use often into storage to "clear the decks." There's not much more we can pack up now until a couple of days before we go (kitchen and daughter #1's toys mainly) so one less thing to fret about before dd2 arrives! We're using a removal service too so I actually feel on top of that side of things. It's the imminent arrival and dd1's school place that are causing me a bit of stress - probably because these are out of my control (I said I was a control freak!)

Planning on doing my last yoga class this morning before baby arrives. I'm hoping I don't have a repeat of my little girl's arrival as I did a Pilates class on the morning she arrived! I'm ready for baby to arrive soon but would rather it was after 20th April (I've got a hair apt on 19th!)

Offline Kaz1980

modify
    « Reply #343 on: 21/04/17, 12:43 »
    How's everyone doing?

Not long to go for some of us  :).

Had scan today at 32+4 and back in 2 weeks for another to check growth again as they are a bit up and down. Will be almost 35 weeks then and they've said that if growth slows they'll induce me at 35-36 weeks instead of 37 weeks. Feel like it's getting close now.

Last day at work next Friday and it couldn't come quick enough. I thought i'd be able to wind down but it's just getting busier. Oh well...5 working days to go.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Offline stelmat

modify
    « Reply #344 on: 21/04/17, 15:34 »
    Hi all, 38 weeks for me now, this has really flown past.  I'm still struggling to believe this is happening after all this time.  It is surreal. 

Is everyone ready?  I've got a few things still to do/get/sort out but it is exciting seeing it all come together!

Offline kabuk1

modify
    « Reply #345 on: 21/04/17, 16:03 »
    I'm 37+2 and have 2 weeks of work left. Had a growth scan yesterday and I've now been diagnosed with polyhydramnios (mild as the AFI is normal, but the deepest pool of amniotic fluid is 1.4cm above normal). He also has some fluid in his left kidney. They took blood work and now I'm waiting for those results and have an appointment with the consultant again (on the 27th April). I'm just ready for him to arrive and have us both be okay. For a rather easy pregnancy in terms of my health and symptoms, these scans have brought so much worry and I'm more than ready for his arrival. The polyhydramnios pretty much means a hospital birth, so labour ward it is. Plus he's big, grown quite a bit just in the last 2 weeks, coming in at 8.5lbs already and I'm measuring at 39 weeks now. Hoping he arrives on the 27th, but if not, I hope there are some options, like induction soon. I'm worried he's going to be massive. My feet, calves and ankles are really swollen now too. My bump has really grown just in 2 weeks, it's crazy.

Some of us are getting really close now. Hospital bags are packed. I may add a few extra bits and will add some snacks too. Need to finish organising the flat this weekend with the kitchen done and book a cleaner now for fortnightly cleanings. The last few baby bits will arrive today, so looking forward to that. If he is as big as he might be, then he may be growing out of that next2me crib earlier than planned, so we'll need to sort a cot sooner rather than later. My mum is sending some cash, so at least that's paid for.

Offline Lusitano

modify
    « Reply #346 on: 21/04/17, 16:31 »
    Wow! Some of us are due anytime now! It's still rather surreal for me tbh as I'm only 31 weeks and feel like my due date is an eternity away.
    I had my repeat GD test yesterday and it was totally normal thank goodness! I did feel absolutely awful after it though. I now know why I never drink fizzy juice or sugary drinks! Bleurgh!
    I'm sure time will fly soon though as my eldest is sitting her Highers next month and there's loads of school trips planned before the end of June. Anything to take my mind off feeling like a beached whale is a welcome distraction! ;D I can't believe how much my abdomen has expanded and will actually get bigger! I already bump myself on worktops etc by mistake because I seem to have lost all spatial awareness.

Who's due first on this thread? I checked the front page, but I don't think everyone listed still posts?
    I can't wait to hear the first birth story! :)

Offline Squiggly

• Joy is contagious!
    modify
    « Reply #347 on: 21/04/17, 18:34 »
    Hi folks. :-)

Midwife appointment today here at home. We talked over my birth preferences and made it clear that there would be times when she would override these for the health of myself/ baby, which is fair enough. Also, not to be worried about anything unless she seemed to be worried!

Last time she was concerned that my bump was measuring big and now it is static, so I've earned myself a scan. Should have had some extras due to being an IVF conception, but for some reason none of that happened. Personally, I think last time's big measure was just because I had trapped wind and constipation! I've since gone to the docs for meds and feeling a bit less tender, so reckon that was all it was. Still, they have to be sure that something weird isn't going on, I guess.

I think it will be nice to see baby briefly on the scan, especially at this stage. (35w3d)

Starting to gear up a bit more towards the birth and pleased to get some things into the nursery: cot, moses basket, nappies, clothes. Still a bit surreal when I think about life with a little one (so def agree with you, stelmat), but I guess we'll get used to it! One of the ladies from our antenatal course had her baby recently when she was 37 weeks. I asked hubby if he'd be ready if that happened for us. He said no. But I wonder if anyone can be ready, really?

Great to hear all of your news and looking forward to hearing the first birth stories. :-)

Lusitano: pleased that GD isn't a serious concern.

Kabuk: You sound okay with hearing that there is extra amniotic fluid. I wouldn't worry too much about baby supposedly measuring big. From what I've read, there can be inaccuracies with scan measurements, with 10 lb babies coming out at 7lb etc. You might find out that baby is more average sized when they arrive. I can't remember, but from your comment it sounds like you'd initially hoped for a home birth? Sounds like you are adjusting okay to the news that you'll need to go up to the delivery suite. Are you able to have a water birth if you want one? Our local hospital has one water birth unit as part of the delivery suite.

Kaz: I have been off over the Easter hols and been available to work half days this week, but nothing came up! I'm rather glad as it's given me a chance to get the nursery sorted and do a few other bits. Also, my sleep is still hit and miss, I've had abdominal pains (probably constipation + BH contractions + adhesions between uterus/ bowel) and I've been quite wiped out.

Offline kabuk1

modify
    « Reply #348 on: 21/04/17, 22:16 »
    Squiggly, seeing them this late in is something else. I loved being able to see where everything is in there, but getting an image of him as a whole is impossible. Enjoy the scan. I'm sure everything will look good.

I wanted a water birth at the birth centre, which I won't be able to have. I have to be on the labour ward now as they'll want to monitor both of us. I'm disappointed in not being able to go for a water birth, or even just the birth centre, but more than anything I just want a healthy baby boy in my arms and for us both to be able to go home as soon as possible. I'm more worried about him coming late. I'm feeling heavier and more exhausted each day. The journey home from work was hell today as he was all up in my cervix. I was fine when sitting, but walking was very painful.

Offline Kep11

modify
    « Reply #349 on: 22/04/17, 12:30 »
    Definitely sounds like someone on here will have given birth by next wk - exciting times! I'd be happy if mine comes this wkend - I'm 37w 6d today and had had my little girl by this point so I'm feeling like I'm overdue with this one! Really fed up of heartburn and swollen ankles!

I've got a scan and sweep booked on 27th so hope that sets things off if they haven't begun already by then. Kabuk - do they not have birth pools on your hospital labour ward? I've been told I have to birth on the labour ward and not the birth centres as they want doctors on hand but they still have facilities like birth pools, balls etc. I have also requested to be able to stay active during labour - i.e. not attached to a monitor and stuck on a bed which the consultant midwife said wouldn't be a problem as they can monitor wirelessly. I've asked for a water birth too and she said it's the most under utilised piece of equipment on the labour ward so I should be ok for that too.

Getting more BH over the past few days and no longer needing the prunes (tmi I know!) which I've heard can be a sign that your body is having a "clear out" in preparation! Hurry up baby - ready to meet you now!!