* Author Topic: Does anyone have any info on Kings College London?  (Read 43654 times)

Offline Lele

• Gold Member
  • think positive no matter what!
modify
Re: Does anyone have any info on Kings College London?
« Reply #120 on: 20/02/08, 08:35 »
Hi Armi

I will be in April/May (pill in April, downreg/stim in May), but will surely be very happy to be here for you at any point!
Also, I found my thread on cycle buddies really nice. we started in August/September 2007 but got on so well together that we are still going strong! Some are pregnant, some still trying, some taking time off but we are really close :-* :-* :-* Come and visit if you like (Buttercup Babes is the thread name) or have a look at the april/may 2008 thread... We will always be here for you anyway!!!

Mirry sorry to answer late. I am a bit confused: have you got an appointment, or not yet? Have you had counselling/evaluation to know what treatment you are having? Assuming you are having IVF/ICSI, after you have had your appointment with the doctor and have obtained your prescription, you book an appointment with the nurse. That will be during the 21 days in which you are taking the pill. Because you will be taking your meds, all the other appointments may go back or forth a few days, but not slip months. So after the end of the pill you have about 2 weeks of downreg, a scan, more downreg or start stimming, about 14-15 days of stimming (with scans to see if you need more, or if you are ready earlier), trigger, egg collection, about 2-3 days and then embryotransfer (unless you have blastocyst transfer which I think is on day 5, not sure, never got there!). Then the 2ww, and test. So from start of the pill to test a little over 2 months. However the only time where you need to be around is for scans, so I think I would prefer to be here from the scan at the end of downreg to after ET, but otherwise you are as free as the wind! Some meds will need to stay in a fridge, and some may give you mood swings, but otherwise you will be fine. I personally find it reassuring to be around during downreg/stimm and 2ww, but that's just because I'm a loony ^idiot^ ^idiot^ and I have friends who left for holiday just after ET and came back with a BFP!!!
Oh, and of course I'm sure they will not have a problem if you say you don't want to cycle in July... I don't know if you will be able to do it in, say, May (that depends how far you are with things, and their diary), but I'm confident they will have no problems with you taking the pill in july and the injections in August... or whenever it is more convenient for all involved!
Let me know if you wish any more info, I may well not know the answer but might be able to help find it!

^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ you both for your cycles

Mable, EC today!!!!  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ to you hun

Offline armi

• Gold Member
  • Mother Perpetually Tired
modify
« Reply #121 on: 20/02/08, 21:04 »
 ^reiki^ ^fairydust^
Sorry just practicing.... just back from newbie chat night!!!

Offline Lele

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #122 on: 21/02/08, 20:25 »
Mable, what news?  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Offline mirry71

modify
« Reply #123 on: 22/02/08, 08:40 »
Dear Lele thank you so much for your kind message and details - really really helpful, as I have not really got anything from Kings yet. I was told that we should be getting a letter at the beginning of March confirming our funding, to make an appointment with the doctor and then go on with IVF. No counselling offered as yet and only evaluation was by a locum last year who said seeing we were unexplained that IVF was the only option....sorry - that sounds very negative, I am just sitting here crying because I am so cross with myself. I fall in the catchment area for St Thomas's as well but took my GP's advice that Kings were better. Now I read that St T's have a 10 per cent higher success rate than Kings, and feel like I should have questioned more instead of just going along with what they said. Ahem that is by the by. So anyway I have pulled out of the holiday; I've waited so long that I don't want to be stressed, I think that's probably better....

Offline armi

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #124 on: 22/02/08, 18:13 »
Mirry... now cross with myself... St. tHOmas must also be in my area!!!!  agh.. Well hopefully we won't have to have a next time..and move..

Offline Lele

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #125 on: 22/02/08, 18:20 »
Mirry, Armi  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ sorry this is such a stressful time! Promise things will be better once the ball gets rolling (easy for me to say I know!!!)

Success rate depend on a lot of things... I have to say I agree with your GP, I wouldn't change... ;) :) :) :)

Offline armi

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #126 on: 22/02/08, 18:58 »
Thanks LEE LEE so hard to keep  all in perspective.

Offline Mable

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #127 on: 22/02/08, 20:52 »
Hi,
Ta for asking Lele - they got 20 eggs out of me and I have 14 embies, don't know grading or anything yet. EC was agony this time, but fairly painless the first time, so don't want to scare anyone. My ovaries were 'kissing' and there were follicles in such difficult to reach places they had to go through the cervix. Won't go into gory details, but not pleasant. I did sleep through half of the 1st ovary though but sobbed my way through the rest.

ET appointment tomorrow - if embies are good enough I may have blasts, but not holding out hope for this. Just back from acupuncture - now don't trust my acupuncturist as he isn't doing the German protocol and didn't really know about it (and it's link to high success rates). He doesn't want to see me after ET.

Worry worry worry - that's the name of this game,  isn't it! Sorry to hear that some of you are doubting your choice of clinic - I would highly recommend Kings. As Lele says, success rates come down to much more than how good a clinic is.

Good luck everyone ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Offline Lele

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #128 on: 22/02/08, 21:48 »
Mable 20 eggs and 14 embies, that's great news!!! Sorry it was so painful ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ but it sounds like it was well worth it!!! my oh my collection through the cervix sounds tricky!!! Glad they were prepared to and capable of doing it!! Who was with you?
I was in to book the next cycle and wonder if I saw you. Did you have a white and blue dress?
best wishes for ET, would be great to have blasts or frosties... or both!! ;) ;) ;)

Best wishes and let us know how you are getting on! If you are around, call me for a cup of coffee or lunch!
 ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Offline armi

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #129 on: 23/02/08, 08:45 »
OHHH Mable, hope it will be worth it and  that you get your ^BFP^ ^BFP^
xox

* Search

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates, gets a free discrete butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

Recent Topics

Amazon top seller!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal