* Author Topic: Best Protocol For Over 40  (Read 142 times)

0 Members

Offline eskeech

• Un-Ranked
modify
Best Protocol For Over 40
« on: 11/01/17, 17:17 »
I'm so confused. I read an article by the renown US Dr. Sher and he says a long down protocol is best for women over 40. But I have also read (and been advised) that a short protocol is better for older women because it is easier on their ovaries.
What are your thoughts? Experiences? Advice?
 ^idiot^

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Syd72

modify
    « Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 18:11 »
    Hi eskeech.  I can't help a huge amount as I found lots of conflicting information too but I can tell you my experience.  I'm 44 with good amh and fsh for age.  I spoke to the Lister who said short protocol and to Oxford who prefer long protocol.  I decided to go with Oxford and give long protocol a chance but just before we started we worked out I'm not in the country long enough (I live overseas) so I've ended up doing short protocol at Oxford.  I'm on day 9 of stimms today, I'm responding well (for my age) and hoping to do egg collection this Friday.  I was very disappointed when I found out I wouldn't be doing long protocol but now quite pleased I'm on short. 

Have you chosen a clinic yet?  I would go with whatever they advise as they're the experts.  Very best of luck.

Offline eskeech

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: Today at 03:46 »
    Hi Syd72,

I've found a lot of conflicting information, too. I have yet to finalize my treatment plan, but I'm pretty certain it will be short protocol. I'm going with Serum, in Athens. I am very happy with my choice and feel I will get the best care there, my only negatives are that it is very far away (I'm in Washington State) and the length of time I have to be there. Serum says long protocol can be very harsh on our older ovaries. They have found that gently stimulating women our age yields higher quality eggs, though maybe not higher quantity.

I'm so excited for you! And very happy to hear so far you're responding well! Please keep me updated, if you like.

Best of luck :-)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal