* Author Topic: A day of tears and tantrums- Looking for positive stories!!  (Read 1253 times)

0 Members

Offline MrsWils

• Un-Ranked
Hi all,

Well today has been a tears and tantrum day for me unfortunately. I went for my CD10 scan today on my first cycle of 50mg Chlomid and it showed the Chlomid hasn't done anything. Womb lining was 4mm and a bunch of small follicles ranging 3-6mm. They would of liked to seen a much thicker womb lining ( my final scan in previous cycle without clomid it was 8.5) and a dominant and much larger follicle. They have asked me to go back for another scan on Thursday so they can see where I am at - From there they will discuss options, which i presume means increase dosage. They ran tracking on one of my natural cycles in December and sadly todays scan showed exactly what they saw in that original cycle. Weirdly on my previous natural cycle tracking on the second scan is showed that womb lining and folicles had actually decreased so it will be interesting to see what happens on Thursday.

It seems my problem is that I just don't ovulate. My cycles are normally around 43 days but of course the period I needed to start the chloride was 73 days!!  ^idiot^ ;D

I'd really love to hear from anyone who perhaps didn't respond to initial dosage and how they got on?

XXX

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline stelmat

Sorry you are having a tough day.

Not quite the same, I started on 100mg clomid and on my CD10 scan I also had shown no response, however when they rescaned me the following week I had grown a follicle and I did end up ovulating from that cycle, just later on.  So will be interesting to see if you have responded by your next scan.  I did 7 clomid cycles and ovulated between CD17 and CD24.

I have a friend who has had failed to ovulate on clomid doses 50, 100, 150 and 200 and she is just about to start letrozole and is hoping for more success with that, so don't despair there are other options out there.

Offline MrsWils

• Un-Ranked
    Thank you Stelmat!

Some days it just seems tougher than others hey! That gives me some hope that maybe next week won't be a complete disappointment!!

How are you getting on? Xx

Offline stelmat

My 7th clomid cycle was a success and I'm 29 weeks today, really excited and loving feeling all the kicks.  My successful cycle was 125 clomid on days 3-7, I ovulated on CD17.

I was quite down after our first scan, I was so desperate to have seen something positive it is a real kick in the teeth when there is nothing there.  They were very non committal with what they said but by the next scan there was a clear follicle that they said should pop out an egg within 4 days of the second scan.  That was a much more cheering thing to hear.  I hope yours is the same!

Online Franny80

Try not to feel too upset about it. I know it's hard when you're desperate for it to work, but you are still early in your cycle. This cycle I had a scan at CD 13 and there was nothing going on. I went back a week later at CD 20 and I'd ovulated! I think with clomid it can all happen quite quickly.

And like Stelmat said, there are other drugs you can take to make you ovulate. I tried clomid a year ago and it didn't make me ovulate, but this time I'm doing it with Metformin to see if it's more effective. It's too early to tell just yet, but we'll see.

X

Offline MrsWils

• Un-Ranked
    Hello  :) Hope everyone has had a good weekend?

Stelmat- Thank you, exactly what I needed to hear! Congratulations to you- You must be SO excited :) Yes that is exactly what I am hoping to hear. Strangely since the scan I have had horrendous lower back pain so I'm hoping that means something is growing!!

Franny80- Oh thats really interesting, congratulations on getting the O! Hopefully you'll be getting your BFP shortly!! Is this your first cycle trying again?

xxx

Online Franny80

My first cycle after the miscarriage was 65 days as my hormones were a bit all over the place and I didn't actually ovulate. The next cycle was natural, and I ovulated on day 26. Then this cycle with clomid I ovulated on day 20. But that could be my natural cycle, it's hard to tell. i've got an appointment on wednesday to talk about maybe moving on to injectibles. One thing I have found really useful in regulating my cycle is Metformin and also adaptig my diet so it's less carb heavy and cutting out sugar. I've got slim PCOS but I still seem to have a problem with sugar. My cycles are still longer amd irregular but a lot better.

I think a lot of the time it's working out what works for you.

Good luck with the next scan. Keeping everything crossed for you

X

Offline MrsWils

• Un-Ranked
    Hi all,

Franny80- I am sorry to hear about your miscarriage- I cant imagine how devastating that must of been. I see that you are now starting injectables. A friend of mine used injectables and is due her twin girls next month so I hope it has a good outcome for you! How are you getting on?

Scan on Friday (CD16) was actually a bit better than I thought.  One folly 10.5mm on the left and 2 at 7mm on the right. Womb lining is now 6.3 too. I am going back for another scan tomorrow (CD 19) as they want to see me before ovulation. The nurse said that if it shows ovulation this month they will also monitor me next cycle to check its not a fluke or my body playing a poorly timed joke!! They are hesitant to increase dose if it is making me ovulate ( albeit very late in cycle) as it obviously drastically increases the chance of multiples. SO tomorrow we will hopefully know a bit more!

XXXX

Online Franny80

That's great news your scan on friday brought better news. Hopefully the scan tomorrow will be the 'you're ovulating in the next couple of days so start getting jiggy' scan!

I started the injectables on friday, and did another injection today. When you get over the needles and mixing the vials etc.. they aren't too bad. I don't seem to be having the hot flashes I did on clomid. It's good to hear they worked for your friend. Although I am slightly scared about twins! I've got a scan tomorrow on CD 8 to see if it's doing anything. Although, I'm not expecting a lot as I've only done two injections and it's a really low dose. Fingers crossed.

Thank you for your kind words about my miscarriage. It was really hard, but I have to hold to the positives, at least I know I can get pregnant.

x

Offline MrsWils

• Un-Ranked
    Hi Franny,

How did your scan go? Well I hope!

My scan yesterday went surprisingly well- I have a dominant folly!! It's 15mm currently and my lining is 8mm so I'm going back tomorrow to help them better predict ovulation and then the blood test.

Xxxx