* Author Topic: Original Wales Thread Part 1  (Read 20808 times)

0 Members

Offline REDHAY

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
Re: Anyone from Wales?
« Reply #10 on: 27/02/07, 21:04 »
Oh Emz,

Yes please, I'd love a meet up, if you dont mind.  I know how I felt before Iestyn was born, I was'nt a huge fan of being around new mothers  ^eyes^ But I have been there, playing the waiting game.  :'(

Girlie - Good luck with you treatment x x

Hayley

Offline Debz1965

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #11 on: 27/02/07, 21:24 »
Hi, I am a Suffolk girl now living in Penllegaer, embarking on our first treatment next month in Sheffield.. so all this is completely new to me. ^wave^ just wanted to to say hi to everyone!

Offline REDHAY

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
« Reply #12 on: 28/02/07, 11:21 »

Hi Debz - Penllegaer, only 2 M4 junctions away!

When are you starting you treatment?  What are you having?  I had my 1st ICSI last May and the result is baby Iestyn, (we were very, very lucky).  But we could be a great support for each other on this thread, giving tips and just general chit chat.

Oh I'm excited there seems to be few popping up now, we're forming a little group!

Hayley

Offline Debz1965

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #13 on: 28/02/07, 14:36 »
Hi Redhay

Firstly congrats on your little miracle.....  :)  Ystradgynais is not far away, infact we are looking to buy a house out towards that way (pending one turns up of course) I am still struggling with the Welsh pronunciations ! ;D but I have not lived here long, thats my excuse anyway!!

We are having IVF in Sheffield after trying ttc for 2.5 years. I go and collect my bag of goodies and have my injection training on 15th March, so shortly after then it should all begin! - all very scary stuff.....and I am getting very nervous about it all.

Any tips would be gratefully received!?

I have been popping on and off these message boards for a little while now, and thought I should be brave and post something!!

Debz

Offline caz nox

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #14 on: 28/02/07, 14:40 »
Hello,

hahaha - I work in Fforestfach! just round the corner!

Debz - how come sheffield?

Offline caz nox

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #15 on: 28/02/07, 14:43 »
Debz,

We live in Ystalyfera - beautiful - there are 5 pubs in the village, post office, spa, and Grandmas kitchen an organic market! I love it here!

Good luck house hunting!

Offline Jayne

• A Dream is a Wish Waiting to Come True
  • Former Admin
modify
« Reply #16 on: 28/02/07, 14:45 »
Hi :)

I'm in Cardiff.  Had treatment at the Cardiff Assisted Reproduction Unit (CARU) at the University Hospital of Wales.

Will catch up with you all properly later - in work at the mo  ;)

Love
Jayne x

Offline Debz1965

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #17 on: 28/02/07, 15:43 »
Hi Caz

Spooky I have just been to Tesco @ Fforestfach!

How did we end up in Sheffield? - well to cut a long story short, we went to the ARGC last Nov and when the consultant went through the costs I nearly fell off my chair! - anyway that's another story my thoughts on the ARGC.

So coming away from ARGC feeling very disappointed and confused I spoke to a friend who lives in Sheffield as they had treatment at the Jessops successfully and recommended them. I took a look at their web site and spoke to them on the phone and decided to get my consultant to refer me to them, it only took about 3 weeks for an appointment to come through. Plus I can stay at my friends house whilst I have to have scans etc, so it all made good financial sense, especially as they had already been through the process. Their success rates was higher than the Cromwell for my age group, so that's why we decided on driving 4 hrs each way! - mad eh!!!...

Ystalyfera is on our list of places that we are considering, along with Seven Sisters.... the trouble is when you are new to a place it's difficult to know what is a good or bad area. We have until the end of June to get something, so hopefully a few more houses will come on the market in March (Ooo just realised it's March tomorrow!)  ^idiot^

Debs

Offline caz nox

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #18 on: 28/02/07, 15:50 »
Debs,

Personally speaking and coming from London - best way to find a nice area is to check out their local pubs! thats what we did and fell in love with our local boozer then found the house - classy eh! hahahahaha

Keep in touch and best of luck with everything and if we have a meet up I would be more than happy to meet everyone, babes, bumps or booze!

Carrie

Offline REDHAY

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
« Reply #19 on: 28/02/07, 16:03 »
OH Carrie - I like the thought of Booze!  I feel like I'm tea total at the moment as I'm Breast feeding, (do have one now and again, but have'nt felt tipsy since last April).  When I was doing DRerring injection in the back of my car in a friends wedding!  If anyone saw me they would have thought I was a drug addict  ^drink^

Debz - I'll give some tips as time goes on, but Zita West has a good book on iVF and Fertility.  One thing she recommends is 2 days Bed Rest after Egg transfer, which I did, (well sofa rest), only moving to pee.   Stay positive and think of it as your journey to get your precious baby  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Hi Jayne - What stage are you at in you treatment?  Good luck  ^reiki^ ^reiki^  (OH, Sorry just seen your 2 boys, how handsome!)

Hayley

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal