* Author Topic: 43 wanting to use OE IVF in CZ  (Read 1020 times)

0 Members

Offline Blondie71

• Gold Member
modify
43 wanting to use OE IVF in CZ
« Reply #10 on: 12/01/17, 10:16 »
HI eskeech you don't mention your Amh level but if cost is an issue and you can accept donor eggs then as tincancat has suggested frozen is definitely cheaper, I have seen plenty of 43-45 year olds get pregnant with own egg but odds are tougher obviously.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline eskeech

modify
    « Reply #11 on: 13/01/17, 05:53 »
    Thank you, Tincancat!
    I'm going to Serum after all. It's impossible to get all the testing I need donor here. Plus, Serum is really vested in me - and I haven't given them a dime (or a Euro)! Clinics in Spain wouldn't give me the time of day unless I paid for a consultation - that wouldn't even involve my medical history! Unbelievable. Going to do two cycles of oe IVF with ds. If that doesn't work, and funds will allow it, I'll try double donor. I don't want donor embryo because it is some other couple's child. That's just wrong for me. Plus, pregnancy rates are lower for donor embryo than for double donor.

So...I go to Athens for a 3 days next month. Then back the following month when my next AF comes for a short protocol. Really concerned about timing all the travel; flights, airbnb.

Thank you for the reassurance regarding short protocol. I was up in a tizzy when I read that Dr. Sher recommends all older women do long protocol.

It seems like you had triplets? Two born together and one a week later? How was that?

Blondie71: my AMH is 4.19.

Offline Tincancat

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #12 on: 13/01/17, 20:13 »
    Nope only twins from my first and only  double donor treatment. . Past late loss of OE twins at 20 weeks and a OE singleton loss at 10 weeks
    Good luck at Serum -  I was tempted to go there but the requirement for 2 visits put me off.
    TCCx

Offline eskeech

modify
    « Reply #13 on: 14/01/17, 00:32 »
    Tincancat,

Congratulations on your twins! How wonderful for you! Yes, the odds of pregnancy with double donor are so much higher.
    I am so sorry for your early losses. 20 weeks! You must've been showing and confident... Do they know what happened? This fear keeps me awake at nights. At my age everything is so much riskier. One woman I know lost her baby at 27 weeks. So so sad.
    I'm planning on the two cycles of oe at Serum - the 2nd cycle is just 1,000 euro. IF those two cycles don't work, I will need to take a serious look at my finances and decide what to do. So far Serum has gone way out of their way to be extremely helpful and informative. They told me endo is still in your uterus even if you can't see it and can affect implantation. My gynecologist said it wouldn't affect pregnancy at all! The research proves Serum knows what it is doing far more than my highly educated gyro here at home. I just wish getting their and back wasn't such a logistic nightmare. As my ticket stands, I have an entire evening, night and most of the morning to spend in Heathrow. Yay.

Thanks for the reassurance regarding short protocol. It seems that it is best. And cheaper!

My AMH is 4.19. Someone told me that is good?

Offline Tincancat

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #14 on: 14/01/17, 01:21 »
    Hi Eskeech
    Must be exciting for you to finally get going on a cycle.
    Your AMH is much better than mine at less than 2 at a younger age but to be honest until they stimulate you really won't know how your body will respond.
    I lost my first boys due to cervical incompetence and had a stitch to help with my next twin pregnancy.
    Good luck and hope you find something enjoyable to do in London overnight.
    Keep us posted
    TCCx

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal