* Author Topic: Where to buy cheap drugs  (Read 396781 times)

0 Members

Offline Janis18

• VIP Member Sponsor
  • ARGC
modify
Re: Where to buy cheap drugs
« Reply #10 on: 29/11/04, 15:27 »
Hi,
Alis Chemist in Shadwell have great prices. Boots quoted me 54 per box of 10 clexane, as did a few other pharmacies. He charged 34 (really nice helpful guy too)
Tel - 7790 9150, located in Shadwell, E1 (Near DLR/East London Line tube stop).
Hope this helps
regards
jane

Offline Plink

• ARGC second opinion (London) but then had to move
modify
« Reply #11 on: 3/02/05, 18:27 »
Hi

Ditto the above (Ali's chemist is local to me and I used them too) but you must get a price check. He is VERY reasonable for most stuff but Peterborough was cheaper for eg Orgalutran (25 per vial compared to Ali's 35)
This was still 15 cheaper than my clinic who wanted 50 per vial!!

The message is....SHOP AROUND!!

Hope this helps
Plink x

Offline Anthony Reid

• Site Management
modify
« Reply #12 on: 22/03/05, 13:29 »
The West Town peterborough clinic offer very competitive rates and deal by post.

If you order in the morning, they will get it to you by 12 am the next day.

http://www.cambridgeshirechamber.co.uk/pooled/profiles/BF_COMP/view.asp?Q=BF_COMP_26024

Hope that helps,
Tony,
x

Offline gizzi

• Un-Ranked
modify
« Reply #13 on: 1/04/05, 18:43 »
Hi all, I have been reading the forum for myself and the wife for some weeks now and it has been very usefull and informative.

Particularly , as we are heading for our second attempt at ICSI, we needed to pay for the next lot of drugs. I found a local pharmacy in the midlands who managed to improve on quotes that I had from all others listed on the furum. It definatly worth a few phone calls.

I dont know what he would do about postage as we picked the bag of suff up ourselves but by all means give him a try if anyone is searching.

In particular we were getting Orgalutron and Menopur as the expensive drugs.

Tel Tamworth (01827) 262488.   Ask to speak to the pharmasist and mention that you got his number from this web site.

Good luck to everyone

Regards Adrian & Debbie

Offline Jellyhead

• Our Babies-Kaden dark hair- Harley fair hair
modify
« Reply #14 on: 6/04/05, 09:41 »
sure sweetie...
Home Care Plan Service
9.00-7.00pm Monday - Friday 08707492020
will let you know how it all goes with del people. They are so helpfull....  good luck
Jelly x

Offline KittyR

• 3rd year of trying for #3
modify
« Reply #15 on: 1/05/05, 00:21 »
Sorry I couldn't be bothered  ;) to read through all 11 pages to see if anyone else has posted this - but I have found Boots online pharmacy to be the cheapest.

http://www.boots.com/microsites/microsite_info_template.jsp?contentId=2798

You need a prescription, they give you a quote by email and then you post the prescription to them and then they send the drugs out recorded delivery, usually within a coupole of days. Very efficient and personalised service, they ring you if there is a delay, query  etc.

Would be interested if anyone has found anywhere cheaper though.

K

Offline nikkit

• Un-Ranked
modify
« Reply #16 on: 23/10/05, 11:01 »
I just bought some from Applied Dispensary Services - 0870 2400518. 

You call them up and they give you a quote on the phone (last week they quoted 13 for 75ui of menopur), then if you want to buy from them you send in your prescription (must be original copy), they call you back the next day to take credit card details and then deliver them by courier the following day.  They are based in W. Yorks but they deliver to all parts (I'm in Bristol).  You pay a 30 dispensary fee and that covers delivery cost.  I thought it was a very good service and much cheaper than buying through the Lister where I'm being treated.

Nikki

Offline Plink

• ARGC second opinion (London) but then had to move
modify
« Reply #17 on: 4/01/06, 00:51 »
Hello

I think most clinics know (and understand) why we get drugs outside. ARGC referred me to Alis chemist in Shadwell to get HUmira (they gave me the phone number without me asking)

I think it is worth asking your doctor about this rather than relying on what one fertility nurse says.
MOst of us dont get our drugs direct from the clinics pharmacy as its much pricier.

I had Puregon and found the Shadwell chemist already (via my local chemist) and was able to save hundreds of pounds.

Tpo give an example , my first clinic (LFC) charged 300 for 600 IU Puregon. Alis cost me about 235 for 600 IU (and was the cheapest I could find)
I also saved 15 PER VIAL of ORGALUTRAN (35 at Alis compared to 50 at LFC)

They made no secret of this and the doctor told me I may get the medication cheaper outside the clinic.

BTW Ali does mail order too and so does the chemist in Peterborough, who is also cheap.

Hope this helps
Plink

(Incidentally, a private prescription can be 'cashed' in any pharmacy, you are not obliged to use the clinic's own pharmacy supply. Alis chemist told me they have patients going there from all over the place. He is based in E1)

Offline Marielou

• VIP Member Sponsor
  • Me and My 2 Miracles xx
modify
« Reply #18 on: 9/01/06, 10:50 »
'Allied Dispensary services'  , and you can contact them:

Allied Dispensary Services
Unit 4,
Pioneer Way
Pioneer Business Park
Castleford
WF10 5QU

0870 2400518

Hope that helps!
I've spoken to them today, they've been very helpful, and the prices they quote are good too.

Marie xx

Offline rontuck

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #19 on: 26/01/06, 22:45 »
I made a few phone calls today to my clinic Lister, Ferring, & Fazeley Pharmacy.  The Fazeley chemist came out slightly cheaper than Ferring (I won't even bother mentioning the price they quoted me at the Lister!). The pharmacist at the Fazeley is lovely - he charges the same price as the British National Formulary - he told me that he's got a contract to provide drugs for NHS patients but doesn't think that private patients should lose out, especially when the drugs are for IVF.

The price I was quoted is:

Synarel 60 55.66
Menopur 13.50 per vial
Ovitrelle 33.31.

Hopes this help

Ronnie

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal