* Author Topic: bilateral salpingectomy  (Read 6008 times)

0 Members

Offline buster24

• Gold Member
  • haha you cant change these 7s hehe
modify
bilateral salpingectomy
« on: 14/10/06, 08:33 »
hello was just wondering if any of you girls who have had a bilateral salpingectomy... how long were you off work after the operation??? i have heard so many different opinions from 1 week to 8 weeks. so just thought i would ask the experts??? ;D ;D ;D
i am going in on the 26th hooray at last, but really dont want to have to much time off

Offline fluffyhelen9999

• Gold Member
modify
Re: bilateral salpingectomy
« Reply #1 on: 14/10/06, 15:00 »
Hiya buster  :)

Although i only had 1 tube out rather than the 2, the recovery time would have been the same... I'd say in about a week you'ld feel prefectly fine to work again... however, just to be safe, and to have a little bit of you time, get signed off for 2 weeks!

Helen xx

Offline buster24

• Gold Member
  • haha you cant change these 7s hehe
modify
« Reply #2 on: 14/10/06, 16:47 »
hi hellon thanks for reply, the Dr i seen said its going to be a bit more complicated and he thought i would need about six weeks, where as i was thinking along the lines of 3 weeks max. so just thought i would see what time other girls had off. maybe its because of the type of job i do he is saying that. As a surgical/ emergency recieving nurse its a very heavy job, losts of lifting and alot of stress. and there is know way you could take it easy, you need to be pulling your weight. so maybe thats why he said so long. But fingers crossed it will only be 2-3 :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Offline pooks

• Gold Member
  • my little miracle
modify
« Reply #3 on: 14/10/06, 18:03 »
Hi buster,

Are you having a laparoscopy or a laparotomy? I think that helen is right, if keyhole, 2 weeks would be sufficient, but if it is open surgery then my cons said 6 weeks (would have thought they would do it by keyhole though?).

Wow, the 26th is so soon, I bet you are so excited!! Then onwards and upwards!!!  ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^

Take care hun,

Pooks xx  :)

Offline fluffyhelen9999

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #4 on: 14/10/06, 20:19 »
 ;D  Can't personally see how you'ld need anywhere near 6 weeks off if he does do it by keyhole - but then if you fancy the time off anyway and he'll sign you off for that long then make the most out of it... ;) 

think sometimes they just over estimate the time off to be on the safe side but even if you was a labourer I'd see no reason not to go back after 2 weeks.  Recovery time would have been no different for me if I'd have had both tubes taken plus I had all the extra adhesions etc cut away, bowels moved and tube cut from that too which is meant to make things more complicated.  Does sound like maybe he was preparing you for the possibility of having open surgery???

H xx

Offline noodle

• Gold Member
  • Esperance, Eastbourne
modify
« Reply #5 on: 21/10/06, 22:39 »
Hiya Buster,

Good luck with the op honey, hope it all goes well for you. When I had both my tubes removed it was open surgery so I was off work for a total of 7 weeks! But again it depends on what is being done in there. I had both tubes removed & scar tissue/adhesions cut or burnt away also.....

I wish you the best of luck & a speedy recovery

noodle xxx

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal