* Author Topic: Where to source Drugs in the UK using a scanned/emailed prescription  (Read 85640 times)

0 Members

Offline julianne

• Gold Member
Mods, can we pin some of this new info at the top of the thread?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Betty-Boo

• VIP Member Sponsor
    • It's never too late to be what you might have been
    Julianne - there is already a link to this thread on the stickies.  It's within all the posts regarding the Czech clinics.

Mini x

Offline vaquera

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Re: Where to source Drugs in/to the USA!!
    « Reply #112 on: 29/06/11, 06:48 »
    OK, All. I know most of you are coming from the UK. But what about us across the sea? Any advice tips for buying meds? Is there any thread BTW for people from the States using Reprofit? Really the only different information would be flying tips and med tips!.
    Thanks!
    Kristy in Cali

Offline Betty-Boo

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Cali

Even the girls from the USA use this thread ... sometimes these chemists / clinics are cheaper..  ;)

All the best

M x

Offline freckles2

Help!! Very stressed! Trying to get my drugs sorted....still. Fertility4u are saying that they won't accept my prescription from reprofit it has to be an original they wont dispatch drugs until they have it. I need them by end of next week. How have you all gone about getting drugs at fertility4u? Did you have to send original presciption? I was sure they accepted reprofit scanned prescriptions from me...or is it that I have to get reprofit to email them?
    Also need orgalutran but they dont have it in stock. will I be able to just get this when I am in Brno? I am going for the whole two weeks from day 7 scan to after EC but cant remember at what stage you use the orgalutran?
    Also having problems with my protocal but thats whole different story!!
    any advice very greatly recieved
    thanks

Offline Betty-Boo

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Freckles - I just emailed them the scanned prescription from Reprofit and they then contacted them direct for the original.  Had no bother what so ever - unless they've changed their working practice??

You'll be able to get it in Brno honey...

What's the problem with protocol? Not sure I cna help with that as have only done min stim IVF with reprofit and that ended up being cancelled.  Might be worth posting here:

https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=251018.0

Mini x

Offline NikkiNoo69

Hi Freckles2,

Can't help you with many of your questions... but can help you with the one to do with obtaining agolutin (progesterone in oil - right?) This is the czech equivalent of gestone which you get over here (and so they won't know over here what it is) and I've always got it from the reprofit pharmacy with no problem whatsoever. (The other equivalent one which is apparently obtainable over is prontogest - I believe it's italian. Again, a progesterone in oil.)

It really is a godsend in terms of cost - 3 euros a box with 5 vials in each box and I use 2 per night (120mg - slightly over the usual 100mg, but that's ok)

If you want to email Slava at the reprofit pharmacy to check if she has it in stock, then she's great at responding. Personally, I've not had a problem getting it from here, the twice that I've got it sent over. Her email address is: [email protected]
    /links

Offline butterflies4ever

• Gold Member
    • Summer time!!
    Help!! Very stressed! Trying to get my drugs sorted....still. Fertility4u are saying that they won't accept my prescription from reprofit it has to be an original they wont dispatch drugs until they have it. I need them by end of next week. How have you all gone about getting drugs at fertility4u? Did you have to send original presciption? I was sure they accepted reprofit scanned prescriptions from me...or is it that I have to get reprofit to email them?
    Also need orgalutran but they dont have it in stock. will I be able to just get this when I am in Brno? I am going for the whole two weeks from day 7 scan to after EC but cant remember at what stage you use the orgalutran?
    Also having problems with my protocal but thats whole different story!!
    any advice very greatly recieved
    thanks
    Ali's pharmacy except emailed px

[email protected]

/links

Offline julianne

• Gold Member
    freckles I went to the top of the thread and got this info for you:

Just wanted to put a note on here about Fazeley's Pharmacy in Tamworth (forgive me if this has already been mentioned).

They are CHEAP, CHEAP, CHEAP for drugs!!!! 

They have recently set up the same agreement with Reprofit as Rigcharm in Shadwell has, whereby they will accept an email prescription and post out your drugs. Once a month Reprofit will post them the original prescriptions.

The contact there is a guy called Ali (not to be confused with the original "Ali at Shadwells" mentioned on here). He is absolutely wonderful and lovely to deal with. Email is [email protected]  and tel is 01827 262 488. (Address can be found on the web if you need it). Mark emails "FAO Ali"

The best part about Fazeley's is that are considerably cheaper than Rigcharm's. I got all my drugs 123 cheaper overall than was quoted by Rigcharm - big, big difference. Plus Ali was more knowledgeable on how each of the drugs needed to be stored and I didn't need to pay 40 for a refridgerated delivery (quoted by Rigcharm), all I needed to pay was 12.50 for a before 12noon special delivery with an ice pack in, as they post them out at 6pm the night before and it's only Pregnyl that needs refridgerating after 24 hrs.

/links

Offline freckles2

Thanks ladies for all your help. Just wanted to let you know. I got my drugs from the Tamworth chemist.  In the end I just got reprofit to email the precription direct to them and that was fine. It all came safe and sound.
    Just so other people know both pharmacies were very helpful. I went with Fazeleys for the main drugs because Rigcharm were wanting 250 delivery for puregon! Claiming it needed a refridgerated lorry. (Fazeleys just packed in cool box and charged 15.00) The actual cost of all the drugs was very similar in  both pharmacys.
    Thanks again