Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Original Wales Thread Part 1

24K views 87 replies 13 participants last post by  Debz6 
#1 ·
Hi all :)

Been looking at meet ups and there seems to be none for Wales, even though I know theres a few of us on FF.  ;D

It would be great to chat for those, pre and post treatment.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Hayley x

#2 ·
Hello,

I am - just outside Swansea. We are attending the Cromwell clinic!

Where did you have your treatment?

Carrie

#3 ·
Hayley i guess it would depend on where abouts in Wales, there is a few in north Wales Angelsey way and a new ish one that is meeting up nearer border of england near chester. As for south Wales am sure there is some down there aswell.
hope u find one
lol
Lou x

#4 ·
Hi :)

Cax - I live in Neath and we had tx at the Cromwell too, we were so lucky to have BFP 1st time and have beautiful Iestyn who makes it all worthwhile.  When do you think you'll be starting tx this year?

Lou - I'm South Wales, it takes me about 3 hours to get to Welshpool!

Hayley

#5 ·
Redhay,

What a beautiful son!

I am over the mountain to you - Ystalyfera! actually - I am a londoner living there and I love it!

#6 ·
Cax - It is a very small world indeed, my DH is from Ystradgynais, all our friends and family are from that area. ;D 

Good luck with the tx for this year  ^goodluck^

Hayley

#7 ·
P'nawn da!

I live in Mid Wales, on the border with England.  I'm currently seeing a consultant at Hereford Hospital.  We've been ttc for 4(ish) years and our next appointment is in May and I think its time to bite the bullet and apply for funding for whatever we decide to do, I don't know how that works with been Welsh, living in Wales but having treatment etc in England?  Does anyone have any experience?  I always thought we'd never get to that stage so never explored it.

Redhay, your little boy is gorgeous!!

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

Love Em

#8 ·
Hi Em,

Dont know much about the funding thing sorry, but welcome and good luck with any treatment you decide to have, I think that it does'nt matter if you need a little hand to have a baby, they are so wanted and loved.  Keep chasing your dream they really do come true. ^babycrawl^

Hayley

#9 ·
Im from Brecon in Mid Wales. We were having treatment at the LWC in Cardiff.

#10 ·
Hi Girlie

Brecon is about half an hour away from me, we ought to arrange to meet up for us Wales girls!

Good luck.

Em

#11 ·
Oh Emz,

Yes please, I'd love a meet up, if you dont mind.  I know how I felt before Iestyn was born, I was'nt a huge fan of being around new mothers  ^eyes^ But I have been there, playing the waiting game.  :'(

Girlie - Good luck with you treatment x x

Hayley

#12 ·
Hi, I am a Suffolk girl now living in Penllegaer, embarking on our first treatment next month in Sheffield.. so all this is completely new to me. ^wave^ just wanted to to say hi to everyone!

#13 ·
Hi Debz - Penllegaer, only 2 M4 junctions away!

When are you starting you treatment?  What are you having?  I had my 1st ICSI last May and the result is baby Iestyn, (we were very, very lucky).  But we could be a great support for each other on this thread, giving tips and just general chit chat.

Oh I'm excited there seems to be few popping up now, we're forming a little group!

Hayley

#14 ·
Hi Redhay

Firstly congrats on your little miracle.....  :)  Ystradgynais is not far away, infact we are looking to buy a house out towards that way (pending one turns up of course) I am still struggling with the Welsh pronunciations ! ;D but I have not lived here long, thats my excuse anyway!!

We are having IVF in Sheffield after trying ttc for 2.5 years. I go and collect my bag of goodies and have my injection training on 15th March, so shortly after then it should all begin! - all very scary stuff.....and I am getting very nervous about it all.

Any tips would be gratefully received!?

I have been popping on and off these message boards for a little while now, and thought I should be brave and post something!!

Debz

#16 ·
Debz,

We live in Ystalyfera - beautiful - there are 5 pubs in the village, post office, spa, and Grandmas kitchen an organic market! I love it here!

Good luck house hunting!

#17 ·
Hi :)

I'm in Cardiff.  Had treatment at the Cardiff Assisted Reproduction Unit (CARU) at the University Hospital of Wales.

Will catch up with you all properly later - in work at the mo  ;)

Love
Jayne x

#18 ·
Hi Caz

Spooky I have just been to Tesco @ Fforestfach!

