* Author Topic: Six week scan no foetal pole HELP!!!  (Read 237 times)

0 Members

Offline Bug1402

• Un-Ranked
modify
Six week scan no foetal pole HELP!!!
« on: 17/02/17, 10:20 »
So I had my six week scan on Wednesday (15/02/17) and it's not what we were expecting, they can see the amniotic sack and the yolk but the scan is inconclusive as they can't locate the foetal pole so we have to be rescanned next week. If it's the same next week it is likely i have miscarried but we've been told this isn't uncommon so trying to stay positive. Has this happened to any of you guys? Just looking for a glimmer of hope!
Xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Online bundles

• Site Management
    • Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so ! D.Adams
    modify
    « Reply #1 on: 17/02/17, 11:10 »
    Hi Honey  ^hugme^

I seem to remember most clinics not wanting to scan before 7wks as it can often be inconclusive. Really hope this is the case for you & there will be more to see next week. I think there is also a thread somewhere all about early scans, although it may have been merged with this one:

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=347892.1120

Either way why not post. I'm sure some of the lovely ladies can help  ^hugme^

xx

Offline Blondie71

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 17/02/17, 12:09 »
    6 weeks 5 days before foetal poles were detected in mine and that was a re-scan too, I was told the same prepare for nothing but there was heartbeats and all by then. Hard as it is keep calm and hang in there!!  ^pray^

Offline water-lily78

modify
    « Reply #3 on: 17/02/17, 15:59 »
    As Bundles says, my clinic has also an absolut minimum at 7w0d as scans before that have a too high likelihood to be inconclusive and just do more harm than good. So hang in there and try to stay positive!  ^hugme^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal