* Author Topic: Hello I just joined Fertility Friends - Researching Stem Cell treatments  (Read 421 times)

0 Members

Offline ggm249

• Un-Ranked
Hello, I just joined this site and am very new to this - but I have been searching for any information on stem cell therapy or anyone who has tried it.  I'm 40, very low AMH / high FSH, irregular cycles, TTC for 2 years.
I'm seriously looking into going abroad somewhere for stem cell therapy.... preferably bone marrow derived.  I don't feel like it could do me much harm at this point and the cost would be similar to an attempt at IVF, which I am a very poor candidate for.  Did you know anything about it?  Has anyone tried it?  I've contacted Placidway, a medical travel company and found a clinic in Tijuana Mexico and one in Austria that does bone marrow derived stem cell treatment (injected into the ovaries.)  I was considering joining an ongoing clinical trial in the USA that is doing (as far as I can tell) the same thing - bone marrow derived stem cells injected into the ovarian tissue - but will cost about $27000 to join:  https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02696889  and so I'd rather travel abroad if another place was offering something similar for a lot less.

So does anyone out there know anything, has tried anything like this yet??
Thanks!!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline tily

Hi GM,

I'm watching this area with interest. I've diminished ovarian reserve but my last set of bloods are pushing me closer to POF. It's devastating..
    Best of luck with whatever treatment you decide and let us know how it goes. These new treatments are still very experimental so it's really hard to know. I made enquiries to some DOR trials and for all sorts of different reasons haven't progressed any of them - tbh I'm on the cusp of being kicked out of treatment so trying to keep cycling as much as I can for the moment!! Best of luck!!

Offline julesanne

• Un-Ranked
    Hi,

From my research there's the USA - OvaScience, and the other locations where there's trials taking place is a couple of clinics in Greece & one in Cyprus, possibly one in China. None in UK. Only one scientifically recorded healthy birth in the world. Its still relatively new without live birth statistics as yet, but sounds very hopeful.

Hello, I just joined this site and am very new to this - but I have been searching for any information on stem cell therapy or anyone who has tried it.  I'm 40, very low AMH / high FSH, irregular cycles, TTC for 2 years.
    I'm seriously looking into going abroad somewhere for stem cell therapy.... preferably bone marrow derived.  I don't feel like it could do me much harm at this point and the cost would be similar to an attempt at IVF, which I am a very poor candidate for.  Did you know anything about it?  Has anyone tried it?  I've contacted Placidway, a medical travel company and found a clinic in Tijuana Mexico and one in Austria that does bone marrow derived stem cell treatment (injected into the ovaries.)  I was considering joining an ongoing clinical trial in the USA that is doing (as far as I can tell) the same thing - bone marrow derived stem cells injected into the ovarian tissue - but will cost about $27000 to join:  https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02696889  and so I'd rather travel abroad if another place was offering something similar for a lot less.

So does anyone out there know anything, has tried anything like this yet??
    Thanks!!

Offline Deeosull

Hiya. Not sure if you are still looking but serum in Greece has just started using stem cell treatment. It is expensive but not even close to what they are charging in the States. I'll be undergoing the treatment as soon as my next cycle starts so any questions feel free to ask.

Offline Blondie71

• Gold Member
    Heard 4-5k for serum and it's definitely started so keep track of the threads for feedback

Offline tily

Hi Deeosull,

That's amazing that you are getting started with stem cell treatment in Serum.
    Would love to know how it all works. How long does it take? Do you cycle immediately afterwards?
    Are there any inclusion / exclusion criteria?

Offline Deeosull

Hi Tilly
    I'm in Athens as I type as had to dash here as my cycle started yesterday.  Serum use menstrual blood to harvest the stem cells which you collect by using a moon cup. It has to be worn for at least six hours before the appointment. It is then removed at the clinic, has to be done here as needs to be put straight into some form of culture so no posting over (sorry if tmi).  I've been told the appointment is only an hour at most but no other way unfortunately except to get here which is pretty stressful especially if like me cycles have decided to not play ball. I have been told that they'll cultivate the stem cells over the next 3-4  weeks, varies from person to person. I'll then have to come back for a laparoscopy to have the stem cells inserted back into my ovaries. I asked penny about cycling as well and she said that she would expect it to take between 1-3 months to work but she would hope that you wouldn't need further ivf as you should have younger healthier and more eggs/follicles if the treatment works. That's all the info I have for now but if you have any further questions feel free to ask 😀

Offline Deeosull

Should add I had cycles with penny previously but didn't work due to crappy ovarian reserve and only one shite egg. I did query my weight as I have put on loads, pretty much a stone for every round of ivf but she said it was fine, if anything she advised me not to lose a lot of weight as she has observed rapid weight loss can lead to a reduction in follicles.