How did we end up in Sheffield? - well to cut a long story short, we went to the ARGC last Nov and when the consultant went through the costs I nearly fell off my chair! - anyway that's another story my thoughts on the ARGC.

So coming away from ARGC feeling very disappointed and confused I spoke to a friend who lives in Sheffield as they had treatment at the Jessops successfully and recommended them. I took a look at their web site and spoke to them on the phone and decided to get my consultant to refer me to them, it only took about 3 weeks for an appointment to come through. Plus I can stay at my friends house whilst I have to have scans etc, so it all made good financial sense, especially as they had already been through the process. Their success rates was higher than the Cromwell for my age group, so that's why we decided on driving 4 hrs each way! - mad eh!!!...

Ystalyfera is on our list of places that we are considering, along with Seven Sisters.... the trouble is when you are new to a place it's difficult to know what is a good or bad area. We have until the end of June to get something, so hopefully a few more houses will come on the market in March (Ooo just realised it's March tomorrow!)  ^idiot^

Debs

#19 ·
Debs,

Personally speaking and coming from London - best way to find a nice area is to check out their local pubs! thats what we did and fell in love with our local boozer then found the house - classy eh! hahahahaha

Keep in touch and best of luck with everything and if we have a meet up I would be more than happy to meet everyone, babes, bumps or booze!

Carrie

#20 ·
OH Carrie - I like the thought of Booze!  I feel like I'm tea total at the moment as I'm Breast feeding, (do have one now and again, but have'nt felt tipsy since last April).  When I was doing DRerring injection in the back of my car in a friends wedding!  If anyone saw me they would have thought I was a drug addict  ^drink^

Debz - I'll give some tips as time goes on, but Zita West has a good book on iVF and Fertility.  One thing she recommends is 2 days Bed Rest after Egg transfer, which I did, (well sofa rest), only moving to pee.   Stay positive and think of it as your journey to get your precious baby  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Hi Jayne - What stage are you at in you treatment?  Good luck  ^reiki^ ^reiki^  (OH, Sorry just seen your 2 boys, how handsome!)

Hayley

#21 ·
Carrie

The booze sounds good to me  ^drink^ although I don't tend to drink much during the week thesedays, since quitting smoking I have put on a stone.....and alcohol is a demon weight put on for me!.. but when the weekend comes!  ;D

Hayley - Thanks for the tip with the book I will have to take a peek at that one if DP lets me buy it! I am not working at the moment so financially in his hands!  ^tantrum^

Jayne - What a couple of beautiful boys you have there :)

If you don't mind me asking, how old is everyone here?

Debs

#22 ·
Debs - I'm 29, we knew we'd have fertility probs early on so decided that our chances were higher the younger we were.  Thought it would take 2-3 attempts, but lucky to work 1st time with 4 frozen embryos.  I did'nt buy Zita Wests book just took tips from others who had it on FF.  Good luck with the house hunting x

Hayley

#23 ·
Happy St Davids Day to you all for tomorrow!  I can't believe its the 1st March tomorrow!!!

Debs - I'm 26.  My lovely other half Steve is 34.  We've been together eight years this year.

There seems to be more of us Welsh girls on here than I thought!  We'll definately have to meet up, are we all from Mid Wales down?

#24 ·
Debs
Im 36 (37 on sat!) my dh is 43 been married for 2 years. He had failed vasectomy reversal last year and we've had 1 icsi cycle which was a BFN. am now having 6 month break to decide what to do as have high FSH levels and have been advised to try donor eggs. Would love to meet up with everyone!

#25 ·
Hi all,

I am 31 on the 1st April and hubby is 33! we have been together for 9 years this year, married 3 and ttc for 3!

We are in the "unknown" category, personally I think hubbies swimmers are not great as we have had a couple of samples one being good, the other bad etc, etc. We did manage a pregnancy and our beautiful boy was born sleeping at 38 weeks. Personally - I did not get the care I should have when I went into labour - but that is another story!

Anyway - here we are trying ICSI with Egg share at the Cromwell in Swansea and we are so, so excited!

I would love a meet up too!

#26 ·
Hi,

I'm from Neath and had tx at the Cromwell, Swansea last Aug. 

Happy St David's Day everyone!

Lou x

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.