• I did not have an orgasm in 2ww and got BFP

Votes: 311 27.4%
  • I did not have an orgasm in 2ww and got BFN

Votes: 175 15.4%

orgasms in 2ww

246K views 198 replies 133 participants last post by  Michelle.Viz 
#1 ·
Hi there

I know this may sound a silly poll!! but I would really like to know what to do for the best and thought this might help.

Love Hollie

"Please note the poll is about orgasms and not intercourse :)"

#2 ·
HollieHotLips said:
Hi there

I know this may sound a silly poll!! but I would really like to know what to do for the best and thought this might help.

Love Hollie

#3 ·
HI

Its the most natural thing in the world, why waste it!!!

You go girl!!!! Happy ^hump^

Shezza

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

#4 ·
After my DIUI in July 2003, I was convinced it hadnt worked. I think about 9 days after IUI, we had sex (yes, I am sad enough to remember everyday of my 2ww!! ^roflmao^ ) Anyway, got a BFN 13dpIUI, but then 15dpIUI, I got 2 very dark lines!
I was so shocked I threw the test in the bin, convinced that it was negative- in the end, I rooted it out, and went on the clearblue website, just to check!
Wonderful day.
Best of luck,
Marie xx

#5 ·
Hi Hollie

We were told to avoid sex but no one said anything about avoiding orgasms.

Clare

#6 ·
I remember reading years ago whilst ttc naturally that the woman having an orgasm after the man actually helped the sperm to get to the right place ;)......in my case it would have been like a suction tank ;) ^roflmao^.......so i guess the contractions that an orgasm causes could help with implantation ???
Good luck to everyone....if you try it or not ;)
luv
juel xx

Good vote Hollie!!

#11 ·
??? ???What is BMS???????? ???

#12 ·
you learn something new everyday!! :eek: ;D

#14 ·
i have just come across this poll and was desperate to see the reults! i am on day 6 of the 2ww and have been thinking about it for....erm.....6 days  ::)

DH is away at the moment  :mad: back in two days so you may not see me around for the rest of my 2ww  ;D ;D as i see the women who agreed an orgasm would do no harm are pregnant!!!!!

L xx

#15 ·
Hi There,
When I asked my clinic why they said to avoid sex during the 2ww, I was told it's because contractions during orgasm can interfere with implantation. They're good for the time around ovulation, but not while you're waiting. I know it stinks, but I plan to abstain for my first IVF cycle. At least I won't think 'what if?'.
Sorry. :(
x

#16 ·
Just to let you know, i did go ahead and ermmmm indulge (twice actually!)

And i have just got a bfp  :)

I am a true believer in orgasms  ;D ;D ;D

L xx

#17 ·
Yeah. Me too. I resisted for as long as I could but in the end, abstaining just wasn't an option.  ;D

Mind you, I did on my first 2ww too and got a BFN.

And who says to need a bloke around to orgasm?  :eek:

#18 ·
come to think  of it, who needs sex when theres ivf  ;D ;D ;D

#19 ·
OMG - It seems that it is better to have orgasms than not if the poll results are anything to go by.
I haven't had tx yet but had already decided not to have sex in the 2ww just in case it caused a problem for embryos but reading the results in here it seems that it certainly wouldn't be a problem and could even help !!!!!  ;D ;D

My... This site answers all sorts doesn't it  ;D ;D ;D

Happy humping girls  ;D

#20 ·
^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^

You put it so bluntly jen lol

Will just say, i have not had sex, just an orgasm or two!!!! Pessaries are a slight turn off!

L xx

#22 ·
I have a quick question for all those who got BFPs after sex/orgasms in the 2ww - how soon after ET did you ... do it? (sorry about being so blunt!!!)

I am due for my ET on 8/11 (ish!!) and just wondering when would be the best time, if I felt the urge, during the 2ww!

Love this thread made me laugh lots  ^roflmao^

Lots of Love,
Hannah xxxxxxxxxx

#23 ·
Hi Hannah

I cant believe the results on this thread  :)

Well i also read this prior to et and was adamant to 'give it a go' so did on day 7.

Got a positive result too   ^reiki^

I'd recommend anyone to try it judging by those results  :eek:

I also think people should still be able to vote on it  :(

Good Luck
Kim x

#24 ·
Hannah - i indulged twice during my 2ww, i think on days 7 and 8. Surely these results cant be a coincidence?

Maybe if we prove this isnt a coincidence our clinics will be telling us all to have orgasms in a few years!!! I can just see it now, in their info pack  ;D ;D

L xx

#25 ·
Tequila, twice in the same week!!!!

You're not married are you?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I didn't during my 2WW but only because I had pessaries going into all orifices and it kind of puts you off. 

Hollie, it sounds like you should go for it.

Cindy

#26 ·
^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^

Yes i am married but dh had nothing to do with it  ;D ;D ;D

The poor man hasnt had any action since we began tx.  ;D ;D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.