* Author Topic: AVA Peter Russia Merged posts  (Read 113326 times)

0 Members

Offline daisyg

• Gold Member
modify
Re: Succesfull treatment at AVA Peter Russia
« Reply #130 on: 20/07/11, 21:48 »
Hi Lily,

Sorry can only do a short post tonight but will get back to you with more info.

On the face of it, the common denominator is DH's sperm.  Has your DH been tested for infections? e.g. chlamydia, ureaplasma, mycoplasma?  These are a cause of male infertility.  Maybe a course of antibiotics for DH before any new tries?

Has he had a sperm dna fragmentation test?  Again may reveal sperm issues.  He should be on a good male fertility vit. including high in antioxidants for good sperm health.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/health/article2658737.ece

http://malereproduction.com/male-infertility/scsa/

Any other health issues with DH?  e.g. medication, including over the counter painkillers which can affect sperm (plus smoking and alcohol - all not recommended while TTC).  Age of DH can also be a factor.

I personally would recommend a second opinion with a urologist coupled with testing of your remaining embryos to see whether any are normal or not.  No point in transerring abnormal embryos.

The only final answer may be donor sperm or donor embryos, but I do understand that this is a huge emotional and psychological step for you and DH.  However, that may be an ultimate solution?

Such a lot for you to take in I know.  I cannot imagine how much you have both gone through on this painful journey.  I hope you can find some answers.

You may also want to look at/post on the male factor board for more info.

https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=35.0

Best,
Daisy
xxxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline lily17

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #131 on: 20/07/11, 22:57 »
    Hiya Daisyg

Yes, interesting point, we had already thought of all this before the recent 2 miscarriages with the surrogate.

Yes, we have had Dna frag and karyotype testing, and hubby has had all the usual infection screens including the ones you mention ( although not sure on the ureaplama) - all clear.
    We could have them repeated with another consultant, but to be honest it would be a repeat of the same tests, analysed by the same lab ( most use the big one in London)
    ( is it called the doctors lab or something similar) many private clinics send their samples there.
     If there turned out to be an issue with DH sperm, its game over, as I do not want to continue anymore. DH does- hence the surrogate.
    Will give this some thought

Thanks
    Lily xx

Offline SNUGGLEBUG

• Gold Member
    • Just one more!! 😀👌
    modify
    « Reply #132 on: 2/08/11, 14:47 »
    Hi ladies,

Just a quick update.  God I feel so nauseous. Yesterday was awful day for nausea too. Martyn decided we go out for something to eat as I have given up cooking, just can't face it. So he had a big fat burger with chips and I sat there with a vegetable risotto as it was the only thing I could think of that I may be able to eat some of. No such luck really, I must have eaten about 10 mouthfuls and I couldn't touch anymore. On top of that I had to put the menu in between me and Martyns food as I couldn't stand looking at his burger. I have gone right off meat. Haven't eaten meat for weeks now. It makes me want to throw up and all I can smell is fat when I look at it. Gross!!

He is getting worried about me cos he said all I live on is crackers, yoghurts, tomatoes and ryvitas and philladelphia. Yes thats very true lol.

Just now I went into town to get my prescription and I nearly threw up a few times and couldn't wat to get back home. Driving was awful feeling this sick. I can't wait to start to feel myself again and have an appetite. I used to have such a healthy appetite. If I carry on like this I will be loosing weight!

Offline lily17

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #133 on: 2/08/11, 18:01 »
    Hi Missy moo

so delighted to hear you are feeling sick ;D
    its horrid, but it shows the pregnancy is normal and progressing well, which is lovely. :)
     AVA Peter is closed until the 1st Sept, so we cant make any plans to go back until after then.
    Our surrogate is keen to try again, so we will go for another frozen transfer.
    will keep you posted

Lily xx

Offline SNUGGLEBUG

• Gold Member
    • Just one more!! 😀👌
    modify
    « Reply #134 on: 2/08/11, 18:06 »
    Hi Lilly - Yes the m/s started at 5 weeks and 6 days and it has progressively got worse to the point now where I have to force feed myself but I don't manage to eat much ever.  Also I am so tired I sleep a lot in the day.  I reckon I am easily sleeping 16 hours a day!!

It was so bad at once stage I had to email Dr Olga and ask her advice about the meds as I was scared I would throw them back up again but she told me to drink warm sweet tea and eat 3 ginger biscuits and lay down after taking my meds.  Amazingly it worked and they stayed down. 

I am happy to hear that your Surrogate is keen to try again.  Please keep me informed of her progress.  Although Dr Olga has been on vacation since 4th July until 22nd Aug she has still answered every single email I have sent her and I find her extremely professional.  I wouldn't EVER go anywhere else for future transfers now I know about Ava Peter.  I have also had a lot of ladies ask me questions about Ava and I think that they are thinking of going there too.  Its just a do brainer really for me.  Ava Peter = QUALITY, THE BEST!!

Offline lily17

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #135 on: 2/08/11, 22:31 »
    Hiya Missy moo

I agree, they are so good there- even though I have still got to get a positive....I know the treatment is the best!- Ive just had a run of bad luck :(
    Never mind, we try again!!!
    will keep you posted

Lily xxx

Offline SNUGGLEBUG

• Gold Member
    • Just one more!! 😀👌
    modify
    « Reply #136 on: 19/09/11, 14:12 »
    Hi ladies,

Just a quick update.  I am having my sexing scan this Sunday so we will find out if its a girl or a boy.  If its a girl, which I think it is she will be called Bethany Ava and if its a boy Daniel Peter.  I think you can guess where the Ava Peter comes in.  My nausea has completely gone now although from 13 weeks it was still there occasionally.  I am able to enjoy the pregnancy now as I feel very well.  I can't wait until Sunday.  I have a proper little bump now and my belly button has started to come out a little bit.  I am looking forwards to feeling the baby move soon which should be in the next few weeks!

Offline SNUGGLEBUG

• Gold Member
    • Just one more!! 😀👌
    modify
    « Reply #137 on: 26/09/11, 09:13 »
    Well ladies,

We have a little girl in there!   ^pompom^ She was a real wriggle rump too.  ^cloud9^  Never stopped moving.  The sonographer said she is 100% sure she is a girl!!!  Confident or what!  She was using the placenta as a little cushion.  So cute! hehe.  So we are calling her Bethany Ava Smith. She is so adorable and looks so peaceful and contented in there.  I felt her kick on the way home from the scan.  3 consequetive kicks right where I know that her legs were.  Her head is resting on the right where I have a harder bump and her bum and legs down far into my pelvis on the left.  I love her soo much already.  She has cute shut eyes and a beautiful button nose and a cute sticky out belly and her arms look so long and elegant. I just love her!  ^Heart^ ^pinkted^

Offline SNUGGLEBUG

• Gold Member
    • Just one more!! 😀👌
    modify
    « Reply #138 on: 26/09/11, 20:54 »
    Just thought I would share a link with you about how we made Bethany Ava Smith! *SCAN PICTURES*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McvroRVzXDg&feature=youtube_gdata   :) :)

/links

Offline virgomater

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #139 on: 26/02/12, 20:22 »
    thanks for your stories. Ive booked time for initial consultant in May...very exiting!