Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

ABROADIES HOPING FOR ANOTHER MIRACLE - Part 2

44K views 579 replies 29 participants last post by  Sasha B 
#1 ·
Hi Ladies,

The other thread that I started before Christmas seemed to go quiet, but I know there are quite a few of us who are still TTC for no 2. The reason this thread was created was so that we could discuss the logistics of having tx with a child or children in tow as well as being able to share the ups and downs of the journey with one another.

Here is an update based on those of you who were posting on the last thread...

Bonnie - ^BFP^ ^pinkted^ ^blueted^ Twins born 21st Feb 08

RSMUM - ^BFP^ ^pinkted^ EDD May 9th 2008

Ms Minerva - ^BFP^ Feb 08.

SarahElizabeth - ^pray^ Fresh cycle April 08

Izzy - ^pray^ Fresh cycle May 08

Sabina2 - ^pray^ Fresh cycle May 08

Sasha - ^pray^ Fresh cycle May 08

Ali40 - ^pray^ Fresh cycle May 08 ?

Roze - ^pray^ FET ^snowflake^ May / June 08

Rachel - ^pray^ FET ^snowflake^ July 08

Mandellen - ^pray^ Fresh cycle September 08

Radnorgirl - ^pray^ Fresh cycle late 08

Nats210 - Hoping to resume tx in 2008 yet (watch this space)

If you would like me to add / remove you from this list or add further information then please IM me. Looking forward to lots of ^BFP^ this year as our families expand.

love,

Sasha xxx

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi Sasha!

Just popped in to say Hello  ;D ;D ;D

X

#3 ·
Hi Sasha

I would like to join this thread please.

Monty is a Ceram baby, born in October 2007. We are now back on the waiting list - hopefully we will be trying for a little brother or sister at the end of this year.

Helen
x

#4 ·
Hello Helen, Sasha and Debs

Sasha, so glad to read on the thread about the safe arrival of the wrigglers! Thats fab! Do you have any idea when threatment can start?

Helen, my little boy is also a Ceram baby and the last 15 months have definitely made me want to have more! What a cute photo of little Monty! He looks cheeky! Glad to see you also want to do it all over again.

Debs, not long to go now! You must be very excited and i expect your DD is also  ;D ;D. I bet she'll be really good at helping with the baby.

I am on the Ceram waiting list still but i am hoping to fit in a cycle at Irema (Spain) before i reach the top of Cerams list. It is looking like it will be at least 12 months before i get to the top of that (from when i went on it last July). I  visited Irema last week and i am generally quite happy with it. The staff were good. Just waiting for them to get back to me with a donor now. Hoping to cycle in April.

Having a lovely mothers day, went to church with my Mum this morning and then my little boy has slept all afternoon! Must have been all that singing! (out of key !!!).

One of the difficulties with the visit to Irema last week was the wriggling little boy who DID NOT want to sit in his buggy during our consultation! It was quite perculiar talking about rice cakes one second and HIV tests the next! Bit of a head spin! i was so shattered afterwards. At least he finally slept while i had my mock transfer!

Best wishes to all of you
Izzy x

#5 ·
Sasha,
Sorry, forgot to add, please could you add me to your list!

Thanks
Izzy x

#6 ·
Hi Izzy & Helen. Great to see this list is growing! Izzy I can so imagine you little one wanting your undivided attention. It only get worse I'm afraid, once they learn to talk. But even those moment when Bella goes into one, I still can't help but secretly smile inside.

RSMUM, hope you're keeping well these days.

Love,

Sasha xxx

#7 ·
Sasha,
Thanks for adding me to the list! It certainly was quite a different experience having a child with us at the appointment but it made everything so much easier in a way. for these cycles, i obviously really,really want them to work but i have been lucky once  ^cloud9^
I know what you mean about feeling all warm inside, even when he's 'playing up!'. One of the reasons why i want to try and have another baby is the fact that i'm afraid i will spoil him too much. I need to share my love arond a bit!  :)

Hello to Helen, Debs and anyone else on this thread!

