* Author Topic: AF late- how do I manage dates??  (Read 982 times)

0 Members

Offline LadyB

modify
AF late- how do I manage dates??
« on: 22/01/09, 15:22 »
 Hi all,

just need a bit of a rant.

I've decided to go to Reprofit in March, and based on what is usually a regular cycle Stepan sent me my schedule.

I've had a really difficult time since xmas dealing with this whole infertility thing  :'( and the only thing that was keeping my head up was knowing that my 1st ivf try wasn't too far away. Anyway, instead of my af arriving as expected on the 16th it's now the 22nd and there is still no sign.

I did a hpt on the 19th- not because I thought i was pregnant but because strangely enough anytime I've been a couple of days late doing a hpt has been a sure fire way to bring on the hated af! Anyway i got a BFN- suprise, suprise.

I think it's late because this month I ovulated late (on day 21 on what is normally a 28/29 day cycle) and my cycle is just trying to reset itself.

I'm just really angry though because I want to be able to get on with things and i feel that once again my body is letting me down.

I assume that once my af does actually come I will just contact Stepan and he will reschedule my dates, but now I've had this scare with my regular cycle being messed up i don't know what to do about booking flights and hotels.

How has everyone else managed this?

I was going to book my flights through Ryan air this week but I believe they're non refundable- so now i don't know what to do. I also wanted to book my hotel because i don't want to be left without somewhere to stay and I'm just really annoyed that once again things aren't going to plan.

Why don't things ever just go right!!!  >:(

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Newday

• Gold Member
    modify
    Re: AF late- how do I manage dates??
    « Reply #1 on: 22/01/09, 15:58 »
    Once you have a depot injection you can arrange things MY af always plays up too I think it's stress
    dawn

Offline LadyB

modify
    « Reply #2 on: 22/01/09, 17:20 »
    Thanks Dawn-

what's a depot injection? Is that with DE? I'm using my own eggs so I need to go back on the bcp and then Gonal f injections. If I leave the arrangements till then it will literally be the week before I need to be there and the worry of not having my flights or hotel booked will kill me.

Oh actually...think maybe I've been a bit daft there  ^idiot^ If I make my arrangements when I take the 1st bcp that still gives me 4 weeks...and the bcp regulates the timing...so that's plenty of time to arrange things  ::)

Thanks, that's why i love FF....when tx sends your thinking crazy, there's always someone to help you find your way back  :)

Ladyb

Offline Newday

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 22/01/09, 17:26 »
    yes sorry ladyb thought you were using donor eggs
    Dawn

Offline Morrison1

modify
    « Reply #4 on: 22/01/09, 17:51 »
    LadyB,
    I am not sure how they do OE cycles, but I know here (in US), you can take fewer BCPs prior to cycle start.  I am making the assumption that you are supposed to start your BCP at the onset of your period and then take those for a certain amount of time so you can schedule the rest of the cycle for March, is that correct? 

With my US cycles, they would just have me take those BCPs for a shorter time.  My RE here said that it's like a 13 day minimum, but that I didn't need to take the full 21 day cycle, so they were able to schedule me even if my period was a week late.  Maybe you can ask about this?  Hope it makes sense....

Offline TracyM

modify
    « Reply #5 on: 22/01/09, 17:57 »
    Hi
    Ive had the same problem as you. Worried about the timing of AF, so am taking BCP to regulate.
    Iwas also worried about flights and arrangements. However , I started just looking at prices for flights and found really cheap ones with BMI, starting at 1.04p. Of course by the time you add on extras, it came to 150, for two people, but too good to miss, so Ive booked them.
    If things dont work to plan (god forbid) then at least, in the grand scheme of things, I wont have lost that much money.
    I will wait till I know for definate that I will be flying before I book hotel.

TracyM

Offline LadyB

modify
    « Reply #6 on: 22/01/09, 21:33 »
    Thanks everyone,

I'll check with Stepan about changing the number of bcps and i may book cheap flights, also i was thinking that i could book a hotel for roughly the right dates and get a refund and change dates closer to the time if i need to.

thanks for the ideas x