* Author Topic: Where to source Drugs in the UK using a scanned/emailed prescription  (Read 84526 times)

0 Members

Offline Nobby

Hi everybody

I am having trouble getting my meds. i have seen my GP and they will do prescribe the drugs i need. i have a scanned prescription from reprofit which i thought was sufficient to get them from Ali in shadwell. i have just seen Larkes post and she says that they need an original. Can I get this from reprofit ?

Also any ideas who can do my depot injection? Again my GP is very unhelpful. i really don't want to do it myself.

I have lots of Buserelin from past cycles. Does this do the dame as the depot? I don't mind injecting everyday.

J

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline loobylou713

• Gold Member
    J i would ask stepan about the buserelin because i am sure a couple of ladies have used it on here.

linda
    xxx

Offline julianne

• Gold Member
    Nobby he only makes the exception for Reprofit clients, so make sure you tell him that when you contact him, and email the scanned prescription.

One thing I have noticed about prescriptions from Repro is that often the numbers are wrong.  I don't think I've ever had one that was correct!  So before you send them to Yasser, check them thoroughly and if they're wrong ask Stepan for a corrected one.  It seems a bit daunting if it's your first go, but once you've got your treatment plan (and have figured it out!) it's not hard to work out how many you'll need of each item.

I messed up one of my gonal pens by loading a full 375 dose instead of priming at 37.5, which was a very expensive mistake! Yasser was really good about it, he got me a replacement pen straight away with no prescription from Stepan, so he really is very accommodating. No need to panic :)

Offline suitcase of dreams

• Gold Member
    Yes, don't worry about the scanned script - Yasser (ali's pharmacy) will definitely accept it...picking my drugs up on Tues and there has been no problem with scanned script

Suitcase
    x

Offline Nobby

Thank you ladies - you've put my mind at rest !!!

I've just got to find somebody to give me my depot - has anybody done theirs themselves ??

J

• Gold Member
    Nobby - I've never done a depot but I do all my injections myself - clexane, gestone, HCG trigger, puregon etc...the thought is worse than the deed  :)

Is depot one of those intra muscular ones you do in your  ^shake^ ? Gestone is like that - I stand infront of a full length mirror so I can see what I am doing...

Good luck!
    Suitcase
    x

Offline larkles

• VIP Member Sponsor
    My drugs arrived on time-phew what a relief

Interestingly enough I didn't realise that you could email scanned prescriptions from reprofit and Yasser wouldn't require the original, i wonder why that is, I would've mentioned it if had known but as he asked me to send original I thought that was normal, anyway, now i know-thanks  :)

Nobby-am glad you're sorted

Ouch I hate intramuscular injections, used to go to the hospital at ungodly hour for them to do it, wouldn't attempt to do it myself-you're very brave suitcaseofdreams  :o

Larkles

Offline julianne

• Gold Member
    I've never done depot, sorry, but loads of girls here do them themselves.  I've heard that if you can relax the muscle as much as poss it will really help.  Have a hot bath or shower first, or put a hot water bottle on it, that should make a big diff.  Could you get them done by the nurse at your GP surgery?

• Gold Member
    Needs must Larkles - I'm single and live on my own, so not much choice but to do my own injections. You kind of get used to it...I ice the spot first and warm up the gestone in my bra! Seems to help

re the scanned scripts - technically you do need to provide the original, but Yasser is kind enough to do it without for us Reprofit ladies  :)

Suitcase
    x

Offline Danni

• Gold Member
    • Me 43, DH 43
    hi
    Im about to drop of my scanned script at the Rigcharm Pharmacy today-its only 6stops on the metro from my home. Did not realize its so close.
    ill kill time going to the fleamarket nearby whilst waiting for the meds :)
    Danni
    xxxx