* Author Topic: 5 day letrozole protocol  (Read 322 times)

0 Members

Offline Bagpuss87

modify
5 day letrozole protocol
« on: 10/01/17, 11:41 »
Hi all

Just wondered if anyone has any knowledge of this protocol ? Ive read a little info that was in agates file (ie endo and or implantation failure) and wanted to see if anyone had had success using his protocol and is it just a case of adding this to your stims etc ?

Thanks in advance xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Calluna

• Gold Member
    modify
    5 day letrozole protocol
    « Reply #1 on: 10/01/17, 22:51 »
    Hi Bagpuss,

I've used letrozole, on its own and with low dose FSH. On its own, from day 2 for 5 days, I got 3 large follicles for an IUI. Same plus 150IU fostimon/merional I got 9 large follicles but ovulated before egg collection and lost 4 and had to freeze the 2 blasts we ended up with. Although I didn't have success with it, I think it's good for keeping oestrogen levels lower and reducing the cost of stimulation. Good luck with it x 

Offline Bagpuss87

modify
    5 day letrozole protocol
    « Reply #2 on: 11/01/17, 13:22 »
    Thanks calluna i havent heard of alot of women taking it.i would also be worried about ovulating early :-[ ...I read a little about it in agates faq and just wondered if i might benefit from it. I havent been diagnosed with endo but i fo have pretty much every symptom : / im having ivf in athens (serum) and im having a hysto in feb (never had 1 before) and hope that this may show an issue with implantation failure but also maybe endo but penny says they cannot find endo with a hysto?

I may just do a fresh cycle and freeze all and then do a long downreg and do an fet...in the uk i always did long protocol using buserelin and although my ovaries seemed to suffer and not bounce back i did get pg twice! At this stage im thinking maybe the downreg was the thing that helped ? Maybe supressing something..endo?

Where are you in your treatment ? Xx

Offline Calluna

• Gold Member
    modify
    5 day letrozole protocol
    « Reply #3 on: 11/01/17, 17:34 »
    Hi Bagpuss,

No they only look at the inside of your womb with a hysto so can't see endometriosis. I've twice taken letrozole and progesterone continuously for 2-3 months as an alternative to downregging to suppress endo and have found it really good for that. Might be an alternative if you're concerned about your ovarian response but might not be time now if you'll be cycling straight after the hysto?

Early days (6+5) but I'm pregnant from my third IVF cycle (first one that made it to transfer). First BFP in 7 years of trying  :)

x

Offline Lawreann

modify
    5 day letrozole protocol
    « Reply #4 on: 11/01/17, 17:57 »
    On both my successful cycles I have had this in my protocol.  I have implantation issues and that's all.  X

Offline Bagpuss87

modify
    5 day letrozole protocol
    « Reply #5 on: 11/01/17, 21:04 »
    Calluna- thats fantastic news congratulations!!  :) and you used letrozole on this cycle ?? Im at my wits end tbh as ive done 9 cycles with pg on second  and third  but one was ectopic  and the other i miscarried.  I did have positive pregnancy tests on my last cycle even up until otd but bloods came back low : /  not sure if il cycle straight after hysto depending on what they find xx

Lawreann- thats really great to know : ) was your protocol to callunas ? Or was it something different ? I did read it can help for endo but also for implantation failure which obviously fits with you...hoping that il find something to make a difference or even just a bit of hope that it could still happen!...i read you signiture and im so sorry that you went through something so traumatic  ^hugme^

Offline Calluna

• Gold Member
    modify
    5 day letrozole protocol
    « Reply #6 on: 11/01/17, 21:21 »
    Thanks Bagpuss  :)

No we dropped the letrozole for this cycle in case it contributed to the premature ovulation on the previous cycle (but actually I think that was just because we let the follicles get too big - the lead ones shot up to 24 at the end). Although we got a BFP, we didn't have anything to freeze this time so I think my egg quality may have been better with the letrozole.

I'm really sorry for your losses. Have you done any immune testing/treatment?

x

Offline Bagpuss87

modify
    5 day letrozole protocol
    « Reply #7 on: 11/01/17, 21:33 »
    Thats really interesting x , its always a bit of a bummer when theres nothing to freeze and you have all your hopes pinned on that 1 transfer : / i have everything crossed that you have a smooth (and uneventful) pregnancy : ) x yes we have had level 1 and 2s tested unfortunately i have elevated nk cells and cytotoxicity, elevated Tnfa, mthfr hetro, pai4g4g and missing kirs...i have tried pred,intalipids,gcsf, clexane, hydroxy and asprin  :o i can get my tnfa to come down quite a lot by taking the hydroxy( malaria pill), my cytotoxicity  came down too and i took gcsf for the missing kirs but i cant seem to get the nk levels down..this will probably be my last attempt using my own body and then I'll move on to surrogacy using my very close friend. I tend to get good embryos we had 9 expanded blastocysts on day 5 never been told any probelems with eggs or sperm etc xx

Offline Calluna

• Gold Member
    modify
    5 day letrozole protocol
    « Reply #8 on: 11/01/17, 22:05 »
    Thanks Bagpuss  :)

IVIG is the only thing that keeps my NKs under control. Somehow we'll have to find the money to keep having it because intralipids don't work for me. That's great that you can produce lots of good embryos - I hope you can find the right combination of meds to make it work but good to know you have the surrogacy option to fall back on.

x

Offline Bagpuss87

modify
    5 day letrozole protocol
    « Reply #9 on: 11/01/17, 22:21 »
    I saw dr gorgy and had a chat about ivig but it really freaks me out  :-[ with my nk cells they actually went up even though i was taking 30mg pred and dexamethasone plus had 2 x intrilipids before fet and mine went from 25% to 31%! Although the killing power did come down.

Thank you im hoping we can just keep going and get there, feel like we have already missed out on so much i quit uni when i found out about infertility (just started my midwifery degree) and havent been able to face going back...weve done quite alot of cycles in the last few years and find alot of clinics dont seem to get the urgency because our our age  ^bigbad^ just get told your young plent of time blah blah blah so annoying.

Thanks for all the info too xx

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal