* Author Topic: AVA Peter Russia Merged posts  (Read 114018 times)

0 Members

Offline Lenocheck

modify
Re: AVA Peter Russia Merged posts
« Reply #200 on: 17/07/13, 21:42 »
Hello all,

We are currently in touch with a couple of DE agencies in Moscow (called MART/sweet child and Center Family/Babyeco) as we have decided to try the DE route after a few failed cycles in the UK.  The donors that we have enquired about aren't available so I plan to contact AVA to see if we could use their database but cycle in Moscow (my family live in Moscow so it would be easier logistically etc.)

Please could someone post or DM me an email address for Dr Olga at AVA?

Many thanks!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline rubyless

modify
    « Reply #201 on: 18/07/13, 08:01 »
    Hello again,

swiss miss no sorry I don't know if Dr Olga believes in testing for immunes; I'm afraid I don't even know what that is! Its strange, isn't it; one starts this TTC quite naive and then 3-4 years down the line there is all medical terms, medicines, ivf protocols... if only I had known then what I know now! am really really scared that DE will not work for us - particularity because of DP. You never know how you will react in times of crisis like these and DP is doing the typical "man thing" not talking about it and pretending everything is fine but being very depressed about it all. I am not sure what will happen with us emotionally if we have a failed DEIVF cycle now.. but we have to hope! Thankfully we have a really strong relationship and have been going strong for 8 years now. I cannot start to imagine couples trying this only after a few years together; it is the hardest thing a couple can do I think..
    We will have DE transfer now end of October. We have not yet chosen my donor - will take my/our time. We will have to do it soon though as Dr Olga goes on vacation the 26th of July for 1 month. Yes; swiss miss; I am an Norwegian living in Spain with a British partner; and i would then have a Russian prince/or princess to add to the mix if we are lucky! So we like to mix it up a bit  ;)
    Lenocheck: I just sent an email to Valerina, the coordinator at first; and then Dr Olga contacted me from there. Valerinas English is impeccable so no problem there  :)

Good luck to you both and hope to hear how you are getting on!

Ruby

Offline Fairy1808

• xoxo
    modify
    « Reply #202 on: 18/07/13, 09:31 »
    SwissMiss- sorry to hear about your last cycle  ^hugme^ and welcome to this thread! Dr Olga is the main lady and the Dr I dealt with.  She is brilliant and a lovely lady too.  I can't recomment them enough.  The fact that you live in Moscow would make it even easier for you. 
    I have heard and read a little about Serum as I gather they are a clinic who offer a dual cycle where they implant one of your own eggs and a donor egg and wait and see which one takes, I am not sure how you would ever know??  There is a thread for Serum, so it may be worth looking at that one directly.
    Do consider the impact of travel though as you want it to be as easy as possible so minimal stress.  Having said that, I am in the UK and we went to Russia, but purley because I was so happy with the pregnancy rates and how they had dealt with us.  It is a persional decision, so don't rush into it.  Do your research and go with your heart.  That's what we did.  It would have been easier and cheaper for us to jump on a plane to a spanish clinic, but firstly I am blond and they are maily dark haired, and secondly, the reviews and statistics were mixed.  You will be hard pushed to find anything negative with AvaPeter.
    As I mentioned to Rubyless- have a list of questions you want to ask Dr Olga on your phone call so you don't miss anything.  I am not sure about your immunes, but if you tell her your history and she thinks something is relevent, I am sure she won't miss anything.  You have an individual treatment plan specific to you.
    Good luck, and let me know if you have any more questions. 

Rubyless- Glad your call went well.  The clinic do through testing on each donor for all previous medical history, and is a very suttle way she also said to me that they only take on pretty donors.  They have very strict criteria as to who they allow to be a donor.  What I liked too it that they have such a good wide range of skins and hair colours, whereas some countries are a bit more limited.
    Things can move really quickly once you give them the green light and you have your finances in place.  i am so exicited for you.  You must keep me updated  :) :)

Lenocheck- welcome! It is best to contact them initially via the main email address and they will respond to you that way: [email protected].  Once you have a programme in place, you can then contact Dr Olga directly if needed.  You can ask them, I don't know if they allow this with another clinic.  I would also consider going to them as they are so good and you could still jump on the train to Moscow??

Afm- I have my second scan (12 week) next week, so little nervous, just hoping everything is ok.  We plan to go back in 2 years for a second child as we have 8 frozen embies  :) xxx

Offline Lenocheck

modify
    « Reply #203 on: 19/07/13, 00:19 »
    Thanks Guys.  One of the ladies we were interested in has become available now so will see what comes of this before contacting AVA (I have made a note of email address).

Hi Fairy, hope the 12 week scan goes well next week :)   I live in london but will fly to moscow where I can live rent free for a few weeks - although the train only takes a few hours i think it's about 100 return and thats if you book when ticks are released, worried that costs would begin to spiral with trains & accomm as I guess I would need to go to AVA for constant monitoring in the weeks leading upto ET?  Did you fly direct from UK to St Petersburg?  I thinking of having treatment at a clinic called Generation Next, which is located pretty central in Moscow, I had a good feeling about the place when I visited last month, however I can't seem to find success rates on-line, by the way AVA rates look outstanding!

SwissMiss, are you planning to find accommodation in Saint Petersburg if you chose to cycle at AVA, or just get the train as when needed?

Lenocheck

Offline Smiss

modify
    !
    « Reply #204 on: 26/07/13, 12:32 »
    Hi ladies,
    Sorry for the delay in my response - we went to Italy for a few days - was lovely  :)

Leno - I'm not sure even if I will cycle with AVA yet so haven't thought about accomm. I could imagine though renting an apartment for a few nights rather than a hotel. Probably cheaper too! Don't worry about the train costs - I've paid less than 100, even last minute. Plus you can get other trains that are cheaper, they just take a bit longer. Are you Russian? This is a very international thread! I haven't heard of the clinics you mentioned in Moscow. I will take a look.

Ruby - a Russian tsar in the mix sounds great! You're right it takes time to get on board with the whole ivf thing and terms. Immunes is when you have natural killer cells - you may have heard of the Chicago blood tests? Well they test all these immune things - when your body naturally detects the embryo as being a 'foreign' body and kills it! Unfortunately I tested pos for this, but some dr's don't believe in it as research is fairly new. My DH is also not great at talking about all this.... usually it's me pushing and investigating everything, but i think that's typical! Will you be going to St Petes in Sept?

Fairy - I hope your scan went well. Amazing you have all those snowbabies too !!! I've been on the Serum thread but am seriously taking into account travel too. I love St Petes so it would be no hardship to go there a few times. I reckon, once i speak to Dr Olga then i'll be able to decide.

Anyway, I'm still waiting to get a telephone date with Dr Olga - but i think she might be on holiday? Does anyone know the opening dates of the clinic through August?

xx

Offline Fairy1808

• xoxo
    modify
    « Reply #205 on: 27/07/13, 10:24 »
    Lenocheck- the first time we went, we flew via Moscow and the second time was via Copenhagen. It just depends in the best price really. Flying direct is very expensive. It was very easy flight changes both times and its best to book your flights and visa as soon as you get your treatment dates. We allowed a day earlier and three days later just incase. I know this add to accommodation cost, but actually it was great because it forced me to stay relaxed in the hotel after the ET. And St.P is beautiful.
    Happy to recommend accommodation if needed and the clinic also have a list too. Just try to ensure its not around any public holidays or conferences over there as again it pushes he prices up and hotels get full. We were lucky and had two lovely hotels both times.

Swiss Miss- I love Italy! I think Dr Olga's holiday started on the 26th, but kit ask the clinic. They r very accommodating and she even emailed my a few times when she was off or late at night. We actually went over there for our consult for two days.

