* Author Topic: Passing large blood clots at 12 weeks pregnant - help!  (Read 3269 times)

Offline wildcat

• Never never never give up......
  • Gold Member
  • My girls - Faith and Emily
    • Maybe Baby - my blog...
I had my 12 week scan yesterday (12+4) and everything was deemed to be ok with the baby (who is 66mm and dated at 13+2!).

My problem is that I've had 3 red bleeds in the last week, and last night when I went for a wee I passed a rather large clot of what I think was blood - it was approx 2 inches squeare in size - somewhat alarming!

What I'd like to know is, what is this clot likely to be? I'm worried of course that it's part of the placenta, or is it more likely to be a build up of uterine lining?

Thank you.

Offline emilycaitlin

• FF Midwife
  • Volunteer
Hi,

It's hard to say without seeing it, but you need to get seen as quickly as possible, as large clots are of concern.  Give your emergency gp a ring if you haven't already, and ask to be sen.  They will probably refer you to a gynae assessment unit.

Let me know how you get on,

emilycaitlin xx

Offline wildcat

• Gold Member
Thanks Emily - My midwife has booked me for another scan tomorrow morning, so I'm hoping all is OK. It's all very scary this being pregnant! I thought getting pregnant was the hard part!

Offline emilycaitlin

• FF Midwife
  • Volunteer
Hi,

I will be thinking of you, let me know how you get on xxx

Offline wildcat

• Gold Member
Hi Emily

Just a folloow up to let you and other readers know what happened today.

I went for another scan at the EPU and bubs is fine! they said that the clot was likely to be a pooling of blood where I was perhaps lead down (I've been resting a lot on the sofa since the start of the bleeding a week ago as instructed!).

Thankfully the bleeding is not in the area where the baby is and be/she is just fine bouncing away in the sac!

I am so relieved - this is such a scary time.

Thank you SO MUCH for your support - you do a wonderful job on here, what would we do without you?? xxxx

Offline emilycaitlin

• FF Midwife
  • Volunteer
That's wonderful news!!!  I'm really releived for you.  I must admit, I was quite concerned when you posted yesterday, but that is really good news!

Now make sure you behave for the rest of your pregnancy!! ;D

Offline wildcat

• Gold Member
I'll do my best - I'm not sure my body will isten though! I'm lucky I'm not working right now (self employed and taking time out) so I can take it easy, but my body seems to do what it wants and it's not always complying with my wishes!

Thanks again  :)

Offline Pilchardcat

• Dreams Do Come True !
  • Former Admin
  • Never felt more blessed then I do now....
Wildcat, that's great news :)  Rest easy and hope the remainder of your pregnancy is worry free and you can enjoy it :)

Amanda x

Offline wildcat

• Gold Member
I am posting back on this thread as I'm now at 16 weeks and STILL bleeding! I've had a few scans and all seems ok with the baby but last night it got heavier ad the clots are back. 

I'm going to get another scan on Monday at the EPU and see a consultant on Wednesday but I'm still worried that this much bleeding and for this long can't be good.

I counted the days - I've been bleeding now for 32 days! Have you ever had other ladies who have experienced the same and been ok?

Offline oink

• FF Midwife
  • VIP Member Sponsor
  • happy days!!
Hi, some ladies I know have bled on and off throughout their pregnancy and have continued their pregnancy to full term. I'm sure you know that there are different stories than that but as your baby has held on for this long hopefully he/she is strong enough to carry on to term.

I know you want a definate answer, as I would too but I'm sure you know some things can't be predicted.

I'm sorry not to be able to tell you that everything will be fine but as long as you follow the advice given to you by your midwife and doctors, you can't do any more. You are providing your baby with a lovely environment to live in and I really do hope that everything is fine.

Take care x

* Search

Free Butterfly PIN

Everyone who donates, gets a free discrete butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

Butterfly Pin

Recent Topics

Amazon top seller!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal