* Author Topic: Our over 40s babies  (Read 41124 times)

0 Members

Offline Suziefloozie

modify
Our over 40s babies
« Reply #80 on: 21/02/16, 22:00 »
 Baby girl Freya Ellen
 Born 8th December 2015
Age conception 44
Age at birth 45
DEIVF (first attempt at DE after 4 fails with OE
first baby.
Dreams do come true xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Rabbit100

modify
    Our over 40s babies
    « Reply #81 on: 25/07/16, 09:03 »
    Baby Boy
    Born September 2013
    Age conception 39
    Age at birth about to turn 40
    Natural after 5 years of ttc and 4 miscarriages

Baby girl
    Born June 2016
    Age conception 41
    Age at birth 42
    Natural after a further miscarriage (so 5 in total including the 4 above).

Our 8 year journey for our family is complete now.
    Rx

Offline patbaz

• Gold Member
    modify
    Our over 40s babies
    « Reply #82 on: 27/06/17, 11:02 »
    Baby girl born October 2016
    Age of conception 39
    Age at birth 40

Multiple fertility treatments but I am now a mummy after 10 long years

Offline Efi78

• Gold Member
    modify
    Our over 40s babies
    « Reply #83 on: 27/06/17, 11:23 »
    You are all so amazing and give me so much strength.
    I am 39, started TTC 5 years ago. Had one termination bcs of T21 and two silent miscarriages. Male factor issues and I Imagine not very good eggs anymore...
    Should I keep trying or too old?

Offline Caroline73

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Our over 40s babies
    « Reply #84 on: 13/08/17, 19:35 »
    I've just recently had IVF with my own eggs at 43 years old. I started taking Coenzyme Q10 300mg daily and DHEA micronized pharmaceutical grade 25mg (twice a day). DHEA is usually taken at 75mg a day for women who are over 40 and have low AMH levels. My levels weren't too bad at 20 so took a little less. Both these medications are supposed to help with the quality of eggs and help prevent miscarriage-  you should take it at least 3 months before IVF treatment. I also took melatonin 3mg a day at the start of the IVF cycle which is also supposed to improve egg quality (this is only taken at the beginning of an IVF cycle because melatonin can disrupt ovulation if you are trying to conceive naturally). I got this information from a book I read It Starts With The Egg by Rebecca Fett. Really highly recommended and she suggests other supplements which could be helpful. I just chose the ones I was happy to take. I also took a multi vitamin pregnancy supplement and Vitamin C 1000mg. I ended up taking these supplements 7 months before my IVF treatment and I also did acupuncture weekly and took Chinese herbs.

The clinic managed to retrieve 9 eggs. 7 fertilised and 3 made it to 5 day blastocyst stage and 2 made it to 6 day blastocyst stage. Therefore 2 were transferred and 3 have been frozen. This was a surprising result! I have since found out I am pregnant and this is my first IVF cycle. Although I know it is very early days for me I truly believe it was this preparation that helped improve the quality of my eggs. Read the book - you won't be disappointed! I hope this helps anyone at any age trying to conceive with their own eggs x

Offline AngelJ

modify
    Our over 40s babies
    « Reply #85 on: 22/08/17, 17:58 »
    Had ICSI June 16 - failed. Then PICSI August 16 - succeeded.  Gave birth to baby boy 24/4/17. Age 41.  Am now thinking of trying for a sibling. (Own eggs/sperm). not sure if I was just really really lucky or if not many post here but seems not very many success stories on this thread.....

Offline Foxyloxy

modify
    Our over 40s babies
    « Reply #86 on: 1/11/17, 23:14 »
    Hi,

Please add me to your list:

Pink or Blue - Boy
    Natural or IVF - Natural Surprise
    Age at conception - 42 years (2 days before my 43rd Birthday)!
    1st Baby or not - 3rd Baby (had twin boys via IVF in Jan 2009)

Wishing you all the very best of luck. Please don't give up hope, miracles can and do happen!

Thanks,

Foxyloxy xxx

Offline BB41

modify
    Our over 40s babies
    « Reply #87 on: 28/02/18, 19:47 »
    My twin (identical) girls were born 2 weeks ago when I was 43 (concieved when 42). Our 3rd round of natural ivf. We were given 1% chance of success due to age, low amh and high fsh, low follicle count. Still canít believe it and hope it gives someone else hope. We decided to have a go at 3 rounds despite the low odds as I had read stories like this and knew miracles were possible. You are not a statistic!

Offline hopingforutopia

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Our over 40s babies
    « Reply #88 on: 13/03/18, 11:20 »
    Congratulations to all you lovely ladies!  We have just failed our first round of ICSI.  I'm nearly 42 and OH as severe MFI.  10 eggs were retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilised and 1 transferred. Sadly none to freeze.  I feel a little lost and am losing hope so these stories are great to hear.

Offline Rocket75

modify
    Our over 40s babies
    « Reply #89 on: 14/08/18, 08:56 »
    Bethany born 26/11/17
    Maternal age at birth 42
    IVF - Own eggs and sperm
    She was our only embryo viable for transfer in 4 cycles.
    We feel very lucky ❤️