Izzy x

#8 ·
Izzy

We were told that the wait for a blue/green eyed donor at Ceram would be around 8 months. Why is your wait so long?

Helen
x

#9 ·
Hi Helen,
Not entirely sure really. we were told 4-6 months at the beginning of July 07 when we went on the list after our frosties didn't survive the thaw. We are looking for a brown eyed / brown haired donor to match with Dh (i am blonde / blue but i thought the waiting list would be longer for that) with A plus blood. The problem seems to be my height at 5"6.

It is a real shame because i really wanted to use the same clinic as we had a lovely positive expereice at Ceram. It might still be the clinic that gives us our next success if things don't work out at Irema.

If i was a little shorter (never felt like a giant before at 5"6!!) i think that we would be heading towards the top of the list now so that might explain the 8 month wait for you.

I still have every faith in Ceram though. i think its fab (but then, i'm biased!).

Best wishes
Izzy x

#10 ·
Sasha - thank you for adding me to the list, I still really cannot believe that I got a BFP, so lovely to see it in black and white!

Looking forward to chatting to you all!  ;D

But really should go to my bed....

Jules xxx

#11 ·
Jules - the BFP is BRILLIANT NEWS  :) :). Enjoy it  :)

Izzy - I think it might be the A+ blood group might be the reason for the longer wait. I am 5'5" so I don't think that the height is the issue. I wonder if our 8 month wait will turn into 12 months ? Mind you I don't think that they would employ such apolicy deliberately.

I am still waiting for AF to turn up. I stopped breastfeeding about a month ago so hopefully she will be here some time in March.

Helen
x

#12 ·
Hello everyone,

Jules, thats great to see that you have a  ^BFP^. You must be over the moon! Thats cheered me up after a  day with a sore throat. Must be bad if it is putting me off my chocolate! Wonder if some wine would help!??

Helen, Thats the thing,like you said,  the waiting list is different for everyone.  Ruth said it was my height when i contacted her last month to see why we were not having treatment yet. Not many people my height want to donate eggs at the moment! I don't think it will effect you because our donor should be a minimum of 5"6 to fit in with Cerams matching criteria. They were spot on with the waiting list estimation when i had my little boy so they must be pretty good at it generally.

Bye for now
Izzyx

#13 ·
HI Ladies

Please  can you add me to your list.  I am an IM person and normally post on the IM thread.  We have our DD from there and sadly our frosties didn't make it.  Well they survived the thaw but didn't make it in me.  We now have a new donor lined up (our original one didn't want to do any more donating) and I am currently on the pill (bleeding) and due to stop it on 16th March.  I hope it still all goes ahead - the bleeding may cause some issues apparently.

Anyway - it is difficult with a little one either in tow or during the 2WW - you are trying to rest and take it easy and end up lugging a one year old around.  It is hard and I wonder in retrospect if I did do too much after my FET.  Hindsight is a wonderful thing!

Nice to see this thread going again - good luck to you all and FANTASTIC news Jules on your BFP!!!

Best wishes

Alison ....

#14 ·
Ali

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but I do not think that you missed out on a BFP just because you did too much in the 2ww. Look how much some people do when they conceive naturally. It is a complete lottery and it never seems to make sense.

Helen
x

#15 ·
Alison - sorry to hear of your BFN. If it is any consolation, I did a lot of walking after ET and during the 2ww, including a low level mountain walk - I think that it must have boosted my circulation or something, so please don't worry about what you did or didn't do, it is just a cruel numbers game and here's hoping that it is your turn next.

Jules xx

#16 ·
Please excuse the barge.

Alison, I'm sorry you had a BFN I feel for you, but as the other's have said please don't blame yourself I really don't believe it's anything you did or didn't do, when I went for #2 my DD was 2yrs 3mths old (a very heavy 2 as well - 98% centile) and I lugged her about everywhere including a long day out walking miles around Madrid the day after transfer and I had a BFP, I'm sorry if I'm being insensitive posting this but I honestly don't think your BFN was anything to do with your activities/lifting etc. Best of luck with your new donor.

Also wishing everyone else here the very very best of luck.
Sand
DD 4yrs 4mths
DS 17mths
(2 fresh cycles at IVI Madrid with same donor)

#17 ·
Alison, we are so good at beating ourselves up when cycles fail. Please don't blame how active you were after your FET. Let's face it women who TTC for no 2 without fertility treatment do all sorts and carry children, shopping etc. before they know they are even pregnant and still go on to have healthy babies. The frustration is that there just seems to be no definite answer as to why a cycle will or won't succeed. I had a fresh cycle and FET with 'perfect embryos' neither of which resulted in a pregnancy. Then I had DD out of a batch of embryos that were good, but not perfect.

I hope you manage to get the bleeding sorted.

love,

Sasha xxx

#18 ·
Oh Ladies

What a lovely welcome to this thread - thank you so much. 

The good news is the bleeding has stopped and am now still on track - stopping the pill on March 16th.

You are all right - it is easy to beat yourself up about all sorts of things, I have decided that my body obviously responds better to fresh rather than frozen transfers!!  However I know nearer the time I will be completely stressed out!

Take care all and thank you again for such great words of support

Alison ....

#19 ·
Hello Everyone,

Ali, i think you had your baby at about the same time i had mine....many congrats! So sorry that your frosties didn't work. I was in a similar position last June and i was very disspaointed that the donor did not want to donate again. Feel that she has already done so much for us though. Its good that you don't have to wait on a list for ages and you will be cycling again soon.

Sanduk: Good to read your message. Very cheering to see that miracles can happen twice!

Sasha, hope you are good. Think you are right about the lifting and things. I didn't lift anything heavy in the 2ww with my little boy but then my friend conceived twins naturally last year annd didn't even realise till she was 9 weeks gone. She had been doing EVERYTHING.

Helen, hope you are good. You might be interested in my post below!

I've been matched with a donor at Ceram...can't believe it!! She looks good to us and so we should be cycling by the beginning of May. I am so excited! Just out of the blue like that! Looks like we will be using Irema as a back up now.

Best Wishes to you all
Izzy x

#20 ·
Izzy - that is great news, really pleased to hear that you will be cycling sooner than you thought!

Alison - glad that you are feeling better and have a date to stop the Pill - I definately do better on fresh rather than FETs.

Jules xxx

#21 ·
Brilliant news Izzy  :) :) :)

#22 ·
Izzy, very excited for you!

Jules, how are you doing?

Love to everyone,

Sasha xxx

#23 ·
Wow! I forgot to put the " enable " thingy on and have missed this thread - have some catching up to do... ;D ;D ;D

#24 ·
Debs - What is the enable thing?

#25 ·
The thing that enables you to be notified if replies are posted. Just click on " notify" .

Hpow are you doing hun? I want to send you a HUGE HUG and MASSIVE MASSIVE thank you - cos without you I would not be running around today like a mad arsed fly trying to get R moved into her new bedroom to make way for the new arrival!  ;D ;D ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ;D ;D ;D

#26 ·
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for the congrats about the donor. Feeling very excited but guarding myself against anything going wrong. You know what i mean!

Debs, what a lovely post. Sometimes these things just hit you don't they. I think Helen was the first person to post about reprofit...am i right?!

Sasha, saw your post on the abroadies thread and wanted you to know that i am thinking of you. I know that i  know you only from the threads but you are so caring to everyone. I hope you will take a bit of that care back, from me, for yourself.

Anyway, take care all of you. I'm looking forward to Tuesday because i am meeting Blubell and Ria. Lucky me!

Izzy x

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.