* Author Topic: AVA Peter Russia Merged posts  (Read 113955 times)

0 Members

Offline Firstbaby2012

• Un-Ranked
modify
Re: AVA Peter Russia Merged posts
« Reply #190 on: 16/02/13, 20:43 »
Hi everyone :)

I have just planned my next treatment. It will be in March and with the same egg donor :) GREAT! :)

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Fairy1808

• xoxo
    modify
    « Reply #191 on: 26/03/13, 20:57 »
    Firstbaby2012. How r things, have u been back yet? We have given the green light now and they have found our donor.....so excited. We have been given dates for April or May. Quick question which I am hoping I find out about tomorrow. Dr Olga mentioned about taking Zolodex and a scan before starting them. Do they send a prescription to your doctor to get and where did u have your scan at short notice?

Hope u can help! Thank u
     ^hugme^

Offline Fairy1808

• xoxo
    modify
    « Reply #192 on: 16/05/13, 21:04 »
    Well we r here! DH did his bit today. Do one part over. My confirmed transfer is Tuesday, 21st. We have been blessed with lovely weather so r just relaxing and enjoying the city. Went on a boat trip today, completely in Russian but an enjoyable hour.
    Hope everything is hoping well at the clinic with our embies.  ^pray^
    xxx

Offline rubyless

modify
    « Reply #193 on: 3/07/13, 16:50 »
    Hello Fairy1808,

we are considering AVA peter since we have read alot of great things about the clinic. We also like the fact that you can, with the new program, can see pictures and know more about your donor. Did you take this program? ovbiously I can see that you were successful, congratulations :-)

Ruby

Offline Fairy1808

• xoxo
    modify
    « Reply #194 on: 3/07/13, 21:28 »
    Ruby- welcome! It's a very quiet thread but I'm still on here!
    I can not praise Ava Peter and Dr Olga enough. Her team are amazing. We didn't choose the new option to see photos, partly because I didn't want to be reminded of that image when i look t my child but also because of finances. I too am blond and we narrowed our search down to Eugine in Spain and this one. My thoughts were the same as one of your other posts and although looks don't matter to everyone, I naturally wanted the donor to be the best and closest possible match to me. They were confident of a very good match with very similar facial features.
    They r normally at the fertility show in London hit I don't think that is until November. We did go over for an initial consolidation in September last year and stayed just two nights. It was nice to meet Dr Olga and reassure me and DH this was the right clinic for us. We then went back in May and I am now in my 9th week of pregnancy.

The whole journey is very emotional and you must give yourself time to adjust to what u have decided to do. I had Acupunture with a fertility expert who pretty much doubled up as a councillor! People can be very opinionated so don't let anyone upset u.

Good luck with your decision and let me knowing you need anything else. Once your on the road for treatment, drop into this thread as the ladies are fab!  "Re: Starting 1st DE IVF Cycle - anyone else? Part 5"

^hugme^ xxx

Offline rubyless

modify
    « Reply #195 on: 12/07/13, 18:02 »
    Hello again Fairy,

sorry I simply forgot to check this tread as it is, as you said, really really quiet on here. Well, we are booked for a telephone consultation with doctor Olga tomorrow saturday, and I am really really looking forward to it, as i have yet to hear one single bad thing about her.
    We hope to be able to go out for initial consultation in early sept and ET in end of oct, is that too optimistic do you think?

any other imputs on what I should ask for is greatly appreciated :-)

Ruby

Offline Fairy1808

• xoxo
    modify
    « Reply #196 on: 12/07/13, 21:54 »
    Rubyless- fantastic news! Make sure u have all your questions written down so lu don't forget to ask anything. If u do, I might be able to help. They make it sound very simple because to them it really is. They r so professional and know exactly what they r doing. I think your dates r fine. As soon as u have given them the go ahead. They find a donor to match u very quickly. They provide u some details about the donor and u decide whether u wish to accept or ask for anther one. U will need to have lots of test done over here so it helps to have a good GP, although u still have to pay for some. Once all agreed, she sends u your personal programme listing medication required. Again if u have a good GP and have spoken to him about your treatment, he should do your prescription although may be a private one. I found Lloyds chemist the cheapest. The main thing we had to pay for was our lining scans before we flew out. Couldn't get these through GP so had to go private. Again shop around.

Do u know your blood type yet?
    Sorry if im giving u too much info. Don't want to confuse u!

Let me know how it goes.  ^hugme^ xxx

Offline Smiss

modify
    « Reply #197 on: 16/07/13, 09:58 »
    Hi ladies,
    I'm just wondering if you can offer some advice. I'm at a bit of a crossroads right now. Just had a chemical pg from my last frozen embies. I'm thinking of changing clinic and have heard and read great things about Ava Peter, and also Serum. I'm actually based in Moscow so am very well poisitioned in terms of location for Ava Peter. Is there a particular dr there who you recommend?

Has anyone also considered Serum? I've spoken to Penny there already and she was very nice. BUT, maybe it's silly to travel when i can just jump on a train to st Petes and be there in a few hrs.

At this stage not sure if moving to DE... could be .. or may try another go with OE.

As you can see i'm a bit confused right now.... ^idiot^

Thanks! xx

Offline rubyless

modify
    « Reply #198 on: 17/07/13, 07:24 »
    Hello ladies,

thanks so much Fairy for the advice; we are based in Spain though so it does make our tests and scans a bit different. I do have private health insurance and a good hospital nearby so I hope it works out alright with the doctors I can get there.

So, i spoke to Dr Olga on Saturday and she was really reassuring and nice. We went through my previous attempts with IVF here in Spain and she recommended me to go on to DE. I will be going for the self chosen donor programme; so Dr Olga sent me the password to access the donor database - 81 donors is on it at the moment! It is a really really strange experience to "browse" what basically will be your future children's genetic donor. We get alot of information about their family, medical history for 3 generations, children, interests, looks etc etc. I really like it; that I can know a bit more about my donor but I don't think its for everyone. One of my big obstacles with donor eggs was always "how do I know that the Donor didn't have serious illness in the previous generation? "or hereditary illnesses like cancer/diabetes etc.. Also, I'm ashamed to say, I would want my donor to be good looking and smart. I know, I know, its terrible to be concerned about something like that but on the database we do get info about their education, future goals, and of course pictures from when the donor was up to 10 years old.
    I suppose for me and DP personally this was what was necessary to go for DE. We needed to control the procedure more ourselves. Dr Olga said that once I have a top 2 of 3 list of preferred donors I should send these back to her together with photographs of myself and then she can advice who looks more like me grown up.
    Swiss Miss; I am also on a Norwegian forum "onskebarn.no" and there are alot of Norwegians that go to Dr Olga due to the fact that she has plenty of fair haired donors with blue and green eyes. Everyone is praising her and her team; and the thread for AVA peter more or less everyone get pregnant! So really good results as well.

Let me know how you get on laydies, 

Ruby

Offline Smiss

modify
    « Reply #199 on: 17/07/13, 16:07 »
    Hi Rubyless,

Thanks for the reply. Interesting to know you live in Spain - are you Norwegian?

Me and DH are both dark haired and brown eyed - DH is also half-Italian so quite olive skinned. Am sure Russia has a match though. It must be quite exciting looking through the donors!! and a bit scary? I would also want a good looking one ha ha.

Does Dr Olga believe in treating immunes? This is something i had tested in London but they don't really believe in it here in Moscow. This time I want to throw everything at the cycle and not leave anything to regret.

It looks like i'll have a phone call with Dr Olga over the next few weeks, hoping that will help me decide.

Good luck ladies
    xx