* Author Topic: Does anyone have any info on Kings College London?  (Read 48549 times)

0 Members

Offline Bels

• Mummy to Royalty!
  • VIP Member Sponsor
  • Our Son Louis made By Kings College Hospital
modify
Re: Does anyone have any info on Kings College London?
« Reply #30 on: 24/08/07, 15:17 »
Mable,

That's fab news!!!!  I do hope you can go to blastocysts ... pushes the odds up!  I am sure no one will have a hangover and they will be looking after your precious embies!  ;)

On the OHSS, I have had it once and it was not nice, but there is just as much a chance you won't get it if you are being good hun!  Lots of water and protein ... not sure if you are a veggie or not, but if you are .. lots of lentils etc and if not a big juicy steak!  ;)

Got everything crossed for you ... keep updating us  :-*

Bels x

Offline Tikki

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #31 on: 25/08/07, 18:41 »
Mable,

Fabulous news on your embryos!! i am a blastocyst fan as barney was a day 5 transfer..
Regarding OHSS, i was at a huge risk on my last cycle as i had 36 eggs and was ordered to drink 5 litres of water and 1 litre of milk a day for the 2WW which i did and not a whiff of OHSS..

Good luck hun,
tikki

Offline MandaJO

modify
« Reply #32 on: 26/08/07, 12:55 »
Hi ladies,

Mable - that's great that you got 10 embies, and I see from your signature that you've had 2 really good ones put back.  I'm really pleased your experience at King's was fine in the end.  It's so important to feel cared for and confident in the team looking after you.  Sending you lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ for your 2ww.  It's good that you've taken the time off work so feet up and relax!

Caz- great that your appointment has come up.  Knowing you're now well on the way must be a relief.  Wishing you all the best for the Sept appt.

I'm stimming at the mo with the Lister.  Only had to down-reg for a week so really pleased things are moving quickly.  Should make it to EC in 1-2 weeks.

Hope you're all enjoying the bank hol weekend  :)

Manda

Offline Mable

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #33 on: 27/08/07, 17:05 »
Thanks very much. Am now day 3 post ET and very crampy, bloated and exhausted but no OHSS as yet.

MandaJo, good luck with your stimming, let us know how you get on.
Mable

Offline Bels

• Mummy to Royalty!
  • VIP Member Sponsor
  • Our Son Louis made By Kings College Hospital
modify
« Reply #34 on: 1/09/07, 13:44 »
Just sending Mable some  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Love and Hugs ... Bels x

Offline starfishnumber1

• Un-Ranked
modify
« Reply #35 on: 1/09/07, 17:51 »
Hello,

I've been reading your experiences at King's ACU and it has been so so useful - thanks so much everyone.

Mable - I keep my fingers crossed and I am sure your embys are all doing well!

DH and I are waiting to start treatment at King's and I have to say that we can totally share the frustrations that you described earlier etc.  >:( We went on the waiting list beginning of 2005 and got now the confirmation through that we will be treated within this financial year. I am very keen to start but before we got the news about the treatment at King's we had a (failed) FEZ abroad (after failed ivf incl of severe ohss last year). Unfortunately my period is not showing up and they won't see me before that. I keep on ringing but they insist that they want the blood tests at the same time as my period before. But what if I never have my period again  :-\? I am also scared about having another ohss as i spent almost four weeks in hospital last year and I would like to discuss that but no chance  :(

I hope you are all having a nice weekend
starfish

Offline cachton

• Un-Ranked
modify
« Reply #36 on: 3/09/07, 17:51 »
Hello everyone  :)

Sorry I haven't been in touch - been on holiday and only checked back in today!

Mable - I hope everything is going to plan  ^reiki^
MandaJo - good luck as well - let us know how things go  ^reiki^

And to Bels and Mable - thanks a million times for the good advice regarding test results etc.  I feel so confident after reading your advice and experiences - I am making a loong list of things to sort out and to collect so King's won't have any excuses to delay us for long  ^bigbad^

Starfish - I sincerely hope you will have a good experience at King's - it must be so difficult having waited for so long  :( - I am trying not to think about the waiting time we are up against but it is not always easy just 'taking one day at the time' as we're being adviced to do  :-\

Take care everyone
Big hugs  ^hugme^
Caz  ^Heart^

Offline starfishnumber1

• Un-Ranked
modify
« Reply #37 on: 3/09/07, 21:37 »
Hello again,

Caz - I hope you had a great holiday! Thank you for your lovely words - I really hope that my body will do what he/she is told  ;). I read your earlier posting about Guys and have to say that I found them better than King's but I have somehow managed to end my tx there. My GP kindly referred us to both King's and Guys and Guys was quicker with seeing us for an inital app, then they started with clomiphen and ultrasound monitoring - King's has not got enough money for that I was told - and when they wanted me to undergo ovarian drilling as their next step in the tx I refused. Unfortunately, I was then taken off the tx register as they thought I should have gone along with their suggestions. I was reluctant and b/c part of our problem is DH's low sperm count I thought it's not woth it having surgery. Oh well - maybe I was a coward and too quick with my decision though. I also wanted to find out whether tx, once confirmed can be transferred to another clinic (such as UCH) but I never heard back from Southwark PT.

