* Author Topic: Book suggestions!  (Read 34275 times)

0 Members

Offline leoaimee

• Gold Member
modify
Re: Book suggestions!
« Reply #20 on: 30/10/08, 15:46 »
oooh mable can i see?  can i PM you my email?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Mable

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #21 on: 30/10/08, 17:20 »
    Sure - it's very amateur mind...

Offline lucky2010

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #22 on: 2/11/08, 19:46 »
    this sounds fantastic. I would like to see the prototype if that's ok too mable? I text you re meeting up Gina and we can discuss it more then. I'm not the most creative person but could edit/critique?!!!!

Rach x

Offline cutelittlepumpkin

• Mad mummy of TWO sets of Twins!
    • Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #23 on: 8/11/08, 01:22 »
    This thread is great, I've always wanted to write a book, what a fab idea!!!

I think I will buy some of the suggested books too, anyone know of a gay kids book for twins??

CLP  :-*

Offline Dominique123456

• Gold Member
    • Joseph on his 1st birthday
    modify
    « Reply #24 on: 8/11/08, 02:11 »
    Great ideas thanks folks !

Offline nismat

• VIP Member Sponsor
    • The Boy
    modify
    « Reply #25 on: 25/11/08, 16:22 »
     I think that it's a wonderful idea to self-publish some books featuring 2-mummy families. I agree that the illustrations are definitely key, as they provide most of the interest/starting points for conversations, but I also think that getting the right (often rhythmical) language is what often makes a book more readable over and over again. The books that Toby likes best all seem to have a rhythm to the storyline, rather than "Jack sees a car. It is a red car" type of thing.

Not sure how versatile this subject matter would be - anyone else's child obsessed with vehicles? Am wondering how to make these stories have a wider appeal so that we could all use them?

I think that Toby is definitely heading this way, as we have to walk down the street saying "car....car....car" for every vehicle that passes us or is parked by the pavement. He hasn't yet learnt separate words for lorry, van etc. let alone for quadbikes!! I'm currently trying to vary our car conversations by adding in colour descriptions  ;D

Offline leoaimee

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #26 on: 26/11/08, 08:22 »
    im trying to have inspiration ... its amazing how slow at having creative ideas your brain gets.  im sure if i was at school and in a creative writing lesson i could have had several ideas by now!

i have mentioned the idea to a couple of much more creative friends of mine.  so might see if they are gonna get involved.

ax

Offline cazinge

modify
    « Reply #27 on: 4/02/09, 19:00 »
    Someone in the States recommended
    http://www.4coolgals.com/ 
    to me as a site for lgbt memory/baby books.
    I've had a look through and they look good (although a bit Americanised eg baby shower, sonogram, etc)
    It doesn't say whether they ship to the UK but it can't hurt to email them & ask.

Caz x

/links

Offline leoaimee

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #28 on: 10/02/09, 08:42 »
    thanks for the link caz!

Offline lesbo_mum

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #29 on: 26/02/09, 20:08 »
    Hi Ladies

i found this gay book shop in London they sell childrens books you can order online or visit the shop:

http://freespace.virgin.net/gays.theword/video.htm

em x

/links