* Author Topic: IVF - Poor response to stims  (Read 2537 times)

0 Members

Offline Lisa

• Gold Member
  • Icsi In Dubai Gave us our beanie xx
modify
IVF - Poor response to stims
« on: 22/08/04, 11:09 »
If anyone can help me with this I would be so grateful...

I am on day 6 of stimming and I only have 2 follies..... I am going mad my DR says that if I dont produce anymore by my scan on tuesday we will have to abandon tx.. I am going mad.
Is there anything I can do to help with this? my DR has increased my puregon to 200 now I am also having an injection in my arm everyday to stop ovulation.. My AF was 2 months late following my last abandoned FET cycle. I feel like crying I have never got to ET. this is my 2nd ICSI cycle, as the first was abandoned cos of OHSS 2nd FET abandoned cos all 12 frosties didnt make it and now this.... Please if someone can help me  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Lisa

• Gold Member
    modify
    Re: Please help I am going mad?
    « Reply #1 on: 22/08/04, 12:03 »
    Thanks Paula,
      They havent changed the doseage of puregon at all though I was on 150 for my first cycle I am on 200 now.....

I am going crazy I dont think I will be able to cope if this one is abandoned too xx

Offline Caro70

• Gold Member
    • Lizzy and Frankie 4th Jan 06
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 22/08/04, 12:14 »
    Hi Tinks

I don't have any advice for you as I've not had your experince but wanted to say good luck and hope you find a way to keep calm. This tx stuff is so hard and the added hormones in your system are going to make you feel even more erratic than normal.

You will find a way to cope, but for now try not to give up - there are many girls who wait a long time for their follies to play ball, and get there in the end. ^reiki^

Take care
    Caroline
    xx

Offline spange

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 22/08/04, 12:52 »
    Hi Tinks

On my last cycle I was stimming with Menopur. I only had three follicles on day 6 and was told if there were no more on day 10 they could cancel. They increased my dose and on day 10 I had 8 follicles. Stimmed for an extra two days then had EC. Got 8 eggs!!
    Good luck
    Spange

Offline Lisa

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 22/08/04, 13:11 »
    Thanks Spange,...

Well all I can say is here's hoping. is menpor the same as puregon?

I am not letting go of my dream xxx :'( :'( :'(

Offline encore

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #5 on: 22/08/04, 13:26 »
    Tiknks, there was someone on this site recently at argc who was doing either ivf or icse (can't remember which...maybe icsi??)  anyway instead of cancelling her tx they converted to IUI - she only had 2 follicles i think.  anyway she tested positive.  surely that is worth pursuing rather than just cancelling (if it comes to that)?  the name of the post she wrote is called something like "success with IUI at argc" and it is either on icsi or ivf thread if i remember correctly.

anyway, hope you dont have to cancel.  M

Offline Lisa

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #6 on: 22/08/04, 13:32 »
    Hi Megan,
     I would be love to be able to do something like that but my DH had teh snip 18 years ago. ICSI is our only way even IVF wouldnt work  :'( :'(
    Thanks anyway xxxxx

Offline mini

• VIP Member Sponsor
    • Milky Boob Kid !
    modify
    « Reply #7 on: 22/08/04, 13:56 »
    tinks78

thinking of you hun

Love Mini xx

Offline Lisa

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #8 on: 23/08/04, 09:06 »
    Thanks Ladies,

I am feeling a bit better today as my right ovary is aching which is encouraging!!! and if they dont produce enough, well there is nothing that can be done is there.... just get back on the ride next month....

lisa xxxxxx