* Author Topic: IVF Spain Alicante Cycle Buddies - Part 3  (Read 25018 times)

0 Members

Offline Littlebab

modify
IVF Spain Alicante Cycle Buddies - Part 3
« Reply #590 on: 15/02/17, 20:07 »
Greenbar
I had replied earlier but I see my reply to you did not post somehow. Apologies.
We got a blue cookie which was the same as the last time.
I had been hoping for a girl but since I saw the second blue cookie I'm thinking that there is a little boy out there who wants me to be his mummy. So I'm delighted and although I shouldn't, I'm scribbling down boys names and getting very excited. Please god my little bean stays with me, he will be so loved!

How wonderful for you to have gotten a pink cookie, you deserve another beautiful baby girl, you've been through so much.x I have a secret stash of girls names. lol.
I am 100% with you, so long as we have healthy bouncing babies we will be blessed.
I'm so glad to hear that the ten week nipt test is not invasive, Thankyou for sharing.
The chromosomal test sounds awful, im so sorry for all you have been through, life can be so cruel!
But look at you now brave lady, your dreams are coming through and your beautiful baby is growing and tucking in so nicely. Your strength and determination are to be admired. Life can also be so wonderful!
I think you said that you are 6/7 weeks pregnant, that's just so exciting! x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Littlebab

modify
    « Reply #591 on: 15/02/17, 20:16 »
    ladies
    Can I just ask a silly question please.
    What where the very first symptons you felt on your tww and what where they before your bfp result?
    I promised I wouldn't do this time but I am guessing ever feeling and twinge going on in my body. Lol.
    Thankyou

Online Sallyt31

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #592 on: 15/02/17, 22:01 »
    Littlelab not one symptom throughout my 2ww so thought it hasn't worked and yet it did so not everyone has symptoms and still get the BFP.

Offline Greenbar

modify
    « Reply #593 on: 15/02/17, 23:33 »
    So pleased to hear your news Littlebab.  How exciting.  Maybe there is a little boy waiting to come out in 9 months and go "Ta dah mother dear"  .. . ... Your Irish clinic sound very disappointing but luckily the Spanish lot are running rings around them. The next 8-9 days wait will be tough!  I had symptoms from the get go.  I had alot of abdominal cramping. I got a cold sore and sore throat (but no cold) which happened in my last pregnancy too.  I had constipation and one night of feeling cold/shivery but ok the next day. In the run up to test days had slight waves of nausea.  This time I barely had any boob discomfort but in previous pregnancies felt like someone had sliced my nipples off . .euch sorry that's a bit graphic.  Anyway relax, eat well and think positive thoughts.  Best of luck to you.  I will scan on Tue when I will be 7wks 3 days . .can't wait.  I still get some mild waves of nausea which is reassuring that something is happening in there.  ^hugme^

Online cookson17

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #594 on: 16/02/17, 12:42 »
    I don't think I had any symptoms!

Can I just ask-does the clinic close over Easter?

Online cookson17

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #595 on: 17/02/17, 07:17 »
    Well we booked our flights!

Am slightly annoyed as they said I needed to be in Spain from the 31st-14 of April and it turns out the clinic is closed on the 13th all day and re opens on the 14th at 2pm - I am booked to coe back on the 14th at 11am!

When I called the assistant said that the clinic like to do a scan the day after egg retrieval - has anyone had this?? They didn't do it last time!

Also how long were people swimming etc before egg retrieval? Last time it was 12 days from first injection to egg. retrieval

Anyway hope everyone is well - and I LOVE seeing all the positives!

Offline RachLew

modify
    « Reply #596 on: 17/02/17, 08:12 »
    Hey @Cookson!! Great to say that you finally go to the clinic! And for Easter! Lucky you! I've been there years ago during that time and this was fun! Spanish people surely know how to party ;) It's not as big as south of Spain but the party spirit is all over the streets, there are parades,... Confirm it with the clinic but I remember they never close more than 2 days in a raw bc of the embies monitoring, which actually make sense. I'm sorry I'm not a big swimmer so that never crossed my mind to ask them about that. ;)
    afm, transfer planed for 27 of April! We are so excited!!
    @littlebab, everything crossed for your 2ww, try to get busy...
    @greenbar: you're so funny with your little Sergio!! I'm actually considering to ask to have him for transfer, just for curiosity ;))
    @janedu: how are doing?? I've lost the track of your journey...
    I hope everyone is OK. This chat is full of positive vibes!!
    Baby dust to al of you ladies
    xxx

Offline Littlebab

modify
    « Reply #597 on: 17/02/17, 09:02 »
    Sallyt31
    I beleive I remember that you shared with us during your tww that you had no symptons, it's so interesting to share this as some ladies seem to have all the symptons possible and then other ladies like yourself do not, I hope that this means that you will have a nice comfortable pregnancy without too much sickness and cramps etc. Hooray for your bfp! X
    Greenbar
    I have a lot of abdominal cramping also but I'm putting that down to constipation as I always suffer this and I'm afraid to take my macrogol which I always use prescribed by the nhs. Can I ask you what laxative is safe to use during pregnancy? Have you found one as I'm in great discomfort.
    I'm even afraid to force myself to go to the toilet incase I force the embryo out. Sorry tmi.
    I've also had a few episodes of shivering but they only lasted minutes really, so could be anything.
    I've had twinges in my left side but I have just gotten over a terrible tummy bug so it could be that.
    I'm having awful nightmares, really weird scary ones where I have to protect my loved ones from danger. But I am a worrier and worry all the time for those I love. I've had little phases of on/off nausea and little dizziness but I'm also putting that down to my recent bug. I'm amazed to hear how painful your nipples where on your last pregnancy, Thankyou for sharing this, it's not at all too graphic and it's so kind of you to share.
    Best of luck to you on Tuesday at your scan, it will be magic! 7 weeks 3 days, I can't wait to hear all about it!x
    Cookston
    Thankyou for sharing that you also had no symptons, I'm amazed by how different us ladies bodies can react.
    I don't know about the clinics opening hours but I see you got your answer. Easter is just around the corner.yipee! I'm not a swimmer either, I hope some nice lady can answer this for you. I hope it all works out with your dates.x
    Rachlew
    Fantastic you have your transfer planned, it's just around the corner.
    Thankyou for crossing everything for me.x
    Ladies
    Who is Sergio? I went a bit awol a while back and missed out on the craic! 
    Ladies
    Is it okay to sleep on my side and which side?
    I'm terrified of moving the embryo by lying on it so I'm getting little sleep.
    Thankyou all ladies, it's so great to have your support. 

Online cookson17

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #598 on: 17/02/17, 15:40 »
    My post should say Stimming not swimming!Dam auto correct!

Offline Greenbar

modify
    « Reply #599 on: 17/02/17, 19:42 »
    Hey ladies!  Good luck Cookson & RachLew. It is all so much easier when you have a plan and dates in mind. I was smiling at the swimming thing because I suspected you meant stimming but then all the posts came coming like a series of Chinese whispers.. . . made me chuckle!  So Littlebab . . you need to stop worrying my love.  You can sleep any which way is comfortable and doing an toilet activity will not make the embryo come out.  For laxatives I would suggest dried prunes or figs.  You symptoms sound very encouraging, and vivid dreams is a common sign of early pregnancy . . so hopefully it is all going in the right direction. . . .

Sergio is the doctor who did my transfer. I was reading a book of Spanish baby names when I was in the room waiting for the theatre.  He was telling me to choose a good Spanish name, so I asked him his nam,e and said that if the his transfer did get me pregnant then I would called the baby after him - Sergio/Sergina.  It was a big joke in the theatre after that and we did need a bit of light heartedness because I went through about 5 different catheters before the lovely Sergio found one to fit the curve of my cervix.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.  I clock up to 7 weeks tomorrow.  It goes so slow in the these early weeks because you just want to get to the magic 12!  Well in our case beyond 12 + 5 because that is when the medication stops. I look forward to not having knickers stinking of Utrogest!  :)