* Author Topic: Book suggestions!  (Read 34282 times)

0 Members

Offline Steph29

• Our Little Shay
modify
Re: Book suggestions!
« Reply #50 on: 20/08/10, 11:39 »
There are a few but was it same sex ones or any inparticular you wanted the ones ive seen are about "mommy and daddy couldnt have children" they do explain the process but its all about a man and a women.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Benetton

• Feel free to blow my bubbles anytime...
    modify
    « Reply #51 on: 23/08/10, 10:05 »
    HI Steph, looking for something more lgbt oriented.explained.... maybe thats another gap in the market? Or maybe I just take the plunge and we explain when our child is old enough with some aids to explain the process in age appropriate terms..?

well lets see

B x

Offline Dominique123456

• Gold Member
    • Joseph on his 1st birthday
    modify
    « Reply #52 on: 23/08/10, 10:55 »
    I just love how prepared you are :)

Offline Benetton

modify
    « Reply #53 on: 26/08/10, 11:05 »
    Aww bless ya Dom!! We have waited 5 years for this so really excited to get some stuff that may be harder to find as he gets older.

B x

Offline leoaimee

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #54 on: 4/09/10, 21:09 »
    great list benetton!

we got some of those, 'King and King' is one we have that isnt on your list.  we have space girl pukes too but dont really rate it.

ax

Offline ♥JJ1♥

• Gold Member
    • Thanks for all the bubbles
    modify
    « Reply #55 on: 4/09/10, 23:22 »
    Have you been to the book stop in Blooomsbury 'Gay is the Word' they have a children's section for stories with 2 mummies/daddies etc
    http://freespace.virgin.net/gays.theword/video.htm

Also if you contact Olivia m or DCN they may develop a DS booklet, there is not for my situation a single woman using DE's and a gay man who has a male partner, so one mummy and 2 daddies (hopefully one day)

L x

This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that fertilityfriends.co.uk or its owners are not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Offline Benetton

modify
    « Reply #56 on: 6/09/10, 10:41 »
    Thanks ladies xxx

Offline katenreb

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #57 on: 11/03/11, 16:40 »
    Hi just wanted to add o your list of books. my yopungest girl as been going through a bit of a hard time, as her Dad my exs doesnt approve of mine and my partners relationship. her school haf ordered some books for her to read (she is five nearly 6) they sent them home for me to read first before going letting her look at them. so far they have got her 'king and king' I thought it was great very funny. and 'in my mothers house' wounderful book bit sad at the end, but also covers the fact that not everyone approves of gay relationships.

Offline laurac1988

• Lesbians Couple TTC with known Donor
    modify
    « Reply #58 on: 16/03/11, 10:21 »
    I went into gay's the Word yesterday whilst having a little potter around London. Great shop with really friendly staff :-) I literally said to DP "can you see children's books?" and a member of staff showed us straight away.

Had a little read of a few. Read "If I had 1000 mummies" which I thought was adorable. I also enjoyed I Am A Rainbow by Dolly Parton :-) Although not directly related to children of gay and lesbian parents, it had some great lessons in it like thinking of people's feelings and such.

If you're around London definitely nip down to the shop :-)

Offline Glitterintheair

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #59 on: 16/03/11, 12:20 »
    Got so excited when I read this thread! Please can you tell me where the shop is in London? Me and my partner are there next weekend for a mini break and would live to go  ;D xx