Sorry for the long emails!!! I hope everyone is having a nice evening.

starfish

Offline mirry71

modify
« Reply #38 on: 5/09/07, 10:09 »
Hello
thank you for all your thoughts on Kings - seems to have provoked a fair few and good luck Mable.

I feel very down about Kings after going there for initial meeting earlier this summer. I have found the receptionists there consistently very difficult  - when they rang me up for the first appointment I was out of the country and said I wouldn't be back for 10 days. The woman laughed nastily and said 'oh as if we'd have an appointment in that time'. Of course I didn't expect to be seen overnight but she made me feel really small and stupid. The business manager I have to say was lovely.

When DH and I went in for our meeting - i made a complete a*** of myself and burst into tears; DH lovely -  we saw a locum who was reading through our notes as we sat there, basically said IUI would only make a couple of percent difference, and that maybe we should try a bit longer. Now I dont want to take drugs and wd love to conceive naturally but I'm nearly 37, DH is 41, been trying for 18 months and been together 6 years with never a sniff of pregnancy so I'm thinking the time for hoping is probably waaaay past.....

They took my bloods from the GP and didnt redo, did a scan,  made DH give a sample which is low but not impossible, but haven't done anything else at all - whcih seems very little compared to what everyone else has done. this means I am left worrying because I said I didnt really get clots (sorry TMI) but since then have noticed that i occasionally do.

We've been approved for IVf for next financial year but it seems a long way away and I'm wondering every month that goes by whether I should be insisting on something else. I also wondered about the comment that was made about counselling - should I be signing up to that? Am terrified that when get to top of IVF list there will be endless months then doing stuff like that.

Locum insisted low success rates for Kings were due to the type of patients they get and a bad time 3 years ago when the stats date from. But I can't help wondering whether our GP got it wrong putting us down for Kings rather than Guys and what we should do?

Sorry for long rant. I have kept away from FF because I thought I was spending too much time and getting obsessed and DH was telling me so. He is lovely but has basically already told me he has accepted we will never have a child so as not to get our hopes up. But have woken up this morning in such despair....hearing all that Red survey stuff on the news....and keep on feeling is there ANYTHING i could do to make it all happen?

Sorry girls....just one of those days. I just wish I felt supported and not just an (inconvenient) number at Kings

Offline MandaJO

modify
« Reply #39 on: 5/09/07, 13:16 »
Hi ladies,

Mirry - I am 37 next week and am constantly being told that in IVF terms I am still very young!  However that still doesn't stop me worrying about the biological clock ticking. If this is a big concern to you then my advice would be to not wait for King's.  When I was told I would recive tx in the next financial year I was finally offered it for the very end of that year, so another year away.  It felt like it would be an eternity to wait so we went for the self pay at King's for our first attempt.  After this failed I was told by the receptionist to 'look on the bright side, your NHS treatment will come up in the next financial year!' I couldn't believe it, they were trying to shunt me into the next year!  She told me this on the day I received my BFN, and said that despite being told my treatment would be this year they only give that as a guide, not a promise!  I was so traumatised I went to see their counsellor but I don't think it was much help - in fact I feel like I got more support from this site. I decided I wasn't going to put up with their dissmissive attitude to what they promise people so I challenged them and Jacqui Stubbs was very helpful and shunted me back up the list to the current financial year.  After this treatment failed I decided to move on.

IVF is stressful enough without having to go through these administrative nightmares as well.  I'm sure it can't help at a time when you need to feel positive.  So if you're feeling negative about King's already it might be best to quit while you're ahead and see if you can go on to the Guy's list.  If you can afford to pay for treatment before the NHS one comes up I would wholeheartedly recommend the Lister.  It has been by far my easiest most stress-free treatment yet.  They have a great team there and everyone from the receptionists to the nurses, ultrasound scanners and doctors give you the feeling they know exactly what they're doing.  I had my EC yesterday and was looked after brilliantly.  Yes it's more expensive than going to an NHS clinic but their success rates are better, and you can still get your blood tests done via your GP.  Also they got me through the cycle on fewer drugs so I spent less on those than I did at King's.

Thanks to you all for your good wishes.  I got 7 eggs yesterday and 5 have fertilised.  ET will be on Friday unless I go to blasto.  I was at first disappointed that the number of eggs was lower than previous attempts, but feel better today because the fertilisation rate has been good.

Mable - hope your 2ww is going ok with no OHSS?

Speak soon,

Manda x

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

Suggested Reads!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal