* Author Topic: Failed FET (PGS) cycle - when should I do a new fresh cycle?  (Read 298 times)

0 Members

Offline Nicnik

Hi ladies,

Unfortunately I had BFN 2 weeks ago - this was a FET, where our only chromosomally normal (PGS tested) hatching blastocyst was transferred. We don't know why it failed, given that I'd also had the ERA, which showed my endometrium as receptive.

Anyway, my question is, for anyone else who has been in a similar position in the past, how long after the negative FET did you wait to go ahead and do a fresh stims cycle...? Bearing in mind my last fresh stims cycle was June last year, so some time ago. My clinic say I can start my stim meds on my next period - I had a bleed a few days after my negative result and so my next period is due in just under 3 weeks.  Is this too soon? Or is the progynova and ultragest completely out of my system by then? If you did the fresh cycle on your first proper period after your failed cycle, did you get a reasonable amount of eggs / embryos? Did you get a BFP?  Lots of questions, sorry - keen to go ahead asap due to my age but don't want to ruin my chances if it's too soon after stopping estrogen / progesterone.  ???

I hope this makes sense. Would value as many opinions as possible from those who have been in a similar position.

Thanks  :) xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline kittykat76

Sorry to hear about your BFN,it's always so hard seeing a negative result. I would just start fresh asap, I have done a couple of times after a medicated FET and it's fine,didn't affect egg numbers at all and I think the drugs will be out of your system pretty fast after stop them. I am currently in 2ww after my FET on Weds with one of my PGS embies. Also look into immunes,I have high nk cells,TNF, low progesterone and am trying a new set of drugs to try and hold onto this one if it gets that far

Offline kittykat76

Ps have you considered having a scratch??

You should investigate why it failed. Do you have immune issues?maybe the embryo's mitochondria wasnt strong in order for it to thrive.