* Author Topic: 45 years old about to start ivf but what London clinic?  (Read 5630 times)

0 Members

Offline Lily0750

modify
45 years old about to start ivf but what London clinic?
« Reply #50 on: 28/02/16, 12:26 »
I am considering CREATE. The other option would be Lister. ARGC said "no" to me just based on my age, did not even offer DE option, even though I told them that I have regular cycles and according to ClearBlue tests ovulate every month (not sure how correct these tests are).
I had MOT scan at CREATE which showed very good blood circulation but just five follicles (three in one ovary and two in the 2nd) which I understand is average result for my age).
I keep reading on this forum about ladies having 7-12-15 IVF cycles. I was surprised to read on other sources that the average number of IVF cycles should be 3 and the success rate drops with each additional IVF cycle.

Because I have quite severe psoriasis which started when I was 14 or 15, so clearly hereditary, I would prefer to go straight to DE.
In fact, all the years when I was younger and single my main fears of having a child on my own was that I my transfer psoriasis to the child or my psoriasis would get so severe that I would not be able to work and support my child.

The consultant at CREATE said that IVF does not increase success chances for ladies over 45, so basically success rate would the same as with natural pregnancies.
I am thinking of going for 3-cycle package at CREATE. I believe with DE it would be mild IVF. If I have no success even after 3 cycles, I will stop trying.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Online Claudia H

modify
    « Reply #51 on: 29/02/16, 10:25 »
    Best of Luck Lily - with DE I think you should have a good chance if nothing else is wrong! we will be here for you all the way. x

Offline Lily0750

modify
    « Reply #52 on: 4/03/16, 22:12 »
    Thanks for support Claudia.

Offline CND

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #53 on: 3/01/17, 23:42 »
    Hi Lily
    How is your treatment with Create going? i am also considering DE with them and interested in your experience?

Offline deblovescats

• Gold Member
    • 2 BFNs 2012, DS 2014, DD 2016
    modify
    « Reply #54 on: 3/01/17, 23:50 »
    Lily - can't help with regard to London clinics, but can't believe you were turned down even with DE for AARGC.
    As I'm based in the north, I had 2 failed cycles at LWC Darlington - with double donation, as I'm single.
    I changed clinic and went to Sheffield CARE and couldn't fault them  - I did double donation again and this time had success on fresh cycle, DS is now 2 years old, got 3 frosties from that cycle. I then had FET this year and had DD in October. I also have 2 frosties in storage.
    I was 45 when had failed cycles, 46 when started treatment at CARE, and gave birth to DS at 47, had tx this time at 48 and gave birth to DD aged 49. So I think most UK clinics will treat women up to 50, but usually with DE. With DE, as long as you don't have other problems, the success rate is higher and can be about 50%, whatever your age.
    Good luck
    Deb

Offline Lily0750

modify
    « Reply #55 on: 4/01/17, 10:17 »
    CND and Deb, thanks for your messages.
    I had tandem cycle at TM Cyprus in October which resulted in BFN. Have 5 frozen DD embryos at TM so hope to go back to TM in March, possibly. Just need to clear some of my credit card debts.