* Author Topic: Newbie and anxious  (Read 499 times)

0 Members

Offline Jaxi

• Un-Ranked
modify
Newbie and anxious
« on: 6/03/09, 13:32 »
Hi everyone,

I have never posted anything on a message board before so I feel a bit inadequate.
I wonder if anyone can help, I am hoping to get a consultation at Care Nottingham. I called the clinic last week and they confirmed that they have received the referral from my GP on Thursday 26/02/09.
The lady explained that the referral would be shown to a consultant and after which a series of forms and questionnaires would be sent out to me. She told me to call back if I hadn't received anything by the end of this week.
As I haven't received anything I called again this morning, the lady confirmed that a letter was to be sent out to me today. As time has gone on since I spoke to her I'm now becoming more and more concerned that maybe the letter I have yet to receive is bad news.
Does anybody know if it's possible to be turned down before even an initial consultation? Obviously I don't know what my GP wrote in his referral letter but he sent all the test results we have had so far, to my knowledge non of the results proved us to be a hopeless case.
Can anybody put my mind at rest that I should at least be offered an appointment?

Thanks, Jackie ^feedback^

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Violet66

• Gold Member
    modify
    Re: Newbie and anxious
    « Reply #1 on: 6/03/09, 13:56 »
    Is this for private or NHS treatment?

If it's NHS then, yes, I'm afraid they can reject you without seeing you because you are over 40 but if it's private then i would have thought they'd want you in for a consultation.

Good luck

Offline Jaxi

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Re: Newbie and anxious
    « Reply #2 on: 6/03/09, 15:09 »
    Thanks for the reply, yes it's for private treatment.