* Author Topic: Sperm/Eggs/Embryo transferring abroad  (Read 26883 times)

0 Members

Offline Fraggles

• Gold Member
modify
Re: Anyone posted sperm abroad? Howd'ya do it?
« Reply #10 on: 28/06/10, 20:40 »
Hi

Can't answer your direct question but if it helps I do know that some couples who are unable to be away at the same time have coordinated it so their partner goes overseas and does his bit first, then his OH goes over afterwards so only one of them needs to be away at a time.

Would that work? There will be special packing things they need to do and need to keep it at a certain temperature etc I think so you would have to courier it if you exported I imagine.

F x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Andi123

modify
    Re: Anyone posted sperm abroad? Howd'ya do it?
    « Reply #11 on: 24/08/10, 20:57 »
    I'd say it was unlikely but would love to hear what you find out!

Offline Good Vibrations

modify
    Sperm/Eggs/Embryo transferring abroad
    « Reply #12 on: 14/09/10, 16:34 »
    My wife and I have 4 frozen eggs at a clinic in Spain. We are thinking of moving to Austrlia. Is it possible to have these eggs shipped from Europe to Australia?

Offline Bangle21

• Gold Member
    • At last ..... people who understand
    modify
    Has anyone SHIPPED EMBRYOS BACK TO THE UK?
    « Reply #13 on: 20/09/10, 21:25 »
    Hi there

I have had conflicting advice on this,

Glasgow Nuffield says its fine for them to receive my embie from spain, Glasgow GCRM say its against the law according of HFEA ....

IVI Barcelona say its fine as long as i organise it ....

www.confused.com     ^idiot^

any ideas?

Thanks girls.

This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityFriends.co.uk or its owners are not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Offline Ruth

• Gold Member
    • My boys!
    modify
    Re: Has anyone SHIPPED EMBRYOS BACK TO THE UK?
    « Reply #14 on: 22/09/10, 09:12 »
    Hiyyah

My understanding after working both in UK and abroad is that with embryos crearted with donor eggs they cannot be transferred to the UK as the HFEA would insist on knowing identifible information about the donor for their records and Spain would not be able to give that type of info. I donīt think IVI are aware of this.

Ruth

Offline Ruth

• Gold Member
    • My boys!
    modify
    Re: Can I transfer Frozen eggs across the world?
    « Reply #15 on: 22/09/10, 09:40 »
    Yes it is possible as long as they are created from your own eggs and sperm as the law in Australia does not recognise embryos created with donor eggs. If they were donor eggs then you may need to lie to get them in.

Ruth

Offline Jilly02

modify
    « Reply #16 on: 22/09/10, 11:35 »
    Hiya,

Ruth is correct, if they are anonymously donated egg's then they can not be imported into the UK. If the donor is agreeable to signing the consent form then they can be shipped. But that is not an option with IVI as the donation is done as a firm contract of anonymity as most donors are students and are paid for a service.

We actually looked into it earlier this year due to volcanic and strike disruptions as we had our emby with IVI.

J

Offline Bangle21

• Gold Member
    • At last ..... people who understand
    modify
    « Reply #17 on: 23/09/10, 19:18 »
    Thanks for the replies Ruth and Jilly, you are both right, have contacted the HFEA myself too ...

Am currently waiting on them to come back to me and justify why you can bring an anonymous donor embryo back to the UK "in the uterus" but not in a box ....  I have asked them to explain this logic as ultimately, however they are brought back, the point is, they are still being brought back into the UK so does the "shipping method" really matter????

the idea to bring our embie back would have been far too easy wouldnt it?  Infertility is set to try us and definitely make life difficult !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good luck to everyone
    Gill x

Offline Good Vibrations

modify
    Re: Can I transfer Frozen eggs across the world?
    « Reply #18 on: 24/09/10, 19:01 »
    Dear Ruth

Thank you for your feedback, much appreciated!

:)

Offline LV.

• FF's Queen of all things Green
    • VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    Transferring sperm abroad
    « Reply #19 on: 26/12/10, 16:51 »
    Hi,

Does anybody know the score with transferring sperm abroad from the UK? I've read quite a bit of conflicting information and just wondering how strict the hfea guidelines are. Is it allowable if the cycle is for DE abroad or does it have to be an OE cycle? Does the clinic abroad have to have a special license?

We are hoping to use Serum in Athens

Any info gratefully received.

Many thanks!
    LadyV xx