* Author Topic: ? IVF Spain  (Read 3674 times)

0 Members

Offline carmenjones

• Un-Ranked
modify
? IVF Spain
« on: 19/08/04, 17:45 »
I would like to hear the experiences of women who have done DE in Spain.  Were you successful? Cost? Friendly/accomodating staff?  How long did you wait for a donor?

I have an appointment at IVI Madrid in a few months, but I'm researching other clinics as well.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Mandy42

• Institute Marques Barcelona
    modify
    Re: IVF Spain
    « Reply #1 on: 20/08/04, 14:40 »
    Hi Carmen

I cant really offer first hand experience yet as my first appointment with a clinic in Barcelona is next month.  Some of us ladies going to Spain have been posting on the ladies in waiting thread - I dont know if you have seen this.  Basically I chose the Institute Marques as no waiting list (I could have seen them immediately but we could not fit it in until the 27 september), 70% success rate for ivf egg donation, good chance of frosties, ease of getting to barcelona, and very helpful when I e-mail - its the most expensive though compared with the IVI clinics.

Just wanted to say hi anyway and good luck.

Mandy

Offline Anthony Reid

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 20/08/04, 14:45 »
    Hi Carmen,

Ruth our fertility nurse here is setting up a link between the UK and spain for egg donation.

You might like to send her an IM :)

Tony,

Offline carmenjones

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 20/08/04, 19:49 »
    Mandy, I got an e-mail from the same clinic in Barcelona.  Yes, they boast a 70% success rate, but has anyone lived to tell the story or is their own horn tooting?

The e-mail from Caroline sounds promising and of course I like the "no-wait" line.  She also said they have mixed race donors which is what I need.  I would be very interested to know how your appointment goes in Sept.  I currently have an appt scheduled with IVI Madrid, but will gladly cancel if Marques is faster with my wants/needs.  I wonder why it's more expensive?  They must be giving their donors a bit more of a stipend?  They also want more tests.  I've been through 5 BFN IVFs so I'm tested out.

cj

Offline Anthony Reid

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 20/08/04, 19:52 »
    If they are stating 70% success - then I would say thats only for Blastocyst transfer.

Offline soozzee

modify
    Re: ? IVF Spain
    « Reply #5 on: 22/08/04, 09:34 »
    Hi Girls

I think that the success rate quoted is positive pregnancy / embryo transfer.  The HFEA rates are quoted as live births / treatment started.  This makes a big difference to the figures! 

Susie
    x

Offline Mandy42

• Institute Marques Barcelona
    modify
    Re: ? IVF Spain
    « Reply #6 on: 23/08/04, 08:23 »
    Hi Carmen

I am always suspicious of stats but it was also the tone of the clinic I liked (if you know what I mean).  There is a lady on this site who went there in Feb, got a donor immediately and is now happily pregnant after her first transfer who I have corresponded with.  It was one of the reasons that I picked them rather than one of the other clinics, but at the end of the day its a bit of a gamble who you go to and whether its a success.  I do not know why its more expensive, I found a clinic in Marbella Ceram (via Ruth the fertility nurse here) who quoted only 4600 euros for everything with a 50% success rate.  They also seemed fine but the location put us off as it was too much of a hastle to get to.

All the best

Mandy