* Author Topic: Bristol Ivf/ICSI BCRM support  (Read 74 times)

0 Members

Offline Amy13

• Un-Ranked
modify
Bristol Ivf/ICSI BCRM support
« on: 16/02/17, 20:06 »
Hi

I am starting my 4th cycle at The Spire but treatment at BCRM. I have been going through treatment for 2 years now. 3 times we tried at the BCRM but failed as I am a very low responder to the drugs, only producing max 2 eggs. I have always had an embryo put back which is the only thing that has kept me going. We tried a clinic in Czech last year as they were considerably cheaper. They put me on a very low dose of menupur which had no effect. After a few natural cycles with 1 attempt at harvest they suggested donor eggs. We aren't ready for that just yet so we went back to our doctor at the Spire and found the money to have another go. So here I am again. Just had my first scan and it shows 2 follicles growing. Another scan tomorrow will hopefully reveal a grow in them with potential harvest beginning of next week. I am 36 so time in on my side I guess but it is the age where all my friends are having their second child. I feel for every woman or man on this forum. It is a rough ride and a journey that makes and breaks us in different ways. We all deal with it differently and I have certainly had my life put into perspective with some family illness. If anyone is near the Bristol area and fancies receiving or giving moral support who is in similar situations let me know. Xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Hopeful_81

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1 on: 18/02/17, 13:40 »
    Hi Amy13! So sorry to hear your story, it is such a tough journey. I am also having treatment at the Spire/BCRM. Just waiting for my womb to recover from a m/c and 2xoperations to remove the pregnancy and will then be starting again, probably around April.

I am roughly the same age as you (turn 36 in May) and have low ovarian reserve. I was lucky enough to get pregnant last year but it didn't work out unfortunately as our baby had a trisomy. It is so hard when all of your friends are on their second or third babies and you feel stuck at square 1. I've found it to be a very isolating experience. However, I have found a huge level of support from threads on FF and have even made some good friends as a result.

There is a good thread for people currently undergoing treatment in Bristol - http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=357410.new#new Although its titled BCRM current cyclers it includes people having treatment at the Spire/BCRM. It's fairly quiet at the moment but I know there are a few people going through/about to go through treatment.

Best of luck with your cycle xx

Offline Amy13

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 14:46 »
    Hi Hopeful_81

Sorry to hear about your experience which sounds like you have had to pull all your strength to get through. I will check out the thread you suggest. Good luck with your next treatment.  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal