* Author Topic: Does anyone have any info on Kings College London?  (Read 50771 times)

0 Members

Offline Mable

• Gold Member
modify
Re: Does anyone have any info on Kings College London?
« Reply #90 on: 15/01/08, 19:37 »
Lovely idea to meet for lunch! Will let you know when I'm in the area.

Starfish - agonising decision. OHSS can be life threatening - you made the right decision. I went ahead but didn't get OHSS following ET. However, when I had 80 follicles I was in and out of A&E in agony and I just wished I'd never had anything to do with IVF.

Good luck with your FET
Mable

Offline starfishnumber1

• Un-Ranked
modify
« Reply #91 on: 16/01/08, 10:32 »
Mable / Lele - great idea re lunch! Just let me know when it's good for you - I am fairly flexible with my working hours.

Mable - I can't even imagine what you must have gone through with 80 follicles. It must have been like a living nightmare.

Lele - You are right - i did have a miscarriage when i first had ohss. We did freeze them on day 3 but they were all grade II (was lucky that they froze them b/c their rules for freezing are so strict)

Good luck with your treatments and let me know when you'd like to meet.

starfish
xx

Offline armi

• Gold Member
  • Mother Perpetually Tired
modify
« Reply #92 on: 20/01/08, 17:24 »
Armi - I would be suprised if they do the HIV, Hep tests themsleves - we were told to have these done at the Sexual Health Clinic at Kings or you could ask your GP to do them.

Good luck for your appt
Blu
Thanks blu....  3 more sleeps till appointment.

Offline armi

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #93 on: 20/01/08, 17:27 »
Hi Armi

My understanding is that the infection screening is usually taken at the appointment you have while taking the pill. I never had to go to GUM but simply had a blood sample taken by the nurse during the appointment. Remember to take with you the meds (those which do not need the fridge) as they like to get expiry dates and batch numbers. They will show you how to inject and talk you through the treatment steps (is this your first cycle?). I found it useful to jot down all my questions during my first cycle as I had loads and knew I would not remember them on the day! Also did write down a lot of the answers, there's so much to take in I went back to my notes a lot. But that's just me, brain like a sieve... ^idiot^ ^idiot^ ;) I always found them friendly, some a lot more than others but all nice. Special mention to Nurse Freda always a good laugh!!!
Thanks Lee Lee

Best wishes with your treatment, might see you there at some point as I am on the rollercoaster too!
Feel free to ask/PM if you wish

Lele

Offline armi

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #94 on: 20/01/08, 17:37 »
Starfish from my experience and what others are saying they seem to do the bare minimum of tests at Kings....but then I could be wrong because as I say we only had the one appt so far. Had had the day 21 &28 blood tests for me at GPs (so long ago now cant even remember if thats right name) and SA for DH...and that is it. One meeting with locum, one definition unexplained and one more couple on waiting list....
I suppose that I am so used to looking for solutions in life that when cant find them I maybe get a little more impatient and should be more accepting...
Hi guys what is the day 21 and the day 28 blood tests???

Offline Lele

• Gold Member
  • think positive no matter what!
modify
« Reply #95 on: 21/01/08, 07:42 »
hi Armi,

I don't remember day 21 and 28 blood tests...  ??? I had some tests on day... 2 I think, and infection screening at the nurse's appointment while taking pill. It may well be that I had more (quite some time gone!) but I don't remember any. The only ones I had to repeat for this new cycle are the infection screen. it might well depend on your reason for IVF (type of infertility if known etc). Sorry I can't be of more help
^fingerscrossed^ just 2 more sleeps to your appointment, all shall be revealed!!!  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ you'll be allright, they are soooo nice...

Starfish  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ so sorry to hear about your miscarriage,  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ with your new cycle!

mable how are you? When will you be in the area?

have a nice day!

Lele

Offline armi

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #96 on: 21/01/08, 20:36 »
Thanks guys.... two more sleeps till appointment!!

Offline Lele

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #97 on: 21/01/08, 21:06 »
sleep well Armi! 3 more sleeps to mine!

Offline Lele

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #98 on: 22/01/08, 20:52 »
Armi  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^fingerscrossed^ for your scan tomorrow!!! Keep us posted!

Offline armi

• Gold Member
modify
« Reply #99 on: 26/01/08, 13:43 »
My GP turned my private prescription 9nto a NHS one today. phew!!!!!!!
How is everyone else gettin i
on?

Free Butterfly PIN

Butterfly Pin

Everyone who donates gets a free discreet butterfly pin.
Many of our members are using these to help spot each other at clinics and group meetups!

* Search

Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal