* Author Topic: How many embryos were 'normal' after PGS testing?  (Read 1130 times)

0 Members

Offline Pv7882

modify
How many embryos were 'normal' after PGS testing?
« Reply #20 on: 8/03/17, 12:13 »
Ok i had an hysteroscopy 2 years back and it was normal. I looked at the PCR testing of period blood at SERUM, but haven't thought of going for treatment abroad. But its good to know u can send the sample without actually going ther. Though I m hoping the immunes test ll giv me an answer this time ^pray^
Sorry to hear about ur friend she had to go thro a lot, cant imagine nine failed cycles  :o
Thanks for all the info. Just read your signature, best of luck for ur next cycle in summer!!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Online bananafish81

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #21 on: 9/03/17, 12:00 »
    I would definitely prioritise other investigations if cytogenetic analysis shows you've miscarried normal embryos

As PGS isn't going to solve the problem, if you haven't addressed the underlying issue

Have you had full level 1 and 2 immunes?

uNK biopsy @ Coventry with Prof Quenby / Brosens?

If you've had ERPCs then have you had the uterine cavity checked for scarring and adhesions?

I would strongly advocate for checking these out first and seeing if you can identify the issue

I would also advocate for PGS as well, but as a diagnostic measure

I miscarried what testing of the POC showed was a normal embryo, we know the issue was almost certainly my endometrium. If we hadn't done PGS, we wouldn't know if the next transfer failed / miscarried because we'd fixed the uterine environment but the embryo was a dud, or the embryo was normal but we still hadn't cracked the uterine environment

We did PGS, transferred a normal, and I miscarried again. So we know we still haven't fixed my uterus

It's a very expensive diagnostic exercise however, and if you've got normals before, it's clear chromosomal issues and making euploid embryos aren't your issue

Offline Pv7882

modify
    « Reply #22 on: 10/03/17, 18:35 »
    Sorry to hear about ur losses!! Have you been offered G-CSF drug for ur thin lining? I think Prof Quenby was doing a clinical trial 2 years ago.
    I have had level 1 immunes, its all normal. Booked for a private appointment next month to do level 2 tests. And uNK test was done 2 years ago with Prof Q, but looks like it has changed now and they hav different ranges on different days in your cycle and also they r testing you in consecutive cycles to compare as they now feel it changes every month. Thinking to go for it too.
    And again no testing done on uterine cavity during ERPCs. I m with NHS so its very difficult to get something done, recently had my review appointment for the miscarriage, no answers yet  :(