Shannah (Spudly) - Jamie Joseph - 19th July
Clare (Clare_s) - Elizabeth - 21st July
Jane (JaneNewcastle) - Marcus William - 22nd July
Philippa (DancerP) - Taryn Liberty Enya - 22nd July
DayCJ - Phoebe Annie Elizabeth - 23rd July
Wendy (woo) - Luke Michael - 31st July

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello everyone! I'm first on the new thread!
Feels like being the first one to mess about in a fresh patch of snow! ;D

Thanks for our new home Chux. :-* The list looks great!

Huge congrats to all the walkers! Matthew walks if he is holding smth in his hands but not without. ;D He much prefers to crawl everywhere! I cannot wait for him to start walking properly... it is so exciting and I watch him like a hawk thinking he is going to go at any moment! ;D

Sorry for the lack of personals but I can't remember what I wantd to say and to whom from the other thread. DUR! ^reiki^

#3 ·
Hi all

Can i firstly apologise for not posting very much.  I do read everyday but being a full time working mummy is hard work as im sure some of you know.

Can i ask a quick question pls......

Did i read somewhere that one of you had bought a baa baa blind??  I was wondering what you thought of it?  i may get one but thought id ask you all first.

I cant believe all our beutiful babies are 1 or turning 1 soon.  I have bought H a few bits and pieces but i am going to get him a sand pit and some toys for our swimming pool (which he loves!)  ;D

Oh something else i wanted to ask too....do your little ones drink very much fluids apart from their milk?  I cannot get H to drink anything more than a few sips from a cup.  I ahave tried many and he just will not have it!  ^bigbad^

Hope everyone is well

Shaz x

#4 ·
Hi Chux, thanks for the list.  Could I ask to have Kieran's middle names added please, his name is Kieran Peter David, thanks very much.

Shaz, Kieran tends to drink water more with his food, I just keep offering it to him.  His quantity varies daily and he has never finished a whole Advent magic cup yet, but seems to be doing ok.  I was wondering what to change to for the milk, if to use one with a valve like the magic cup or one that was free flowing like a bottle, what are others planning on changing their bottles to?

Well must go as I have work to do, although I'm not that busy at the moment and I keep struggling to keep my eyes open at work at the moment.  I'm getting plenty of sleep at night, its just I work in an office by myself most of the time and I seem to struggle as the work isn't really that interesting either.  Must admit I'm really starting to feel trapped.  My salary is ok, the location is ok, I've changed my hours and I just think that I know I cannot change jobs as I wouldn't get the same anywhere else  :'(

Bye for now

Shazznewman

p.s what are people getting dh for Fathers Day, sorry if someone has already asked that.  I'm taking dh out for a meal and my Brother phoned last night and invited us to a BBQ, so I'm not sure if to cancel our meal and save the money, or do both :-\

#5 ·
Happy Birthday Oliver!!!

Hope you have had a good day, Jane  :) Can't believe a year has passed since Carl posted the news. What a great day it was when your little one arrived  :)

Nicky xx

#6 ·
Belated birthday wishes for Oliver for yesterday, hope you got some nice presents.

Shazznewman

#7 ·
hi everyone

can i join you all??

i used to post when was pg, so remember a lot of you :)

jo (jobie) Elizabeth Rose & Kezia Louise - 22nd june 2006

thank you

jobie xx

#8 ·
Hi welcome Jobie and your little girls, so your two will soon be celebrating their 1st birthdays, what will they be getting?  I have a friend with twin girls and its a good job they have a really big lounge as it looks like a big toy shop.

Bye for now.

Shazznewman

#9 ·
Evening ladies,

hope you are all well, things are good here, i took Taryn for her check up yesterday and she is about 1 1/2 lbs less than she was a couple of weeks ago, but then she did have a very nasty bout of d and v.

Chux - thanks for the new home and list hunny  :-*

Broody - how is the pregnancy going, you must be feeling lots of movements now, its sooooooooooo exciting. I never manage to be the first one to post on a new thread  :)

sheboo - on the fluids, i always have a cup of water handy for Taryn but she only sips on it, she much prefers her milk  ::)

Jane1 - if your reading, I hope you and Oliver had a fantastic day and celebrated his first birthday in style :)

Nicky30 - hi, hope you and your LO are well :)

Jobie - Lovely to hear from you hunny, how are things, are your beautiful twins keeping you busy?

Huge hugs to everyone

Love Philippa

#10 ·
Hiya everyone,

Hope you are all ok?  well I'm back from Steinville (Padstow) had a lovely holiday but beth and I had very bad colds so hence grumpy mommy and grumpy baby, and I also can't help thinking beth prefers her own space there was two babies and 6 adults in the house and she didn't seem very happy at all and very clingy she soon got back to her own self as soon as we got home.  Oh well I'm sure next year she will enjoy hols more.  She did have a scone for the 1st time though and thought it was yummy!!!  ;D

^birthday^ to all the little babies this week and next week.  Have decided I'm going to take beth to Chester zoo and have a pinic on hers or if it's raining Birmingham Sea Life centre.

Philipa ah bless her, I hope she is ok now?

Jobie hello your little girls are lovely!

Shaznewman I'm working fathers day but have got dh hot fuzz which we shall watch on the evening, and beth has made a little card at one of our groups this week.

hello broody, nicky30, Shaz everyone I've missed... p.s who's walking missed it on hols!!!

xx

#11 ·
hi girls and bubs

Just a quickie to ask again if anyone can remember who it was who bought the baa baa blind.  Thinking of getting one but wanted to ask how theyd coped with it b4 i do.

Ta

Shaz xxxxxx

#12 ·
Hi girls

DH is off to beniedorm next fri so a wkd of lie ins is his fathers day pressie!!!!! I am working an he is expecting nothing but have bought him shorts for his trip and some sweets

need to be quick soooo many jobs to do x x x

#13 ·
hiya ladies & babies

hope u all well  :)

well ellie is walking propperly  :) :)

ive bought her 1st pair of propper shoes from clarks size 4 h :eek: :eek: they look so big but bloody cute  ;D

im off to merryhill tmoro after work to finish ellies b day prezzies  :) very emotinal isnt it  :'( but happy same time

well im off take care and have a great weekend for fathers day

nikki & ellie xx

#14 ·
Morning all,

Nicky - great news on Ellie  ^milestone^ ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^milestone^ ^pompom^ ^spin^ ^babycrawl^ ^milestone^

sarah - enjoy benidorm  ;D

Frankie - i am glad you had a lovely hol  :) sorry about the colds, a good excuse to have a bit of choccie to release those happy endorphins though  ^evil^

Laurie and Emma - if you are reading a big  ^birthday^ ^birthday^ ^gift^ ^milestone^ ^milestone^ ^festival^ ^festival^ ^gift^ to your little ones, hope you had a lovely day  :)

Taryn is just under 9 kg and i went carseat shopping yesterday, her carrier will take a weight up to 13 kg so i will beable to use it for a while but her head is getting near the top. I have bought the bebe confort axiss and i think it is brilliant, it has a really good seatbelt tensioner and locks it in place brilliantly. any way i must go and make dh a cup of tea, it is daddys day after all. :)

lots of love

Philippa

#16 ·
Morning all,

just a quickie :)

Sarah - great news on Hannah, you will have to move everything now ;D

Broody -

[fly]I just wanted to wish your wee man a very happy first birthday ;D[/fly]
^birthday^ ^birthday^ ^birthday^ ^birthday^ ^birthday^ ^birthday^ ^birthday^ ^birthday^ ^birthday^ ^birthday^ ^birthday^ ^birthday^ ^birthday^ ^birthday^ ^birthday^ ^birthday^ ^birthday^ ^birthday^ ^birthday^ ^birthday^
^gift^ ^festival^ ^gift^ ^festival^ ^gift^ ^festival^ ^gift^ ^festival^ ^gift^ ^festival^ ^gift^ ^festival^ ^gift^ ^festival^ ^gift^ ^festival^ ^gift^ ^festival^

love to all

Philippa and Taryn XX

#17 ·
Hi, hope everyone had a lovely weekend.  Cannot believe how much Kieran ate yesterday, he had his meals at different times to us, so everytime we had food we gave him bits to keep him happy as he was getting grumpy as he was tired, he was ever so exited when he saw ice cream for the second time yesterday.  Took dh out for lunch and we also had a BBQ at my brothers.

Got Kieran's feet measured in Clarks at the weekend, although I'm still holding off at the moment as he still isn't even doing much cruising yet.  Kieran is also a 4 h.  Well done Ellie on the walking.

We had a family picture taken at Pixi Foto on Saturday and we were really good and have come away with just the free picture and didn't spend a penny.  (Well ok £5.00 in Mothercare on a book Kieran chewed the corner of whilst we were waiting).

Matthew wishing you a VERY HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY.

Hannah well done on the crawling, keep Mummy on her toes now.

Well must get back to some work, hi to everyone.

Take care

Shazznewman

#18 ·
morning everyone

hope you enjoyed fathers day, it was daddy's first fathers day this year and he loved every minute, the girls wore cute t-shirts "i love daddy....daddy loves me" and "i am daddys little star....and i've got him wrapped around my little finger" !!

lizzie & kezia were measured at clarks too a few weeks ago as both cruising though not walking properly yet. kezia is 3G and lizzie is 2F!! bless her - the smallest shoes they do!!

frankie - sorry to hear u had colds on yr hols  ::) typical eh! hols r great but i always love coming home too - nice to get to normality - well whatever that is  ;D

phillipa - lovely to hear from u too - seems ages ago when we were all pg!!! yeah the girls keep me really busy, never enjoed the newborn phase that much as it was such hard work, but loving it now, they're so much fun! still hard work of course but in a different way  ;D

shazz - yeah the girls r 1 on friday - think i'm more excited then anyone!! presents have already started to arrive from family and i have no idea where we'll put everything - house is starting to look like toys-r-us  ;D have bought them quite a few new outfits, a stanley snail (m&P), a wooden walker with bricks, some books and they have tons of other toys, walkers etc from family.

jobie xx

#19 ·
Hi all

Just a mega quicky to say:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the muffin man  :) Hope you have had a lovely day Matthew  :-*

Welcome to Jobie and your lovely girls x

Hi to everyone else.

