* Author Topic: Where to source Drugs in the UK using a scanned/emailed prescription  (Read 84436 times)

0 Members

Offline Dita

• Gold Member
Hello ladies,

I got an email from Stepan, sending me a list of drugs I am to get, it tells me the name and quantities of the drugs, 200mg, 2mg ect, but not how many I need for how many days I will be taking them, is this usual?   He doesnt explain the drugs at all as he says its too early to give me a plan, I go over in August, but I really dont understand all this at all ???

They do have a pharmisist at the clinic that I can get my drugs from and they will send them out, does anyone know if this would be much more expensive than getting them over here? and if I did get them over here, would the pharmasist understand the prescription????

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline GretaGarbo

Hello Dita,

The treatment plan he will give you nearer to your treatment date will tell you when and how many drugs to take. I'm going in early June and he has only this week been in contact to ask my period dates so he had create my treatment plan. I know what drugs I'll be taking but not what days or how many I'll be taking yet.

Re getting the drugs over here, yes a pharmacist will understand the prescription. However Stepan only provides scanned/emailed prescriptions now, so you will need to find a pharmacist who will accept this. Not many do, however the pharmacist mentioned in this thread (first page) will accept the Reprofit prescriptions. Once you know how many you need of each drug, you can email or ring the pharmacist (0207 790 9150 or email [email protected]) for a quote. Stepan can also provide you a quote for how much the drugs will be from him.

Take care,

- Greta.

/links

Offline suitcase of dreams

• Gold Member
    Dita,

Are you doing own egg or donor IVF? Drugs are different for these - for own egg you need more and they are more expensive....I've only done own egg so not v good on advice for donor but I know you need less for this and they are cheaper (the really expensive stuff is the Gonal F/Puregon for stimming if you are using own eggs)

S usually sends tx plan with all the details about 1 month before you are due to go, so plenty of time yet for you.

Cost of getting drugs from Reprofit is roughly similar to the UK. If you want to get them here, you will need to use one of the specific chemists which deal with scanned scripts from Reprofit - Alis in Shadwell is one, think Fazelys in the Midlands will also help (not all chemists will do scanned scrips from overseas clinics) - they will deliver them out to you so you don't have to be in London/the Midlands...

Hope this helps, it will all be a lot clearer when you get your plan from S about a month before you go  :)
    Suitcase
    x

PS Greta said it all really but I'll post anyway now I've typed it!!

Offline Dita

• Gold Member
    Thanks girls for your answers, really helped me understand it better :)  I am using E.D, have gone through icsi with own eggs 3 times, so understand all about how that works, but this is all new to me, and its always good to have an idea of whats going on/whats happening lol.  If its roughly the same price to get the drugs from reprofit, I will probably get them from there.

Thanks again girls :)

Offline olgakorbut

• Gold Member
    • Please blow me some bubbles for luck!!!
     :)  Hello girls

Well I just went to Ali's in Fazeley and he was really lovely.  Only thing he is only allowed to do emergency scanned prescriptions, so 5 days worth.  He gave me the cost for the Utrogestan, whcih was 11.80 and 6.50 for the Estrimax.  He is going to ring round on Monday to see if he can get round the scanned bit, but did explain why they cant do it and why many GP's wont write one out unless it is a private GP.  Its all to do with the insurance apparently, if treatment goes wrong and they have done the prescription they are not covered.

So now its what do I do!!  I can ring London and am down there thurs not far from the chemist by tube and pick it up, its just if I revert back to coming on on the 25th I need to sort it this week.  Has anyone found anybody else who will do scanned prescriptions though??

Best I ring London and ask and see how much it would cost to have it sent here, or I could get it sent to my London office and pick it up from there after my am event.

Anyway sorry rambling, just thought I would let you know about Fazeley, it will be great if he can sort something, I have to call him after 1pm on Monday.

Thanks
    Kathy xxx

Offline olgakorbut

• Gold Member
     :) BACK AGAIN FOLKS - NEW EMAIL ADDRESS FOR RIGCHARM PHARMACY, SHADWELL

Hi All

Just rang Ali and he was so lovely, he really is helpful.  I can either pick them up on Thurs when in London or he can post for around 5/6.  I will have a tube ticket so might as well fetch then and save a few pennies.

I forgot to ask how I pay!!!   ^idiot^  I presume CR card, will check when I email my prescription.

Right he said as I am FF could I let you all know that he has an email address now which it is better to send your p'tions to:

[email protected]

He said if you could all use that one its much better.  Drugs arent as cheap as Fazely, came to 40 for all boxes, but thats not bad.

Thanks
    Kathy

/links

Offline julianne

• Gold Member
    Yasser (aka Ali) has a credit card gizmo, but not sure if there's an extra charge or not.  I always used debit card.

Offline olgakorbut

• Gold Member
     :)  Thanks Julianne!!!!  Will go and pick up I think, Im down that way so might as well eh

^hugme^ Kathy x

Offline suitcase of dreams

• Gold Member
    No extra charge for paying by credit card  :)

Suitcase
    x

Offline bella 64

• Gold Member
    • Mircales really do happen.
    Hi Girls
    Can you tell me where is shadwells? will he deliver if needed?
    Does stepan normally email the prescription to you?
    Sorry for the Qs, i went through mag last year so it was all different for me.