* Author Topic: Over 50's Ladies - Part 2  (Read 120840 times)

0 Members

Online Hilly61

• Un-Ranked
modify
Over 50's Ladies - Part 2
« Reply #970 on: 15/01/17, 10:58 »
Hi ladies, I know I have been Quiet since my last post.  We went to Cyprus over xmas for our scheduled appointment. Despite a few problems with communication prior to going out, TM did not let us down. They had a driver to meet us at the airport which was a late night arrival. Hotel was more than fine. We were collected for appointments as communicated by email whilst there. It was a scary experience but Dr Firdev and all the staff were very nice . It was a very different experience from uk hospitals but was expecting that so all ok. We flew back same day of transfer and it was fine!   The 2ww has gone very quick , as have been working (I am a nurse), and  we have been fairly relaxed about the whole thing.  This morning have done a urine  test and its positive!  We can't believe it, as it's our first and going to be our only try.  So next stressful thing is going to see GP Surgery who were not very helpful (would not do any tests needed prior) so not sure what their reaction is going to be due to my age. I think they think we are nuts. So not sure what reaction will be,   Especially as had more than one blast transferred!   I know I need a hcg test and presume they will do this?   

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Online Lily0750

modify
    « Reply #971 on: 15/01/17, 11:30 »
    Congratilations Hilly! Best of luck!

Offline SryGrl

modify
    « Reply #972 on: 15/01/17, 11:46 »
    Congratulations, Hilly! I wouldn't count on your GP authorizing any beta tests. Quite a number of women on FF have tried with their GP's, without success. There are plenty of private fertility clinics in the UK that perform the beta tests. I used New Life in Epsom; it was 50; a few others in Harley Street are the ssme price. It might be less expensive outside of the London area. Good luck!

Just wanted to add - I am 51, and was expecting for health care providers, etc. to do a double take when I mention my birthdate since I became pregnant. That's not the case at all; they were pretty nonchalant about it!

Online Lily0750

modify
    « Reply #973 on: 15/01/17, 12:03 »
    GPs won't do any pre-IVF tests for women over the cut-off age. In my practice it was 42. Some have even younger cut-off age.

Offline miamiamo

modify
    « Reply #974 on: 15/01/17, 12:23 »
    Hilly61- congrats and wish y all the best x

Offline Adelphi

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #975 on: 15/01/17, 12:35 »
    Yes and for the first time ever the paper reported that it was due to heavy medical intervention and donor eggs, usually they say nothing about that.

Hi Lesleylupin, I was wondering were the use of donor eggs in Janet Jackson's pregnancy was admitted to? I would be interested in reading this. It would be a possible first as I can't recall a celebrity admitting to using donor eggs. Some celebrities have have admitted to using surrogates. It would help people if celebrities were more honest, but I guess it's their personal and family business.

Online Lily0750

modify
    « Reply #976 on: 15/01/17, 14:16 »
    Hi Adelphi, I believe Janet Jackson did not admit.
    However, she and her husband are wealthy enough to do multiple IVFs and find a golden egg.

Offline Lesleylupin

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #977 on: Yesterday at 15:41 »
    Hi Janet Jackson did not admit to using donor eggs (re-read my post).   I said the paper it was in reported that it was due to heavy medical intervention and donor eggs.  I  think it was in the Daily Mail.  Such a shock to read it as the papers never normally say anything about Donor Eggs and a stars age.

Congratulations Hilly  ^baby2^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal