Treatment support > IVF

IVF - Private Nurse to do injections?

(1/4) > >>

Deb10:
Hi

Ive done a post previously about injections - I really have a very difficult time with routine blood tests and things like that - I would prefer if I can have them done proffessionally.

My gp is not that helpful at all - I have asked if the practice nurse will do them and he didnt seem keen - will ask again..

In the meanwhile does anyone have info on how I go about contacting a nurse/ nursing agency to see if i can book some-one to do my injections - Im based in London. I know rationally the injections are not that bad - I just have a bad phobia and this may be the best solution...

Would be grateful for any feedback. Thanks Deborah

Thanks Deborah

AussieMeg:
Hi Deb

Really really really the injections are not that bad. Did they give you one of the self injectors, they don't even look like a needle.

But if there is no talking you around you could contact medicentre. They have several surgeries in London and when I lived there I used them instead of a NHS doctor because I hate the NHS. They will probably do deals on price for you too.

http://www.medicentre.co.uk/

Deb10:
Hi Paula and Meg
Thanks so much for the info. Its crazy - Im so emotional before I have even started treatment and I think the injections are really worrying me.
The hospital wont give me an auto-injector pen. Not sure why- will wait to chat to consultant.  Meg I will contact the medicentre, thank you, Deborah

skelly:
Hi Deb
Don't know where you are in London but I'm in St Albans
I am a registered nurse and if you need jabs I am happy to do them (don't know how you non medical types get your head around these things) but the onus would be on you to get to my place - wouldn't charge you anything for the jabs etc. I've recently stopped doing jabs for a friends daughter who had Hughes syndrome and had to have heparin jabs for the first trimester so it don't bother me as it only takes 5 mins
Alternatively, you could contact a nursing agency (Yellow pages) and arrange for a nurse to come to your home/office and do the jabs but you usually have to pay a minimum call out fee of 3-4 hours and the agency fee so you're looking at about 50-80 per day

Jo

sussexgirl:
Hi Deb,

I work in London and am a nurse and like Jo if you need help I don't mind coming and doing your injections for you.IM me if you want some help. Agencies charge a fair amount of money to send a nurse out.
No charge with me :-)

Chris

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version