* Author Topic: Birthclub - August-September - 2005 - Part 2  (Read 12449 times)

0 Members

Offline Keri

• Gold Member
  • My boys = my world
modify
Re: Birthclub - August-September - 2005 - Part 2
« Reply #220 on: 31/05/07, 20:05 »
oooo meant to say........

Have the dentist with brody tomorrow, how the heck am I going to get him to open his mouth!!???

have any of you took your bubba's to the dentist yet?

Keri xx

Offline S4rah

• Gold Member
  • my family
modify
« Reply #221 on: 31/05/07, 20:14 »
Hi Keri

what a sad time this is for you..hope it all goes ok tomorrow, i'm sure you will all be a great support for each other and your friends dh and ds  ^Cuddle^

Thomas has been to the dentist twice, just as a tag on to dh's appointments, the first time she didn't really even want to look in his mouth just talked to him and had a quick look when she could...the second time every time she put her hand near him he just clamped his mouth shut, even with me and dh both stood there with our mouths wide open  ^idiot^ ;D...so no advice really, just think they will get used to it with time....good luck

Sarah
xx

ps had to take Thomas to hospital this afternoon because he got his thumb shut in a fire door, it cut the top and underside of his thumb and it was sooooo swollen, he cried so much it was horrible, by the time we got to hosp he seemed better but thought may as well get it checked, after an hour wait they took less than a minute to say all was ok thank goodness poor little boy

xx

Offline HelenLo

• VIP Member Sponsor
  • Cameron playing Daddy :o)
modify
« Reply #222 on: 31/05/07, 20:45 »
Keri, sounds like he's a very brave man and trying to keep things as normal as possible for the little one. I can't imagine being in that situation, I take my hat off to him. Hope everything is ok tomorrow, I bet it will feel very weird not having your friend there  :'(
Cam had his first 'proper' dentist appointment 6 months ago (we're all due checkups now), all he really did was get him to giggle and count his teeth  ;D

Julia, hope you're hanging in there hun  ???

Sarah, poor Thomas  :-\ hope his little thumb is better soon, bless him I bet that really hurt  ^eyes^ Glad he hasn't done too much damage.

Dawn, hehehe at Vinny's squeaky shoes  ^evil^ That woman sounds very coniving, fancy ringing you with a different number. You're best off out of it, she needs the professionals.

Shelley, hope you're ok and feeling a bit more yourself  :)

Natt,  :P

Kel, how's it going hun? Not long now!

Hello to anyone I missed  ;D

Our news is: Graham has applied for a job in Gibraltar  :o  We have a friend who works out there for a very good company and they have a good job going. I doubt anything will come of it, but you never know  ;)

I better get back to it, got an assignment due in on Tuesday  :-\

Love to all,
Helen xx

Offline Kelly1

• VIP Member Sponsor
  • Holly Grace & Toby Jack
modify
« Reply #223 on: 1/06/07, 14:24 »
Hi Girls

Keri- so sorry to hear about your friend.  Hope you are o.k tomorrow, i am sure the little ones will make things that little bit more easy for you all.  Not taken hols to dentist but reckon there would be no chance of letting dentist near her let alone looking in her mouth, reckon this will have to wait for a good few more months if not even a year!!

Natt-  Sounds like you had great trip and how fab that coincided with meet up. 

Julia-  Sorry to hear you feeling a bit down.  I sure it dosn't help having to keep things to do to the minimum that combined with crazy hormones...  Big hugs  ^hugme^ ^hugme^  Hope the Braxton Hicks have calmed down for you and bubs nestles in for a few more weeks yet.  How long you got to go??

Helen-  wow gibraltar!!  V. exciting.

Sarah- hope thomas's thumb is better, poor thing!!

Mish- hope you feeling a bit better hun.

Just a quick one to catch up.
Glad you all had a good meet up and the weather really kind to you all.  It was great to see the piccies and put faces to names :-)  Sorry couldn't meet you all.

We had a really good holiday and was surprisingly really relaxing and chilled (was expecting to be bit stressful with travelling/sleeping arrangements etc)..  We stayed in caravan in Poole and had such a fab time, loads to do non-stop activities and weather was great for us as well!!

All is well here, just a bit manic as trying to sort out house-move which is planned for next wednesday, only found out yesterday so less than a week to get organised!!
I am well and have just over 6wks till due date of 15th July.  It would be really nice to be in new house before bubs arrives!!

Right best get on and do some more organising.  Hello and lots of love to all.

Love
Kel
xxx

Offline Keri

• Gold Member
  • My boys = my world
modify
« Reply #224 on: 2/06/07, 19:54 »
Hi all

Kel~ Good luck with the house move hun, can't believe you only have a few weeks left to D day, take it easy on wednesday and just make coffee/tea/juice etc and point and shout "that way, this way" a lot!

Helen~oooooo Gibraltar, how exciting if it happens hun, good luck to Graham!

Mish~ Ta hun for your text on friday xx

Sarah~ ouch, hope Thomas is ok now and that it's not still hurting

The dentist went sort of ok but brody ended up crying and then having his teeth counted etc!  Got a nice badge and stuff though for going, bless him

Baby group was so hard on friday, our friends Dh and Ds came with her sister for support and my god, he's such a brave man, he held it together the whole 2 hours we were with him and talked about her non stop.  We all shed a tear here and there but hopefully when he didn't see us, as we wanted to support him as much as we could.  Everyone is in shock still and I think it's finally hitting me now that she has gone, i can't seem to stop  :'( and little things start me off again.  Their Ds seems to be coping well too, although he has had them all in tears when he reaches out to a photo of Jo and goes "mommy" and kisses photos of her. 

Ta for all your kind words

Keri xx

Love to all not mentioned xx

Offline S4rah

• Gold Member
  • my family
modify
« Reply #225 on: 5/06/07, 10:12 »
Hello everyone

you're all quiet at the moment

Natt - hope you got home ok, bet Michael was pleased to see you

Helen - wow Gibraltar, that sounds interesting...I presume you would all move out there if Graham gets the job?

Keri - glad that Friday went as well as could be expected, sounds as if everyone was very brave

Kel - good to hear from you and glad you had a good holiday...I can't believe how quickly your pg has gone...does it seem quick for you too?

Hello Mish, Julia, Dawn and everyone I have missed, hope you are all ok

No real news here, Ashley is being Christened on 17th and I bought my 3rd outfit for it yesterday  ;D  still need shoes though!!  Thomas is fine after his trip to a&e, he just seems to be in the wars a lot at the moment

speak soon

Sarah
xx

Offline NattKatt

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
« Reply #226 on: 5/06/07, 17:40 »
Hiya Girlies

It's 240am here, and I can't sleep!  Jetlag seems so much worse in this direction, but at least I don't feel ill like in Germany.  Miss Maygan is making things very difficult by waking up through the night shouting out "hop out" "up" because it IS daytime you know!!

At the moment I'm ignoring her and hoping she'll go back to sleep.... trying music and leaving my light on, as she cries when I turn it off.  The last 3 nights I've just had her in bed with me after she wakes in the middle of the night, but I want to break that before it becomes a habit for her!  She annoys me no end in bed with me anyway - she pokes and kicks and hogs the whole bed!

Our new kitchen still isn't installed yet, so that's making things very difficult!  Nowhere to cook etc.... hopefully by Saturday!  We have no cupboards now either as they tore them out last night!!

Hope you're all well.  Will try and catch up on personals soon!

Love to all, and a massive hug to Keri

~Natt~

Offline HelenLo

• VIP Member Sponsor
  • Cameron playing Daddy :o)
modify
« Reply #227 on: 5/06/07, 18:41 »
yayy Natt, glad you're home safe and well.
Poor you getting jet lag both ways  ^eyes^
I think hogging the bed is a girl thing  ;D I do it and so does Victoria, she's a real nightmare if she is ill and has to come in with me.
Cameron is a little angel when he is poorly and comes in, he doesn't move all night  :)

Hope your kitchen is in soon, it'll be lovely when it's done....pics!  ;D

Sarah,  ;D at the outfits. I've got a wedding coming up and usually end up with a few outfits by the actual day.

Shelley, you ok hun?

Kel, good luck with the move, I bet you can't wait. How lovely to be all settled before bubs comes. Yikes! not long now...

Keri, hope you're ok hun.

Hello to Dawn, Julia and everyone else.

No news on Gibraltar yet  ???
We're off to London on Fri night to see Spamalot, not really my thing, but Graham will really enjoy it. In-laws are babysitting and we're staying in London for the night so we're planning on going to China Town for a nice meal. The children love having Nana and Grandad down so they are excited  ;D No doubt I'll be on the phone several times to make sure Cam is ok. I know Victoria will be, but he's been a bit clingy lately. No doubt he'll be fine.

Love to all,
Helen

Offline Mish3434

• Owned By A Butterfly Eating Kitty
  • VIP Member Sponsor
  • Renesmee and Jake :o) x
modify
« Reply #228 on: 6/06/07, 19:30 »
hello All  :)

Kel, Sounds like you had a lovely time on holiday, i bet it was lovely to chill out before the move and the new arrival.  Good luck with your move next week hun, i really don't envy you, i hate moving at the best of times.  Make sure you shout your orders nice and loud  ;D Wow you are almost 35 weeks gone, it seems to have gone quite quick.  Was Holly late, i seem to remember her being a bit like Caitlin, in no rush to join us  ;D

Julia,  Hope you are resting up hun and making the most of the help you have got.  I always worry when you go quiet!  Are you all ready for your new arrival?  I bet Vivian will love being a big sister. 

Natt, Glad you got home safely.  Did I wake you with my text the other night  :-[ I felt awful when you said you kept waking up.  SORRY  :-* .  I bet you are loving being back home.  When do you see Michael again?  I thought your kitchen was going to be done by the time you got home??  Naughty workment  ^bigbad^

Keri,  Glad Friday went ok.  I couldn't of been easy for any of you.  I take my hat off to her DH it must be so hard for him having to keep a check on his emotions because of the little one  :'( .  Well have you had your surge yet this month?

Sarah,  I love Christenings, i bet you can't wait  :) .  3 outfits my DH would go mad  ;D .  Whats Ashleys Christening outfit like?  Sorry to hear about Thomas's little accident, its so scary when something happens to them  :-*

Helen,  Spamalot DH wants to see it so I'm going to surprise him when his Mum comes for a visit and take him.  I'm also in London on Friday night seeing Dirty Dancing, soooo excited even more than I was, when i was seeing Robbie  ;D We are going for a meal first in the Sarastro Restaurant and I'm looking forward to that too (can you tell I dont get out much  ^roflmao^ ) .  When will you find out about DH's job then?

Dawn,  Hope you are okay? have Vinny's shoes drove you mad yet?  ;D I would be tempted to just ignore your mobile or even change the number! You have enough on your plate at the moment

Sorry I have been so quiet.  I'm just totally shattered and feeling a bit blue, my mate's husband has recently walked out on her telling her he just doesn't love her anymore, but they have a 2 1/2 year old son and she is 13 weeks pg.  It really has affected me quite badly, its probably just my pg hormones but each time i see her little boy in the garden i just feel like crying, its the same when i see her, i just want to hug her and make it all better for her, but i obviously can't make it better.  To make it worse she has had an eviction notice already so is getting ready to move back down south to her parents, it all just seems so final!!  Sorry to offload here but my DH tells me not to get too involved but i find it hard not to feel her pain at the moment

Anyway I'm off to Manchester on a course for a week, so maybe the break will do me good, i will miss DH and DD like mad but should be good to get away from it all!

I've added the photos from the meet to my gallery, there is a new folder called Augsep05meetmay07 enjoy xx

Love Shelley x

Offline Keri

• Gold Member
  • My boys = my world
modify
« Reply #229 on: 8/06/07, 20:11 »
Hi all

Natt~ Glad to hear you are back home safely, is Michael with you yet?  Brody likes to move around a lot when in bed with us (not that it happens much).  Hope maygan gets back into a pattern of sleeping through again soon.  Now you're home, when do you start tx again?  Hope your kitchen is up and running again soon xx

Mish~ So your friend's dh hasn't decided to stay then?  What a pig, can't believe he's left her like that.  Hope your course goes well and that it helps being away from home.  :)  I think I've ovulated this week so fingers crossed xx  Photos in the gallery look fab hun, ta for doing that xx

Dawn~ you ok hun?

Julia~ Hope you are still pg and haven't given birth on us just yet hun, cause you've gone awfully quiet!

Helen~ Hope you have a good night then in London and Cam's ok with nanny and gamps  xx

Sarah~  ;D at the 3rd outfit, is that it or will there be a 4th?  ;D  Hope it all goes well, what a nice fathers day present too

We've had a lovely holiday in Wales this week, weather was absolutely gorg, so hot and caravan was lovely too.  Brody was chuffed as he could reach all the door handles (which he couldn't do at home) so was in and out all the rooms all the time, having the time of his life!  We've got home today and think he's had a growth spurt too cause he can reach the door handles at home and at my parents now, oh heck!  No containing him now!!!  He hated the sand though and refused to come off our picnic blanket unless it was hard wet sand! lil monkey

Think I've ovulated again this week so it's been a case of "don't come a knocking if this van's a rocking!"  ;D

Was able to make it to baby group today and it was lovely to see our friends DH again with his son.  Funeral is on tuesday, god it's going to be so hard too, and it's a burial too (neither way is nice but I always think a burial's so much harder) but hey ho.  DH is coming with me for support, don't know what I'd do without him

Had brody weighed today and somehow he's managed to put on a lb, even though he's not been eating much.  was in tears at group (with HV, away from friends DH, felt stupid for crying bout it!) as he's just not willing to eat new things or even try them so am now going to do a food diary at her suggestion and will take it from there.  Any suggestions for good try-able foods to get him interested?

Anyway, enough waffle!  Love to all

Keri xx

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal