Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Anyone in Suffolk / Norfolk (Suffolk Coastal, Waveney or South Norfolk)?

3K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  babyking 
#1 ·
Hi, was just wondering if any of you are local to me and going through similar journeys? My DH and I have had DE IVF in Spain via Bourne Hall in Colchester. We live in the lovely Suffolk Coastal area Would be good to hear from you.

#2 ·
Hi Emzy
I live in suffolk coastal and am planning treatment at IB in Alicante via BH Colchester.
Will pm you.
Kiz  xx

#4 ·
Hi everyone

I thought I would join this thread as I am in Beccles so Norfolk/Suffolk borders too.

I just can't seem to find a clinic up here anywhere apart from Bourn Hall(s) and I am not sure about using them.

Feel like I am torn between abroad or a London clinic!

So do Bourn Hall support cycles that are done abroad then? As I was thinking I would have to go to London for monitoring if I went abroad again.

Sorry for the ramble - think I am just excited to see someone around the same sort of area to check out logistics of clinics around here/London/abroad xx

#5 ·
Hi,

Recently joined FF and also live on Suffolk/Norfolk boarder.

We are about to embark on our IVF treatment - got phone call today from sub-fertility clinic at hospital, they’ve sent our referral off so we should hear within 2wks with our 1st appointments... OMG I’m so excited, scared and nervous (all at the same time), I could burst as I want to shout out from the roof tops, but at the same time I don’t (does that make sense??  Or am I just ^idiot^!!!!)

We’ve chosen the Norwich location to have our treatment, has anyone been there!! 
Any advice on what to expect with IVF, the injections, EC etc. would be great x

Many Thanks xx

#7 ·
Hi Babyking
Got seminar appointment Monday 2nd July (which is my Nan’s birthday ... she passed many years ago, so taking this as a good sign 🤞🏼).  The 1st consultant appointment is 26th July and from there it’s the nurse ... then things start rolling from there I guess!!
My BH and I have been TTC for 8yrs (just over) and this is the closest we’ve been xx

#8 ·
Hi everyone,

I thought I'd join in too as I also live on the Norfolk/Suffolk border in bungay and am a week into my down regulation of our first ICSI cycle (parter has v.low sperm count).
Is great to hear there are other people close by going through the same situation! Sometimes it feels like everyone else just gets pregnant willy nilly. I'm also a midwife so finding it particularly hard constantly being surrounded by lovely pregnant ladies.
Anyway, I just wanted to say we are having our treatment in London so have been travelling down for appointments and when it comes to the stimulation part of the cycle (should be mid to end of July) we have booked an air bnb so we can be closer to the clinic. They've told me I need to be seen daily as I'm higher risk of OHSS due to my age and hormone levels.
I did think that there was less choice regarding clinics in this area but saying that I have come across many people with successful stories from Bourn hall.
I'll keep you all updated on our journey if you're willing to listen [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 ·
Hi to you all and I wish you the best of luck.

I came to the end of my 2ww on 12th June got my 1st ever BFP. We were beyond overjoyed and while aware it was along road ahead of us we struggled to keep it quiet and unfortunately on Tuesday after my 1st scan I was rushed to hospital with an ectopic.....now very sad. But I finds myself back on here and not sure where my journey will take me next, its too early to say. I will keep you posted and I hope your journeys are going well xx

#10 ·
Babyking I’m so very sorry to hear your news, sending you gentle hugs  ^hugme^ xxx

#12 ·
Babyking, so sorry to hear your news. It must’ve been such a scary experience for you.
I can’t imagine how cruel it must feel to get your first ever BFP and have it taken away from you. I hope you’re looking after yourself and I look forward to hearing to hearing how you’re getting on xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#13 ·
Thanks to everyone for your replies, life goes on doesn't it and we are now trying to get back to some normality.
I would love to hear how you are all getting on so please share and don't be afraid of upsetting me if your news is positive, if yours is positive news then that gives me hope xx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.