All good here. Ethan walking lots more now. Up to 6 steps at a time and loving walking between me and DH - gets really excited, flapping his arms and squealing  ;D

Nicky x

#20 ·
Oh my god, I 've just lost the longest post.........  :'(  Here's the summary hopefully!

Jamie and I haven't been well for a couple of weeks (he always shares what he gets with me  ::))  ) and today is the first day he's been back at nursery for ages.  So I'm having a bit of FF time  :)

Baa baa blind - bought one off the internet, came within 2 days.  Window suckers didn't work for us (deep frame/lots of window panes), so I used squares of heavy duty velcro and stuck part to the frame itself and sewed the other half to the blind.  Works a treat as it takes 2 secs to put up/pull down and makes his room absolutely BLACK!!

Sheeboo - Jamie will drink from a bottle on his own, but not a cup.  He doesn't have juice so I'm not too bothered!!

Shazz - I know what you mean about working on your own in an office, it can be really lonely.  At least you have your FF friends to keep you company!  I also know what you mean about chewing books.  It takes 5 secs for Jamie to 'read' a book and 15 mins for him to try and eat it!

Frankie B - I'm also looking forward to taking Jamie to Chester Zoo.  We're hoping to go over the summer - maybe we'll see you there!!  Did you enjoy Hot Fuzz?  We thought it was EXCELLENT!

Sarah - Well done to Hannah on the commando crawling!  It won't be long now...........

Jamie is doing really well and is starting to cruise a bit more now.  He has done really well at learning how to sit down again - he just lets go of whatever he's holding and drops like a stone!  Thank god for his padding (both nappy and chubby bottom)!  ;D ;D

He's also started to point at things (mainly birds in the garden) and will look at the right place when you say "where's teddy?" etc

I can't believe he's 11 months today - I'm going to get party invitations for his 1st birthday, I'm soooo excited.

Hope everyone's well!

Shannah
xxx

#21 ·
hi everyone

nicky - thats great that ethans walking, how long was it from him cruising before he started walking properly? my girls have been cruising for about a month now...can't wait for them to walk properly

shannah - looked the baa baa blind - looks great, but i'd have to buy 2 cos their window is too wide so works out expensive  ::) though to have as a permanent fixture in their bedroom would be a pain to put on /take off all the time - they currently have black out curtains, which don't do the trick at all  ::)

has anyone started giving their babies cows milk yet?? just wondered how much of a faff it is to warm up etc

jobie xx

#22 ·
Hi, I've started with one of Kieran's bottles as cows milk as I wanted to be on cows milk by the end of the month when we go on holiday to Devon.  I've deliberately given it to him straight from the fridge so we wont have to worry if we cannot warm it, but this is for the one he has at 3.30pm and I know he doesn't necessarily need this one anymore.  I'm planning on changing the morning and night feeds over the next week, but I will warm them slightly.

Shazznewman

#23 ·
Hi all

shannah..youve won me over, im ordering a baa baa blind asap. 
Just a quickie, hope your and our little ones are well

Shaz xxx

#24 ·
Hi
Just wanted to say hi and happy birthday to all the babies who have been celebrating and all the walkers.
Still read loads and post when I can.
Still cannot believe all these babies are turning 1 :eek: :eek: :eek:

SARAH 0604

#25 ·
Morning,

Just thought i would pop on and catch up,

Jobie - those t-shirts sound adorable  :)

Nicky - sounds like Ethan is doing really well ;D

sarah0604 - good to hear from you hunny, i hope everything is great for you and your family  :)

Shazznewman - i am impressed ^bow^ ^bow^ , i never manage just to walk away with the freebie/special offer, they would have had me buy all the piccies and then i would have had to justify it to myself ;D

sheboo - you have been very quiet lately, i hope all is well.

shannah - it is so frustrating when you lose a post, i hope you and your little man are all better now.

huge hugs and hello's to everyone else,

Nothing major to report here although Taryn has changed an awful lot in the last few weeks, she is right little character, i think i am gonna be in big trouble soon  ;D

love Philippa

#26 ·
Hi everyone!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes for Matthew! :-* We took him to Dorset for the weekend and had a fab time! He was tickled pink at us all staying in a house other than our own! ;D It was too cute! ;D

There's only one thing that blighted his birthday tho'... I got him a lovely Lightning McQueen cake... put a wee football candle on it, which I puffed out myself while singing happy birthday to him
, then it rolled off the cake (roasting hot) onto DH's thigh... singeing off a few hairs...
followed by me forgetting to take a photo in all the commotion and giggles.

Now I have to stage a fake birthday party with another cake so I can get a picture of him!

DH says he's staying away that day and that he has a candle phobia now... :-[

Philippa - The pgcy is going fine thank you hunny! I am being absolutely kicked to bits morning, noon and night! I am HOODGE and if I give birth to anything less than a 12lb baby - I will be mortified. ;D

A huge HELLO to all you other lovelies out there! I was going to do more personals, but Matthew is refusing to go down for a nap and is starting to really scream... :-\ I better go sort him out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.