Afm- my 12 week scan went well and all is going well. It took two attempts for the scan to work as the little one was in the wrong position! Stubborn already- maybe a boy??!!  So feel somewhat relieved now to be past my first trimester.

Wishing u all lots of luck with those decisions. I found my acupuncturist helped as she kinda acted as a counsellor too. She was a fertility expert affiliated with Zita West and just really helped with those hurdles, decisions and emotions! xxx   ^hugme^ :)

modify
    « Reply #206 on: 28/07/13, 10:10 »
    Hi ladies. I now know my chances with OE are very slim so am researching DE. Even although I'm currently cycling I like to have a plan! My great grandmother was Russian and my grandfather Polish so AVA russian donor seems like a natural match for me. I had a few questions and hoped you could help.

How long did a visa take and do you disclose your reason for visiting?
    How much was a donor egg cycle cost?
    Will they freeze the embryos for siblings? What is the cost?
    Do they have digital photo technique or assisted hatching?
    What are the identification of donor policy?
    Someone metioned that the clinic come to london, do you know when and where?

Thanks so much for answering my questions. xx

Offline Smiss

modify
    « Reply #207 on: 29/07/13, 08:26 »
    Hi  :)
    Just a quick update, I've scheduled my chat with Dr Olga for tomorrow! So i'm excited about that.
    Does anyone have suggestions for good questions to ask? I will try and write some down but i always get a bit flustered on the phone - a bit emotional probably  ::)

Hi waitingtomeetyou! I think the other ladies are probably best placed to answer your questions as I live in Moscow. I do know from friends coming out to visit that a visa takes a few weeks to secure, but you can use an express service which takes a few days (but costs more). I don't think you would need to disclose the reason for visiting as you would get a tourist visa and the hotel would issue the letter of invitation.

Fairy, congrats on your scan, you must be thrilled.  ^hugme^

Hugs to everyone else!!

xx

Offline Lenocheck

modify
    « Reply #208 on: 29/07/13, 22:57 »
    Hi All

SwissMiss, hope your chat goes well tomorrow, we were treated for killer cells / intralipids at Zita West but mentioned this to docs in Russia they didn't believe in it, be interesting to see what Dr Olga's take is! Yes, I'm Russian although a british citizen now - it is such an international thread!

Fairy, yes St P is lovely, we were there earlier this month sightseeing and prices were crazy due to the whites nights festival. We stayed at Hotel Vera which was fantastic as it's situated in a residential area so you feels more relaxed but the tram stops outside that takes you to the centre in no time.

Hello WTMY, are you in the UK? if so, visa takes a week if you deliver app by hand (office is near barbican tube - but postal app wont take much longer) i think you can pay extra for 24 hr. I think the letter of invitation costs about 10 although hotel should supply this for free, agency processing costs are about 25 and the visa itself (single entry up to 30 days) costs around 50 i think. No need to mention ivf.  Not sure on AVA costs. This is the website to use:  http://ru.vfsglobal.co.uk/ 

Afm, got the green light so we have to be in moscow by the 12th of sept to begin the cycle, should be out there for a few weeks. Just looking at flights now, amazingly just 60 return with easyjet!

Lena x

/links

Offline Smiss

modify
    « Reply #209 on: 30/07/13, 11:41 »
    Hi ladies,
    Leno - thats great news you have a date to start! so which clinic are you going with? Those flights are super cheap!!
    I had my chat with Olga. It was good although the line was bad as she was calling from Spain and kept getting cut off. I think i'm inclined to go for it but need to chat with DH this eve. I didn't get the chance to ask all my Qs so the next step would be a face to face meeting when she's back from holiday. She was v. nice and seemed v. accommodating. She did mention another Dr who is there in Aug but i said i wanted to see her as i've heard such great things about her. It's hard waiting though, even just a few weeks!

Does anyone know if you have to pay for the first consultation?

Hope everyone else is doing well.
     ^fairydust^
    xx