* Author Topic: Anyone using donor sperm part 77  (Read 105031 times)

0 Members

Offline wilberdoo

• Gold Member-10018
modify
Anyone using donor sperm part 77
« Reply #1460 on: 10/03/21, 01:18 »
Thanks Louise, I forgot how LONG the 2ww is :D I still feel pretty chilled but I want to know one way or the other.  This is it for us, if it doesn't work we will be happy with our beautiful son and get on with life, we more money and less stress :D If it does work, i'm excited to build a little family and give our son a brother or sister, and enjoy the amazing newborn smell again.  (I'm pretending to forget all the hard newborn stuff at the moment :D).

I have started testing already  ::) Only 4dp transfer.  If feels like i'm doing something even though I know it'll be negative.  I'm hoping if it's worked, I might show a positive from Saturday or soon after (7dp).  I think it was 9dp when my son showed up positive.  I'm a nutter I know, but 17 March seems so far away (that's my OTD).

I've had some strange twinges and feel a bit grumpy but that is my normal PMT so no idea what's going on.  I'm due to get my period between now and Sat but no sign so far. Not sure if the progesterone holds it off?

How is everyone else?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline K jade

• Gold Member-10018
    • Infertility veteran since 2011! BFN princess :)
    modify
    « Reply #1461 on: 10/03/21, 07:21 »
    Ah louise I envy u so much. I was sick pretty much daily from day 1 to 40. Some respite at 20 weeks. I found pregnancy absolutely brutal!

Amazing news wilberdo!  Cant wait for the bfp post  ;) xx

Offline wilberdoo

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #1462 on: 11/03/21, 22:36 »
    I feel completely mad KJ  ^idiot^ I forgot how awful the 2ww is!!! Honestly the wait is killing me, all the zen thoughts are out the window and I am wreck.  I'm 6dp 5dt at the moment - testing every day has turned out not to have helped I don't think!  Rahhhhhh

Offline wilberdoo

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #1463 on: 12/03/21, 12:38 »
    Ok, I think itís a bfp, very faint second line on a FRER. But its definitely there, compared it with the negative ones and there is definitely a line. I honestly didnít dare hope this would work ... Iíll do another test in the morning to see if the line is darker. Iím in shock, please stick!!! I got up as couldnít sleep for thinking about it and kept googling -  ^idiot^. Fingers crossed!!

Offline K jade

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #1464 on: 12/03/21, 14:48 »
    Ahhh wilberdoo!!!!so exciting  ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^.
    Fingers crossed .but sounds promising xx

Offline Molly87

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #1465 on: 9/04/21, 20:29 »
    Hi all,

Wow so much amazing news. Congratulations all!!

Well I wonít lie this last miscarriage was tough! Combined with the news coming 2 days before Christmas, not miscarrying for another 3 weeks after that and lockdown meant I lost my head for a bit! The only good bit is we just managed to sneak a trip to Devon in before lockdown hit which gave me some time out (although that was before the miscarriage so couldnít really grieve).

So anyway I must be nuts but here I go again on my 5th fresh cycle! Now fully funded by me - nearly threw up paying £2000 for donor sperm and meds! So Iíve got my baseline scan on 16th April and hopefully start the injections then! My calculations make egg collection around 29th April and transfer early May. My consultant genuinely thinks it will work for me eventually and Iíve just been incredibly unlucky but we shall see.... trying a fresh cycle this time and lots of extra lubion! Iím terrified I wonít lie because Iím not entirely sure I can cope with another failed cycle or miscarriage but Iím not ready to give up yet.

Hope you are all good. xx

Offline K jade

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #1466 on: 10/04/21, 12:39 »
    Hi molly great to hear form u

Fantastic news that your ploughing on ahead. And no your not mad at all your an IVF warrior woman and you WILL get there. Sometimes switching clinics is the golden ticket. I have everything crossed for you pleas keep us posted

Wilberdo and Louise how are you both?
    Xx

Offline wilberdoo

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #1467 on: Today at 03:08 »
    Hey guys
    Molly - bloody hell that sounds brutal! No wonder it was tough for you. Good luck for your next cycle, IVF is so bloody expensive! I get so annoyed that fertiles have babies easily AND donít have to fork out for it - life is unfair!  ;D I hope your consultant is right and this is your lucky cycle xx

Kj Iím just completely mad if Iím honest  ^idiot^ assume itís hormones but Iím a mess. Ever since about a week into the 2ww I have been anxious, depressed and wired - now I also seem to have MS 24/7 and indigestion. Honestly I shouldnít moan as Iíve been so lucky to get a BFP and the scan this week (Iím 8 weeks now  :o) was totally fine. Iím just feeling a bit bonkers! My last pregnancy was not like this at all. I mean, I was hormonal and had a bit of sickness but nothing like this  ^eyes^